IGNORED

Voltmeter LED Display

awsmsrv

That depends on the specific meter you have. Some of the meters you can replace a resistor on the circuit board to adjust the brightness to what you want others you can not. It also matters if it hooks up with 2 wires or more. some meters that use more than 2 wires have the extra wire to dim the display when you turn on the lights. this could be connected to a switch to have bright or dim for day night use.

Or you can do as mentioned and put some pieces of tinted plastic to dim it down to what you want.

I changed mine when I changed bikes due to the brightnedd. I had a Very bright blue display and would have to put a piece of black tape over it at night. I went with a dimmer green one and a little smaller and I like it much better.

Rick,

You know pictures are needed and place of purchase

Looking good with the rebuild, by the way.

Later

AKA Cowboy

I doubt it, my suggestion would be to buy some lens tape or window tint and put over the display.

What is lens tape? I was thinking of cutting a piece of a neutral density filter, such as is used on camera lenses. I'm just not sure how to attach it. Glue?

Small piece of window tint worked for me. Got a piece for free at a tint installer....scrap.

I went to a window tinting place for a scrap as well, but the guy said it wouldn't stick to plastic. Is he wrong?

Still not sure what to do. Thanks to all who've tried to help, so far.

Bob,

You could use neutral density filter stuff...but the cheapest and easiest by far is simple window tint film. I went to an installer and asked for a handfull of scraps of different tint densities. And got some. A touch of super glue in two or three points along edge and no one is the wiser. BTW, I used a razor blade to cut through the super glue and take off the tint. No longer using it....using nothing...guess I got used to the bright light!

Edited by videoarizona

What is lens tape? I was thinking of cutting a piece of a neutral density filter, such as is used on camera lenses. I'm just not sure how to attach it. Glue?

I went to a window tinting place for a scrap as well, but the guy said it wouldn't stick to plastic. Is he wrong?

Still not sure what to do. Thanks to all who've tried to help, so far.

Len's tape is clear and colored tape you use to temporaly repair a taillight on a vehicle, most auto parts stores have red, amber and clear but you can get other colors. Here is a link to a place on amazon that sells them http://www.amazon.com/Headlights-Lights-Vinyl-Adhesive-Frozen/dp/B00CCSD92O/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1456314978&sr=1-6&keywords=spray+tint, you could also try spray tint.