IGNORED

Stuff you do when you cant ride.....

bj66

Quoting Burgess Meredith from Grumpy Old Men "Its Butt Cold and I'm fresh out of beer!". Riding is not an option for us northerners. So I built an ice shack to pass some time between high school basketball games this winter. Ice finally got thick enough to put it out last week.

Last Friday my daughter didn't have school, so I took her fishing with me. Its the first time she wanted to go. Mostly because she knew I had a warm shack, not a flip over tent style shelter. Anyway she caught a few fish, wish we would've had some more bites. But she got to fish, eat hotdogs, and watch a couple of movies.

That awesome feeling you get from riding bikes, this day was way BETTER......

Hollis 1st perch through the ice.jpg

Nice perch - that'll taste good, hope you got more

6 perch, 4 crappie

just enough to keep her interested.

I do have a little story to add

My daughter Holli watched the movie Miss Congeniality. I like Sandra Bullock so I didn't mind watching at all. When it was over I told her it was my turn to pick a movie, and since you don't have school today, you get to have history class. I made her watch the movie Midway, one of my favorites. Either I am a horrible teacher, or she doesn't like history. she decided half way through that a nap was a better deal......:)

Edited by bj66

OH oH

A pic of a hot dog!!!!

You're going to have a @Cowpuc show up if you're not careful.

if Puc shows up, I will break out the venison brats that are jalapeno cheddar flavored.........I'm betting that it would be a cold ride over on tweeks. the jalapeno cheddar cheese in the brats would warm him up some, but I might have to get him some hot chocolate with a small shot of schnapps to thaw him out.......

Wayyyy cool BJ - LOVE the pics!! That perch is a keeper for sure but so is that youngen of yours:clap2::dancefool:! You done good raising that young lady my friend, any time a Dad ends up with an offspring who will venture out on the ice and be a fishing partner he has been blessed!! :thumbsup: Also glad to see your fulfilling your fatherly duties in feeding her a proper diet of Hot Dogs under such adverse conditions - that particular food group has all the things a body needs!:thumbsup2:

So,, what lake are you folks fishing on Bernie? Also give us an idea of what part of the lake so we can look it up on Google earth. Promise I wont steal your fishing hole brother!:Bunny:

if Puc shows up, I will break out the venison brats that are jalapeno cheddar flavored.........I'm betting that it would be a cold ride over on tweeks. the jalapeno cheddar cheese in the brats would warm him up some, but I might have to get him some hot chocolate with a small shot of schnapps to thaw him out.......

Sounds like a plan you lop eared Pie Butt Riding varmint!! Only now that you posted this I need to warn you about something, there is a fairly large group of riders in this area that can sniff out a free Hot Dog better than Blue Tick can smell a bunny.. You best be firing up meat grinder and stuff a bunch more casings with venison cause if they read this and see motorcycle tracks headed that way your SURE to have a crowd!!:big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN1695.JPG

DSCN1698.JPG

Wayyyy cool BJ - LOVE the pics!! That perch is a keeper for sure but so is that youngen of yours:clap2::dancefool:! You done good raising that young lady my friend, any time a Dad ends up with an offspring who will venture out on the ice and be a fishing partner he has been blessed!! :thumbsup: Also glad to see your fulfilling your fatherly duties in feeding her a proper diet of Hot Dogs under such adverse conditions - that particular food group has all the things a body needs!:thumbsup2:

So,, what lake are you folks fishing on Bernie? Also give us an idea of what part of the lake so we can look it up on Google earth. Promise I wont steal your fishing hole brother!:Bunny:

See I told you he was gonna show up fer some dogs.................

Why else would he want to know where you are.:confused24:

the lake is called Amsden Lake. Not a heavily fished lake, and not very big. Deepest part is 24 feet. I'm fishing 22. with early winter temps as warm as they were, you need to use caution. ice is just now 12 inches thick, normally closer to 20 by now. on Wednesday, I was first shack on the ice. since then 2 others have come on. Ice will improve rapidly this weekend with temps getting down into -35 wind chill.

the last three state record Muskies have come from this lake. I think record is around 42 pounds. I've only seen 1 Muskie caught, but can imagine they are hard on the smaller fish species when it comes to feeding.

he reason I go there is because its close to home, about 20 minutes from my house. Plus its not a developed shoreline with cabins and such. its quiet, and a guy can get away without a bunch of 4 wheelers and snowmobiles running around your shack while your trying to fish. if I don't catch much its ok, I'm in it for the relaxation.

the lake is called Amsden Lake. Not a heavily fished lake, and not very big. Deepest part is 24 feet. I'm fishing 22. with early winter temps as warm as they were, you need to use caution. ice is just now 12 inches thick, normally closer to 20 by now. on Wednesday, I was first shack on the ice. since then 2 others have come on. Ice will improve rapidly this weekend with temps getting down into -35 wind chill.

the last three state record Muskies have come from this lake. I think record is around 42 pounds. I've only seen 1 Muskie caught, but can imagine they are hard on the smaller fish species when it comes to feeding.

he reason I go there is because its close to home, about 20 minutes from my house. Plus its not a developed shoreline with cabins and such. its quiet, and a guy can get away without a bunch of 4 wheelers and snowmobiles running around your shack while your trying to fish. if I don't catch much its ok, I'm in it for the relaxation.

