IGNORED

Inovative police crackdown on texting and driving

Beau-Kat

I don't really have any major heartburn over HANDS FREE phone usage, it's not much different than talking to a passenger. I DO have an issue with holding a phone up to your ear and trying to steer a car!

Texting while driving is TOTALLY out of the question!!

I don't really have any major heartburn over HANDS FREE phone usage, it's not much different than talking to a passenger. I DO have an issue with holding a phone up to your ear and trying to steer a car!

Texting while driving is TOTALLY out of the question!!

Yeah what Bob said! I stomped a phone a couple yrs ago after I almost hit her in the side when she pulled out in front of me with cell phone stuck to side of head!! If I ever meet that "lady" again it might get interesting....:Avatars_Gee_George:

They've just upped the fines here. It's now $368, up from $167 for 1st offense. Then it gets tougher after that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-distracted-driving-law-change-1.3573249

The cops are also now using a high-powered telescopic lens on a camera to catch people long before they see the cops on the side of the road. What's better is they now have a picture versus just an "I saw you".

I don't text and drive, but with my phone, radios and GPS having bluetooth, I guess I better figure out to make it work.

I came up beside a woman on two different occasions at the same intersection and both times she was sitting there texting. I was on the bike and I said something about texting and she put her phone down. The next time I yelled at her saying "Distracted driving is the number one killer of motorcyclists, so stop texting and driving"

I hope I got the message across.

Randy

Randy

They were out here yesterday using spotter scopes to nail distracted and unbelted drivers. I had to laugh as I went by and saw they had a guy on a medical scooter pulled over. I once got a ticket for being 1 mph over the limit.

I thought of this thread as I was doing my test ride today. went by a semi that was weaving all over and driving 10 under the speed limit. as I went by I could see he had both hands off the wheel with just his wrists resting on the top of the wheel cuz both hands were busy texting away.

They've just upped the fines here. It's now $368, up from $167 for 1st offense. Then it gets tougher after that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-distracted-driving-law-change-1.3573249

The cops are also now using a high-powered telescopic lens on a camera to catch people long before they see the cops on the side of the road. What's better is they now have a picture versus just an "I saw you".

I thought the new fine was first time $585 or so with increases each time after that! None the less, texting while driving is a BIG no-no in my books!

:canada:

I thought the new fine was first time $585 or so with increases each time after that! None the less, texting while driving is a BIG no-no in my books!

:canada:

Here's how it works on 1st offense...

"Starting June 1, first-time offenders will receive the $368 ticket and $175 for four penalty points on their driving records, for a total of $543."

And then...

"Repeat offenders will pay the same $368, but will receive escalating penalty points for each offence within 12 months:

• 2nd offence: $368 + $520 in penalty points = $888
  • 5th offence: $368 + $3760 in penalty points = $4,128
  • 10th offence: $368 + $14,520 in penalty points = $14,888

Repeat offenders will also face an automatic licence review, which could result in a driving prohibition of three to 12 months.

Drivers in the graduated licencing program will have their licences reviewed after a first offence."

Man, you guys are sure hard on these texters. You don't understand that their message is very important, and can't wait til they stop to relay it. What if they just had an awesome lunch and needed to lay down a Tweet about it or, even more importantly, post it on Facebook. This information NEEDS to get out as soon as humanly possible.

(I hope this post came across as sarcasm. I can't fkn stand it when I see people texting while driving)

Dale.

I thought of this thread as I was doing my test ride today. went by a semi that was weaving all over and driving 10 under the speed limit. as I went by I could see he had both hands off the wheel with just his wrists resting on the top of the wheel cuz both hands were busy texting away.

I think in Nebraska if they catch you you lose your cdl for up to a year

Guest Jamsie

in Newcastle , uk they reduced the speed limit for buses using a bus lane in a pedestrian area , because texters were stepping out in front of the buses and getting knocked over .they missed a great oppertunity to clean the gene pool