IGNORED

Well...I guess I'm no longer bike less

Freebird

I just verbally agreed to buy a motorcycle. I'm supposed to pick it up on Friday. I looked at a lot of different things but my heart kept calling me to come back home. So....I'm not going to play any games...the winner is:

2005 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

20,000.00 miles, a custom Russel Day long seat that has heat, Up Graded clutch, aftermarket BUB Mufflers, Clearview Windshield, Tons of Extras.

It looks like it has about every piece of chrome that Yamaha offered including the air breather covers. Also has HID lights in the headlamp and the running lights.

It has Harley mufflers in the picture but he is also giving me his Bub mufflers. I really don't know that I want them so they will likely be for sale soon. I've never had a Russel seat but will see how it works out. If I don't like it, I will be looking for a Corbin. :)

Wow Don, welcome home...... I didn't know your detour through Hardley land had ended. Now we will be riding twin bikes.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...are you going to be looking for a trailer? Just wondering what you are considering. If something like the Piggy Backer... under $500 the Harbor Freight Tag-Along is a good option. It isn't a Bushtec...but it does the job (and matches the colour of the bike).

Trailer? hmmmmm.....

image017.jpg

image016.jpg

image018.jpg

image019.jpg

Heard something banging around in the garage last night!! By the time I got out there with the 40 Cal it was gone....... "Brown Sugar" hadn't been touched!!! Skeered me for a minute....:Avatars_Gee_George:

Sheeshhh DanL,, you and your quick draw Magraw act has even got the Chipmunks skeerd to move :detective:!!:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::happy65:

I just verbally agreed to buy a motorcycle. I'm supposed to pick it up on Friday. I looked at a lot of different things but my heart kept calling me to come back home. So....I'm not going to play any games...the winner is:

2005 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

20,000.00 miles, a custom Russel Day long seat that has heat, Up Graded clutch, aftermarket BUB Mufflers, Clearview Windshield, Tons of Extras.

It looks like it has about every piece of chrome that Yamaha offered including the air breather covers. Also has HID lights in the headlamp and the running lights.

It has Harley mufflers in the picture but he is also giving me his Bub mufflers. I really don't know that I want them so they will likely be for sale soon. I've never had a Russel seat but will see how it works out. If I don't like it, I will be looking for a Corbin. :)

I could be interested in the Bub exhaust if you decide to sell them, of course that depends on how much you would want!! LOL

Will probably try those. The ones that I had are no longer available from Yamaha. Those are pretty much the same thing. Will just have to find a pair of stock grips now. :)

I believe I may have a set here off of the 99. They are yours if I can find them.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Well I HOPE I am about done with what I thought were the FEW things that I would need for this bike. KuryAkyn longhorn peg mounts are ordered as well as a couple other small things. I think the Russell seat is going to work out but Eileen missed the wraparound Corbin backrest that I had on the '99 and I had a similar Mustang backrest on the Harley. So, I managed to obtain a used Corbin passenger backrest and it is on it's way to Russell to be recovered to match everything else. They do great upholstery work but are pretty proud of their work. It is costing more than I expected it to but it just won't look right otherwise. Nanci from Ace High Leathers has mailed me a sample of the fabric that I had her use to make the Saddlebag lid covers on the '99. I know it's the same pattern but I'm not sure it's the exact same color. Will decided on that after the sample arrives and then decide how to proceed on the bib and lid covers. I want to order another pair of crash bar stiffeners from @Carbon_One at some point. I think that's about it. Oh yea...I need a GPS mount and some drink holders...and.....:whistling:

hmmmmm.... as I recall Don, you'd said something about not justifying having so much money tied up in a motorcycle to just have it sit around and that was why you sold the Harley.

As I continue to read this "saga", I start thinking ... "geeesh, the way he's going, he'll have just about as much money into this Venture by the time he's done" LOL !! :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

just razzin ya of course coz I'm super envious of the process seeing as I'm only financially able to do such things a little bit at a time and usually behind the warden's back LOLOL

Speaking of which, I'm picking up a set of highway pegs for my bike this weekend (unbenownst to her ... hey, it's my money too :whistling:). A little here, a little there ... I'd guess I've added a few thousand extra to the Vic since I got it ... and I ain't done yet!

Maybe next year we'll have the wherewithal to attend your maintenance day where I'll be able to drool all over that black beauty!

Great to see a man excited about his "toys"

How long before ya get that list to match mine??:innocent-emoticon::backinmyday:

Hey...I've already got a handful of things that weren't on the '99. A couple of things will be a while though. VMax rear and Dyna 3000 are going to have to wait a while. Unless you fall asleep at Maintenance Day. :whistling:

hmmmmm.... as I recall Don, you'd said something about not justifying having so much money tied up in a motorcycle to just have it sit around and that was why you sold the Harley.

As I continue to read this "saga", I start thinking ... "geeesh, the way he's going, he'll have just about as much money into this Venture by the time he's done" LOL !! :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

just razzin ya of course coz I'm super envious of the process seeing as I'm only financially able to do such things a little bit at a time and usually behind the warden's back LOLOL

Speaking of which, I'm picking up a set of highway pegs for my bike this weekend (unbenownst to her ... hey, it's my money too :whistling:). A little here, a little there ... I'd guess I've added a few thousand extra to the Vic since I got it ... and I ain't done yet!

Maybe next year we'll have the wherewithal to attend your maintenance day where I'll be able to drool all over that black beauty!

Great to see a man excited about his "toys"

Hey, I know you are razzing me but I tell you, I still have more than $10,000 less tied up in the RSV. :) It's all good.

Well I HOPE I am about done with what I thought were the FEW things that I would need for this bike. KuryAkyn longhorn peg mounts are ordered as well as a couple other small things. I think the Russell seat is going to work out but Eileen missed the wraparound Corbin backrest that I had on the '99 and I had a similar Mustang backrest on the Harley. So, I managed to obtain a used Corbin passenger backrest and it is on it's way to Russell to be recovered to match everything else. They do great upholstery work but are pretty proud of their work. It is costing more than I expected it to but it just won't look right otherwise. Nanci from Ace High Leathers has mailed me a sample of the fabric that I had her use to make the Saddlebag lid covers on the '99. I know it's the same pattern but I'm not sure it's the exact same color. Will decided on that after the sample arrives and then decide how to proceed on the bib and lid covers. I want to order another pair of crash bar stiffeners from @Carbon_One at some point. I think that's about it. Oh yea...I need a GPS mount and some drink holders...and.....:whistling:

Sadlde bag lid covers? I must see this! If it what I'm thinking, I want :)

Great pictures Don, bout time ya got something done !! What took ya so long?

ahh the joys of a new bike and making it your own!!

Wecome back boss!! Now who can i pick on??

ps. Fix your profile. Your bike don't leak !