IGNORED

It's still cold.....bike pictures

ReinyRooster

I believe it has probably been done before but since it is crazy cold outside and we're all suffering from cabin fever....how about a thread with pictures of the bikes that we have owned.

1978-honda-cb550-k4.jpg$(KGrHqFHJCkFHm(pV6!qBR6,vOEDgg~~60_35.jpg87 Venture.jpg7734.jpgclean bike.jpg

The first was a 1977 Honda 550-4 cyclinder. Good starter bike...rode it to the Indy 500 in 1979.

Then a 1983 Venture.....my first bike bike.

Then a 1987 Venture Royale....rode that one to Colorado and back....awesome bike.

Changed streams and tried a 2000 Honda Gold Wing.....superb bike but hip issues and the seating position caused me to have to get rid of it.

On to my current love......my 2006 Royal Star Venture......love it...great seating position, all the power I need. Love the bike but a little disappointed with Yamaha for things like no tach, tape player, no on board air ride adjustment.

Man I can't wait for spring!!

WHERE IS TWEEKS SHE WILL BE MAD NOT GETTING ANY ATTENTION :parrots:

:think: I read Reiny's request as bikes we "have" owned and read it as meaning our has been scoots of the past BUT,, now that you mention it Drew's - gotta consider Tweek's feelings in here dont I? Ok,, I will sneak Tweeks in here and if Reiny gets upset we will just have to offer him a free Hot Dog this summer to make him feel better :big-grin-emoticon:..

Hey,, now that I got your attention brother,, go back to the pics I posted earlier,, look at the one with Tip and my daughter Cappy - notice Tweeks sister sitting in the background (that was 1st Gen #4 we wore out) - take a look at the pipes I made for her (she came to me with the stock pipes rotted right off).. Thin wall chain link fence post galvanized pipe with fish tails I made out of a piece of tin - bike sounded AWESOME!! Also had a set spots on it I robbed off a trashed Shadow.. That pic was one I took after Cappy and I had just returned from a trip to California.. Ohhhh the memories!!

Ahhh oh,, hear Tweeks whimpering,, here we go.......... This will make er feel better...

DSCN0843.JPG

DSCN8376.JPG

DSCN1671.JPG

DSCN8278.JPG

DSCN1206.JPG

c3 (10).JPG

DSCN3263.JPG

20140701_174836.jpg

b1 (15).JPG

DSCN1236.JPG

DSCN1762.JPG

DSCN1257.JPG

mb50 (8).JPG

DSCN5630.JPG

DSCN9591.JPG

DSCN0944.JPG

DSCN3180.JPG

20140603_091844.jpg

Hey PucMeister, do you still have the 700 Madura? Looks like it was a nice one!

Craig

Nope Craigster,, I sure dont,, that one is one of those "bikes that I owned at one time"... Ohh heck yea,, she was a REAL sweetheart!! Her name was Maud and did she SCREAM for a little 700 - FLAT OUT FUN SCOOT!!:thumbsup::bikersmilie:

Also, her generation was part of a day and age when you sat "into" the scoot instead of on it,,, hard feeling to describe but you probably get my point.. For me, and IMHO, this made her VERY ridable - even on the back wheel (shaft drive scoots are a little strange on the back wheel - totally different than chain drive). Also IMHO,, even the small block V-4's were very special scoots :big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN2875.JPG

DSCN2864.JPG

DSCN2877.JPG

DSCN2874.JPG

DSCN2882.JPG

Hot Dog?? Did someone offer up a hotdog??????? Fire up the grille.......let's do some dogs.......

:happy65::happy65::happy65: That Reiny,, :crackup:.. that Reiny is my kinda guy:rotf:,,, he just :hijacked: his own thread,, and for the price of a Hot Dog:happy34:!! DEFINITELY one of "us" :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

DSCN1050.JPG

DSCN1059.JPG

DSCN1262.JPG

DSCN1267.JPG

DSCN1056.JPG

Yep Puc, I know exactly what you mean, I bought that 700's big sister back in 1985 brand new rite off the showroom floor GV1200 Madura and I still have her out in the garage and she still runs like a top. Has no problem at all getting up on the back wheel even at 31yrs old!! I know, I know I need to get some pics!!

Craig

Yep Puc, I know exactly what you mean, I bought that 700's big sister back in 1985 brand new rite off the showroom floor GV1200 Madura and I still have her out in the garage and she still runs like a top. Has no problem at all getting up on the back wheel even at 31yrs old!! I know, I know I need to get some pics!!

