IGNORED

what would you do???

hipshot

It isn't hard to recognize Hell's Angels, The Outlaws, or The Pagans. They wear their colors with pride and are prominently displayed on the back of their vests.

Please don't believe that is the only thing that differentiates between a 1% club and any other motorcycle club. If that were all there was to it the Christian Motorcycle Club and Star Touring and riding would be considered 1%.

If you want to know a little something check out this link. Very informative.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/index.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hipshot.

I would gather they were riding (sorry, standing beside their broken down) Harleys?

If it was me I wouldn't even acknowledge their presence.

Worked too long as an LEO (a 99%er) to even give such trash the time of day.

My only reaction would be to quietly walk by, jump on my RSV, hit the starter and ride off with not so much as a nod, a wink or a royal wave.

HAVE TO AGREE WITH SPEAR..BEEN IN REVERSE SITUATION AND ALL I GOT WAS A ONE FINGER WAVE...BEEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT TO LONG..MAYBE IM TAINTED OR SOMETHING IN MY THINKING.. BUT YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE, IF YOU CHOOSE THAT LIFE STYLE IS GENERALY FOR A REASON.:cop: AND YES I LOVE DOUGHNUTS...

well damn!

looks like i "stepped in it again"!

don, i apologize for asking such an "inflammatory" question! i never dreamed , that folks would get to the "flaming point", over such a question!

in the future, i'll be more "selective" in the questions that i ask!

sorry! just jt

And what pray tell would that question be ,"When will Santa bring me a 2nd Gen ?":rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

GENE.

why in the world, would ANYBODY, want santa to bring them an "ugly, slow, whining chirping, harley knock off"?

no sir.

i like what i have.

i also like all the folks here, regardless of what they ride.

i just hate to be the one who always seems to ask the wrong question!

:)just jt

I helped out a 1% several years ago, he was out of gas on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Offered to give him a ride to a gas station, he refused, would not leave his bike. BUT he gave me the key to his house and told me where he had a full gas can locked up in his shed. I went to his house a brough back the can of gas. He invited me back to his house for a beer and thanked me alot for stopping to help. He was a member of the Banddois.

tew47

GENE.

why in the world, would ANYBODY, want santa to bring them an "ugly, slow, whining chirping, harley knock off"?

no sir.

i like what i have.

i also like all the folks here, regardless of what they ride.

i just hate to be the one who always seems to ask the wrong question!

:)just jt

I guess the same reason some want the Older GW look, I guess .

Now to solve the wrong question delima .......hum.... , just do what I do , give them wrong answer !

BEER30

After 20+ yrs as a LEO I have to say that I have become some what disgusted with a large part of the LEO community some of the "Brother Cops" are more interested in getting ahead in their own corner of the world and don't have a clue about what the "Old Timers" have gone through (Remember the days when they called us PIGS to our faces).

Lately in my own mind and personal actions I have begun to identify myself less as a "COP and more with being a "Biker" yes possibly even a 1%er.

When ever I had to deal with a "Real Motorcycle Gang" and it has happened more than once over the years I found that a little respect goes a long way in defusing what could turn nasty in a hurry. The politeness and professionalism with which I exhibited during these encounters lead to several times "Chill dude he's just doing his job" being called out from somewhere in the rear of the pack.

Would I have stopped and helped......... Hell yes! (It could have been the guy who said "Chill dude he's just doing his job")

Hipshot, I think you are one the people I admire most from what you have said in the past. IMHO you did what you thought was right...keep doing that. I don't always agree with you, but respect your right so say and do what you need to. Stay safe and help out those in need.

I'd have stopped to see if they needed anything. I've been a LEO for 20 + yrs and I've seen some bad folks who wore colors and a lot more that never wore any. People are just people, especially when they're having problems. Helping others and offering my help to those in need just helps me sleep better at night, even if they don't accept my offer. I can't hold the actions of some as an excuse to make me too jaded to where I won't help others.

Steve

Hipshot you did not ask the wrong question. I think it is a valid question because of the "reputation" many 1% clubs have, whether it is deserved or not, and you can not be held responsible for peoples answers or opinions.

