IGNORED

Tire installation price

Dale124

This is the price list the Yamaha dealer here has posted for doing tires......if you are a regular customer they will do it cheaper. If I take the bags off myself before I bring the bike over, they will do it for $40. Front and rear on the bike, if I buy the tires from them.

image.jpg

Thanks for all the replays, folks. It seems we are all over the map on this one. Canadian prices seem higher, no doubt. I am possibly the least mechanically inclined people on this forum, so even though I do have a jack and the stand that Ed mentioned, it is beyond my comfort zone to take the wheels off myself. I will certainly check around at local shops and see f someone is more reasonable, but I have my doubts.

I got a quote for rear tire today on my 2009 RSV. 1 hr labour@$145Can install. Michelin CommanderII was $245Can.

I paid $60 for front and rear tires mounted, balanced, new metal valve stems, and old tire disposal fees. I brought them the rims with the old ties on them and the new tires, they wanted an additional $250 if I just brought them the bike and new tires. SO I learned how to take the wheels off the bike.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased my own tire changer. The shops here are anywhere from $25 - $150 depending on if its on or off the bike and if you got the tire from them. I have under $150 in my setup and will never be down more then a day for tires again.