Craig

Now THAT is AWESOME Craig:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::thumbsup:!! Hopefully you crank the old girl up once in a while to keep er rolling:fingers-crossed-emo - (just did an edit here,, you already covered this one WITH = SHE RUNS LIKE A TOP! - I am such a dorkwad sometimes - DUHHHH) One of the crazy things about those V-4 Suzi's is that they only made em for a short time and parts can be hard to come by - NOTHING LIKE OUR 1st Gen Yammers.. A real shame too because they were really fun scoots (as you well know).. I think the V-Max really hurt their sales (and the Honda V-65 too) cause it seems like once the Max came out it was all down hill for Honda and Suzuki.. Ya know what, I almost went Suzuki Cavalcade back in the late 80's before I jumped on the Yamaha scene.. That Cav was a 1400 and it was AWESOME too!! Wayyy cool bike and wayyy ahead of its time..

Never owned of them either but worked on a few of em.. They had a "plug" in the forward bevel shaft that came from the factory with a liken to fall out and cause forward bearing failure due to lube loss.. I repaired a few of em with a machined aluminum plug... Any idea if your big Mauddy has similar mod needs?

Yep,, I know,, I KNOW too,, you REALLY do need to get some pics :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon: WOULD LOVE TO SEE EM!!!

I LOVED the 1200's my friend! Never ever did get to own one but THEY were awesome!! Not that much bigger than the 700 (wayyy cooler pipe design though - I LOVED the stock pipes on the 12) and baby did they BOOGY!!!

One of the things that I always loved about Mauddy was her "chop" like design,,, again,, it was that era.. I know you know this but some folks who may stop in here might not,, that seat on Maud is BONE STOCK.. Look carefully and it sure does look like a King/Queen off a chopper dont it? While lacking in the rake and Springer (I love my springers) front end, she did have enough "chopper feel" that I could ride her all day long, 16 hour days, and never get tired.. GOOD RIDER!!

Edited by cowpuc
reread Craigs post!! Noticed he DOES keep his 1200 Madura running,, and RUNNING LIKE A TOP!!

Yep back in 85 there were 4 "muscle cruisers" and I took them all out for a test ride, being vertically challenged the Maddie just fit me best. The Vmax was awesome but very histrung when that vboost kicked in. The one I rode kept jumping out of second, so I passed on it. Then the V65 Magna, nice bike but not quite the one. Then I took out the Kawasaki Eliminator 1000cc inline 4, real screamer in a straight line but didnt want to corner. The Maddie is quick, handles great, as you said comfortable to ride and bullet proof, I have 60k on her, and I start and run her regularly. Great around town bike, and was an awesome barhopper till I quit drinkin! They dont have the plug failure in the secondary, but you do need to check that fluid everytime I change oil. When we were at the NY ralley last year, the owner of the dealership that sponsers it, took me back in one of his storage sheds to show me his Calvalcade in very nice shape. If you come across one at a good price grab it, there is an active forum and most parts are still avail if you look. Hydraulic valve adjusters no need to check valves.

Craig

Craig

By the way Reiny,, was it seat and bike width that caused issues with your hips on the Wing? Never rode one, sure LOVE the motor and looks!! They do seem to appear a little wider in backbone stance, is that where you ran into problems? I LOVE the color of your RSV better than the black Honda though,,, REALLY REALLY purdy - IMHO...

Only one way to shut the Pucster up XV,,,,,,,, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE ...

I've owned/ridden three bikes - '81 KZ305 LTD (89-96 when I first started riding - was a nice little cruiser. Put about 25,000km on this ride)

'99 Virago 1100SE (owned it from new '99 to 2011- hence the XV1100SE handle - was when I joined VR.org and before I got the RSV. 56,000km on this ride)

'09 RSV (was 2 months "used" and only 2500km - probably the last bike I'll own. Up to 70,000km on this one)

Puc.....the Wing definitely causes you to "spread 'em" somewhat but my problem was that was having an issue with what called an " I.T" band - that is a long tendon that runs from your knee up the outside of the leg, over the hip and into the lower back area. Mine was tightening up to the point where I thought I needed a new hip. The Wing simply made it worse by not having anywhere to move my feet around while riding due to the engine sticking out the sides. Don't get me wrong, the Wing is a great bike....had all the equipemnt you could ask for, loads of power and super quiet....the problem was more me, not the bike. If it wasn't for that issue, I would probably still be riding that Wing.

Gonna give this a whirl @cecdoo!! Cecdoo emailed me a pic of his GORGEOUS Maddie and gave me permission to try a resize so it would be accepted on our site.. I think I got it you guys!! Because of :photographing::cop: client privileges, I am not allowed to release text info from the email so Craig will have to splain all the good stuff... Ok,,, lets give er a shot...

cr1.jpg

Some more pics of current Arizona weather. We have entered our riding season. :biker: We are actually way over our normals for this year. Broke 4 records in Tucson this past week...over 80 in February! Our normals are high 60's-low 70's and 50's at night. Perfect riding weather. Last night I went for a run to check out my lights with the RSV. Night before I rode the VR to check out lights.

70's last night when I took these two pics:

P2190024.jpgP2190028.jpg

Tomorrow...I'll take off to Rio Rico for one of those nice-sized omelets they have. Stuff them or not...one price $7.50 with potatoes!

Yummm

david