Right there with ya on the "in it for the R n R" brother!! Sounds like the PERFECT setting for exactly that!! Tip n I have a favorite fishing hole here that sounds just like you describe.. Its called Little Blue Lake, real shallow, only way on it is a two track thru the woods. This Fine Arts Camp (Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp) sets right on the lake. If you time the fishing just right you can set in the boat, feet dangling in the water, sip on a pop - munch a Dog and pretend to be fishing all while being serenaded with some of the most fantastic classical music known to man.. Total R n R :big-grin-emoticon:

Sounds like a plan you lop eared Pie Butt Riding varmint!! Only now that you posted this I need to warn you about something, there is a fairly large group of riders in this area that can sniff out a free Hot Dog better than Blue Tick can smell a bunny.. You best be firing up meat grinder and stuff a bunch more casings with venison cause if they read this and see motorcycle tracks headed that way your SURE to have a crowd!!:big-grin-emoticon:

You better have snow tires, heated seat, heated grips, and an extra pair of gloves (the gloves is a reference to Dumb and Dumber's mini bike ride to Aspen) because its -3 degrees right now, and the wind chill is between -30 and -40 below right now. i'm even taking the weekend off from fishing.....

I'm guessing I'm pretty safe on running out of brats right now. I don't expect too many bikers to show with this weather...... But I wouldn't put it past you Puc. The others have this thing called common sense :) :) :)

You better have snow tires, heated seat, heated grips, and an extra pair of gloves (the gloves is a reference to Dumb and Dumber's mini bike ride to Aspen) because its -3 degrees right now, and the wind chill is between -30 and -40 below right now. i'm even taking the weekend off from fishing.....

I'm guessing I'm pretty safe on running out of brats right now. I don't expect too many bikers to show with this weather...... But I wouldn't put it past you Puc. The others have this thing called common sense :) :)

Yea,, your probably right BJ, besides those varmints having issues with the problem you mention most of them are probably still working off last summers Hot Dog chasing trauma and are afraid to try and ride an 800 pound motorcycle cross country in a blizzard:big-grin-emoticon::crackup:

Quoting Burgess Meredith from Grumpy Old Men "Its Butt Cold and I'm fresh out of beer!". Riding is not an option for us northerners. So I built an ice shack to pass some time between high school basketball games this winter. Ice finally got thick enough to put it out last week.

Last Friday my daughter didn't have school, so I took her fishing with me. Its the first time she wanted to go. Mostly because she knew I had a warm shack, not a flip over tent style shelter. Anyway she caught a few fish, wish we would've had some more bites. But she got to fish, eat hotdogs, and watch a couple of movies.

Love these stories! Nothing beats quality time with offspring! I'm pleased you had some memory building moments and pray they continue even as they grow up and leave the nest. These moments I've found tend to pass by SO quickly!

Love these stories! Nothing beats quality time with offspring! I'm pleased you had some memory building moments and pray they continue even as they grow up and leave the nest. These moments I've found tend to pass by SO quickly!

:beer:

6 perch, 4 crappie

just enough to keep her interested.

I do have a little story to add

My daughter Holli watched the movie Miss Congeniality. I like Sandra Bullock so I didn't mind watching at all. When it was over I told her it was my turn to pick a movie, and since you don't have school today, you get to have history class. I made her watch the movie Midway, one of my favorites. Either I am a horrible teacher, or she doesn't like history. she decided half way through that a nap was a better deal......:)

I didn't like history either when I was young but am really fascinated by it now, especially the history of the USA. It's an incredible story. And the Midway battle was one of the most amazing battles in history. The Japanese had everything going for them but breaking their code and catching the decks of their carriers loaded with planes that had bombs did them in. The courage demonstrated by our Navy was incredible. Midway is one of my favorite movies too.

I didn't like history either when I was young but am really fascinated by it now, especially the history of the USA. It's an incredible story. And the Midway battle was one of the most amazing battles in history. The Japanese had everything going for them but breaking their code and catching the decks of their carriers loaded with planes that had bombs did them in. The courage demonstrated by our Navy was incredible. Midway is one of my favorite movies too.

watched it again today while I was fishing