Canada to Cancun on the 250$ Venture - The full ride report

jfman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking for myself, I'd be interested in seeing a map with your route start to finish. Great read, great ride.

Me too

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Wow I have been brain dead the last few days.... Great adventure the me too was the map of the route. It looks like an item for my bucket list.

AMAZING = ABSOLUTELY ENDLESSLY AMAZING!! JF = if you ever get the idea to do some hair brained ride like this again:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2: = no matter what type of scoot your riding = PLEASE,, PRETTY PLEASE dont forget to include us in your trip by sharing it with us!! You my friend are a true - road warrior!! In the spirit of which you traveled - my hat is off to you brother!! VERY VERY WELL DONE!!

Puc

AMAZING = ABSOLUTELY ENDLESSLY AMAZING!! JF = if you ever get the idea to do some hair brained ride like this again:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2: = no matter what type of scoot your riding = PLEASE,, PRETTY PLEASE dont forget to include us in your trip by sharing it with us!! You my friend are a true - road warrior!! In the spirit of which you traveled - my hat is off to you brother!! VERY VERY WELL DONE!!

Puc

Cowpuc: I am riding thru your area in a few weeks on my way to Alaska (on my Versys). If the timing is right we should meet.

jfman

Cowpuc: I am riding thru your area in a few weeks on my way to Alaska (on my Versys). If the timing is right we should meet.

jfman

Would that even be comfortable? Wow long ways on that bike. Reason I asked what it was looks like a crotch rocket to me, thought maybe I missed a touring bike....

Would that even be comfortable? Wow long ways on that bike. Reason I asked what it was looks like a crotch rocket to me, thought maybe I missed a touring bike....

The photo above is a 650. I have the 1000 model which is bigger and has comfier ergos and seat.

I have already put 77k kms on it and it's quite comfy and capable. But the Venture was comfier I must admit.

Here are links of previous rides done on the Versys

Alaska

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/alaska-2014-hotel-budget-zero.995038/

Mexico (Copper Canyon)

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/spending-christmas-in-death-valley-and-the-new-year-in-urique-mexico.1040296/

Around the US + Tijuana (old report with grainy photos)

http://www.blokessportbike.com/showthread.php?t=64421

What an exciting trip this has been. Thank you very much. And thanks for posting the links to the rides you have done. I am also looking forward to your ride Alaska. The only sad part was the ultimate demise of the faithful Venture. I know why but still.....

Anyway thanks again for sharing the wonderful adventure.