I have been to some events here that was hosted by the Outlaws. It was open to the general public. From what I have seen they kept to themselves and nobody interferred with them. Basically they like to be left alone. That being said, however, if I did see some 1%'er broke down I would offer help and if declined, just move on. If he wants your help he will take it, if not...oh well. At least you offered.

i would offer help. my wife and i went to the mall one day, and had a flat on the way home. called a tow truck that never showed.the first guy on a harley passed and looked like a real bad ass. beard like santa clause, bib coveralls, and huge. he did'nt even wave. a few minutes later he comes around the block and stops to help us. said i was waiting for a tow truck. second guy on a sportster stops and lets me use his cell phone to call the towing outfit. the third guy and his wife stop with a big ford truck and flat bed trailer and says he will haul me home. still no tow truck after 2 hrs. he hauls me home and i gave him a few beers and $40.00, which he was reluctant to take. turns out he had an ultra glide and was a neighbor of a good friend of mine in another town. all the metric riders just drove on by. kind of have a place in my heart for them mean ole harley riders. :2133:

Id offer assistance, as been has given to me and by me in the past, to and from anyone nomatter what they ride or even if they ride, no reason not too, been robbed at gun point once but wasnt by a motorcyclist or even by someone needing help, helped out a gal once that was probly a scam but just gave her gas and a burrito maybe she got thorugh a rough spot?? If I can help I will.

He wasent a 1%er, he is only called that! He was however a person in need. If he is in need of help and will accept your help, then help! Simple as that!:080402gudl_prv:

We are all God's children, weather is says 1%er on our leather vest or not!

I have stopped along the interstate when a Harley guy was pushing his ride down the side of the road. Asked if I could help, he called me a few names for riding the 86 Yamaha I was on and no he didn't need any help from a rice burner. Even after that I offered to go and get him some gas if that's what he needed.

I take it from the tone of his voice he was not out of gas. I just smiled and went on down the highway.

I do ask most people if I can help especially if they are on a bike.

Jerry

Guest Highway
HAVE TO AGREE WITH SPEAR..BEEN IN REVERSE SITUATION AND ALL I GOT WAS A ONE FINGER WAVE...BEEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT TO LONG..MAYBE IM TAINTED OR SOMETHING IN MY THINKING.. BUT YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE, IF YOU CHOOSE THAT LIFE STYLE IS GENERALY FOR A REASON.:cop: AND YES I LOVE DOUGHNUTS...

I agree with you, Ive had to deal with to many 1% to be happy to help....Anyway some just put out the fire, we go and find the one who started it.......

Hebrews 13:2

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.

i have to agree with you carl..

you never can tell by the cover..

LOOK AT ME... no, im not an angel..:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Ive helped 3 motorcyclists that I can remember and have stopped for a couple others that either declined my help or were in not need of help.

1st guy ran out of gas. I pulled off my fuel line and found a beer bottle in the ditch. Gave him a couple bottles of gas to get him to a station. Followed him to the station to make sure he made it. 2nd guy I was following through Missouri. I wasn't riding with him but he got on the interstate in front of me. Followed him for about 15 miles, he started slowing down and then went onto the shoulder. I heard his bike and stopped behind him to check on him. new rider, new bike, didn't understand how his fuel valve worked. Showed him how it worked and got him going again. 3rd fella how a flat tire and was trying to air it up at a gas station. The connector was goobered up and wouldn't fit on his stem after he spent 75 cents for air. Loaned him my compressor and pumped it back up.

Damn Jt you old trouble maker what are you thinking? Offering a person in need your help and asking an honest question. Have you no shame?

Don't worry about what others think just keep being who you are thats why we like you even though you ride a first gen.

Damn Jt you old trouble maker what are you thinking? Offering a person in need your help and asking an honest question. Have you no shame?

Don't worry about what others think just keep being who you are thats why we like you even though you ride a first gen.

thanks , mike!

you made my day!

today , ain't been a good one, so your "ray of sunshine", sure picked up my spirits!

hope you have a good day tomorrow, and get to ride, before the storms hit ya!

just jt:)