IGNORED

Run Off VOTING for 2016 International Rally Location

Freebird

It's only 3200 Miles, I think I'm in for a little road trip.I vote for Wisconsin even though Green bay just beat Seattle Seahawks. I will be starting a crowd funding for "Poor West Coast Canadians who want to have fun with their US friend but our dollar sucks" Campaign shortly.

Here is a jump start of information that might be helpful to those interested in planning the 2016 International Rally.

Here is some helpful planning information for those interested.

Places to stay in Davis. VW

The places to stay and approximate cost for Davis WV are:

Alpine Lodge & Sawmill Restaurant - $58.00 per night

Canaan Village Inn - $60.00 per night

Windwood Fly-in Resort - $72.00

Timberline Four Seasons Resort - $79.00

Bright Morning Inn - $99.00 (restaurant on site)

Blackwater Falls Lodge - $121.00

Canaan Valley Resort State Park - $139 to $160 per night

==========================

Alpine Lodge & Sawmill Restaurant

850 William Ave

Davis, WV 26260

alpinelodgewva.com

(304) 259-5245

Timberline Four Seasons Resort

254 Four Seasons Dr

Davis, WV 26260

timberlineresort.com

(304) 866-4801

Black Bear Resort

247 Lodge Dr

Davis, WV 26260

blackbearwv.com

(800) 553-2327

Blackwater Falls Lodge

1584 Blackwater Lodge Rd

Davis, WV 26260

blackwaterfalls.com

(304) 259-5216

Leaders Den

110 Treetop Ln

Canaan Heights, WV 26260

canaanvalleywvlodging.com

(703) 262-0382

---------------------------------------

Restaurants near Davis WV - (with-in 5 to 15 minutes from Canaan Village)

Big John's Family Fixin's, Canaan

Pizzas, hoagies, salads & video games

(304) 866-4418

Deerfield Village Restaurant, Canaan

Steak, pasta chicken & lounge

(304) 866-4559

Gigi's Pizza, Canaan

Breakfast, pizzas, hoagies, salads

(304) 866-7000

Canaan Valley Lodge, Canaan

Breakfast, steak, chicken, pasta, salads, hoagies & lounge

(304) 866-4121

White Grass Cafe, Canaan

Soups and vegetarian specials

(304) 866-4114

Sirianni's Pizza Cafe, Davis

Pizza, hoagies, salads

(304) 259-5454

Hellbender Buritos, Davis

Burritos, tacos, soups

(304) 259-5557

The Golden Anchor, Route 32

Seafood, steak, chicken & lounge

(304) 866-2722

Hypnocoffee Coffee Shop, Davis

Coffee

(304) 259-5009

Muttley's, Davis

Steak dinners, salads, hoagies, wings & lounge

(304) 259-4858

Blackwater Brewing Company, Davis

German food, brew, music & karaoke

(304) 259-4221

Sawmills Restaurant, Davis

Breakfast, sandwiches, steaks, salads

(304) 259-5245

The Purple Fiddle, Thomas

Food, drinks & musical entertainment

(304) 463-4040

Blackwater Falls State Park

Breakfast, steak, salad, hoagies, dinner entrees

(304) 259-5216

Mountain View Cafe, Davis

Breakfast, sandwiches, salads

(304) 259-4826

Timberline Cafeteria, Canaan

Breakfast, burgers, fries, hotdogs, specials, pub

(304) 866-4801

Bars & pubs in-near Davis WV

http://www.bonefishgrill.com/

http://blackwaterbrewingwv.com/

Muttley's Downtown

http://www.mountainstatebrewing.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TipTopThomas

Camping/prices?

Here in Michigan our State and Federal lands are similar to most of the western States = open - camp for free anytime.. Anyone know if WV is like that and if there are State/Federal Lands in the area of where the International will be held?

I would urge all to NOT jump into start reserving places. A few years ago when I hosted an event out of Canaan Valley Resort I worked with the group event staff to come up with lodge rates significantly less than the listed rack rates. They also gave me discounted rates on campsites. I would wait until Chuck has a chance to look into a possible group rate.

Chuck, am I correct to assume you plan to contact the resort about group rate? If so, I would also push them to throw in a nightly gathering area and maybe have them give a quote on a banquet if that is something you are considering.

Folks, it's a LONG time until the rally. I recommend that you all wait for a few days. We are working on group discounts and etc. May still be too high for some of you and it that's the case, then of course stay where you wish. But let's wait and see what they come up with. It's always fun when as many as possible are at the same place.

All the information that I have posted is premature (like me) and for information purposes only.

As Freebird mentioned (above post), there have been no calls made to any motels (by me) for group rates or for VR.Org discounts of any kind.

I only posted the information to give all of you an easy way see what was available at the present time and their basic rates so you can decide where you may want to stay.

I wont be posting anymore info for a long time if at all on this subject.

Eck the only problem with using this camping area to Canaan is about 14 miles of deer infested highway, not a good thing early evening or at night.

Slowrollwv,

I don't camp and don't care too, but I posted this info because of post #33 by eagleeye asking about camping. Please note that in my posting, that I also included the recommendation to perform a Google search on camping in that area in case he (or others who want to camp) may find better, closer, cheaper accommodations that they may like.

Slowrollwv,

I don't camp and don't care too, but I posted this info because of post #33 by eagleeye asking about camping. Please note that in my posting, that I also included the recommendation to perform a Google search on camping in that area in case he (or others who want to camp) may find better, closer, cheaper accommodations that they may like.

I understand that you were trying to give good info for camping. I was just stating that there is a lot of deer in this area and running these roads in the evening or at night is very dangerous especially for motorcycles. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I am grateful for all the help that I can get for the rally.

I understand that you were trying to give good info for camping. I was just stating that there is a lot of deer in this area and running these roads in the evening or at night is very dangerous especially for motorcycles. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I am grateful for all the help that I can get for the rally.

No feathers ruffled here my friend, and sorry if I came across that way for it was NOT my intention. Not at all. I surely don't want anyone hitting a deer either.