IGNORED

Cycle Trader MM Limited question

BigLenny

Gang,

I was looking at Cycle Trader tonight, and there is a 2000 Royal Star Venture MM Limited for sale, and the number plate on the trunk says 0001/1500. What does that mean? Does that mean it is the 1st one produced of 1500 produced? If that is true, wouldn't that be a pretty significant bike to own for a Venture lover?

Just wondering.

Big Lenny

The asking is a bit high for an MM, even with only 11,000 on the odo. The #1 would certainly be an ego booster... I didn't see where it was located in the listing which would also be a consideration.. My gut sez between $5500-$6000.. And if it were close I'd take a run at it... My ego needs help..:sign67: :icon_lurker:

I found it. Tulsa OK.... Good Thing..:)

Edited by Condor

It is about as clean a used bike as I've ever seen. Yea, maybe the price is a little high but I think somebody will pay it. To be honest, if I were in the market, I would try to buy it and if they turned down my offer, I would probably pay that price for it. It is in Tulsa, OK.

WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - THAT IS GORGEOUS and being the 1st one ever built :scared::thumbsup::thumbsup:!!! I would love to own it too but with my luck - some bone head would lose a bumper sticker off the bumper of his car and it blow across the road and get stuck on my front fender and ruin the beauty of that puppy - think I better stick with my new 83...

If I did own it,, I would name it The Falcon and turn into a smuggler.... :big-grin-emoticon:

It is about as clean a used bike as I've ever seen. Yea, maybe the price is a little high but I think somebody will pay it. To be honest, if I were in the market, I would try to buy it and if they turned down my offer, I would probably pay that price for it. It is in Tulsa, OK.

I hear it calling your name.... Go for it, everyone needs at least two.. :)

Just a note.

This bike has been for sale on and off for over the last four years. It was originally sold on eBay, I think about somewhere close to 4 years ago, heavily advertised as the MM number 1, and I have been seeing this bike pop up for sale every now and then on various sites on the internet. If anyone is going to take a shot at it then my advice would be to be very careful before making any payments. Pay after inspecting and having all records and papers in hand.

Can´t help it but I have found it strange that this bike is constantly on the market on and off and never seems to sell.

Would be nice to have the number one though,,,,,,,,,,

Just a note.

This bike has been for sale on and off for over the last four years. It was originally sold on eBay, I think about somewhere close to 4 years ago, heavily advertised as the MM number 1, and I have been seeing this bike pop up for sale every now and then on various sites on the internet. If anyone is going to take a shot at it then my advice would be to be very careful before making any payments. Pay after inspecting and having all records and papers in hand.

Can´t help it but I have found it strange that this bike is constantly on the market on and off and never seems to sell.

Would be nice to have the number one though,,,,,,,,,,

I ran across a feedback for the dealer, they were about 50/50 on yea or nay opinions. One thought did cross my mind about the history of the bike. Didn't the MM's have a special VIN number, or did they keep in step with the general population?? My thinking is if they did have a special VIN, it should start with #00001 or something like that... Anyone here have an MM, and their VIN sorta matched the #of 1500?? On the turn over. Maybe it's a real whiner??

Hey Folks,

I just got off the phone with the dealer. They informed me the bike just sold. I told them I hope the purchaser knew what they were buying. They said they certainly did, and was very excited that it was a 1st production, and they didn't even balk at the asking price.

I was going to make them an offer. Too late.

BL

Somebody needs to buy it and donate it to the Barber Motorsports Museum. That thing would look beautiful sitting under some LED lights representing Yamaha's touring entry.

Price is too high for a 2000 Venture (IMO). Kelly Blue Book value in Excellent condition is $5,345. As for putting it in a museum, (again in my opinion) HELL NO.....that baby needs to be ridden. Just my 2 cents

Edited by DblTrbl

As for putting it in a museum, (again in my opinion) HELL NO.....that baby needs to be ridden. Just my 2 cents

You could say the same for every bike at Barbers. They do need a Venture. 2 Vmax and no Venture? They need to show it's roots. Going to an Iron Butt presentation there this month. Think I'll drop that in the suggestion box.