IGNORED

Thinking about getting into reloading

ragtop69gs

I will offer to unload all the 357 magnum rounds you want to load!! I'm here for ya pal!!

Mostly what I'll be inclined to reload would be .38spl, .380, 9mm, .40sw, 30.06, 6.5 swede(6.5x55) The only .357 I have is a double barrel derringer so I don't go thru much of that, :starz:

And I can unload 6.5x55 as fast as you can load them, you will get lots of practice.

And if eusa1 cant keep up I am pretty good at unloading 38spl also.

A new 500S&W or 50AE is still on my shopping list.

I do all of my loading on a RCBS Rock Chucker press. It is a single stage so it is not real fast, but because I weigh each load it is more accurate than a progressive. Since most of what I load is rifle, accuracy is more important to me than volume.

I am curious as to which 6.5 you have? I ask because all of the small ring Mausers in 6.5x55 that I have checked with chamber gages (5 so far) have all passed a NOGO gage. I redid my chamber to minimum specs and it made a world of difference in accuracy, 3 MOA down to 1/2 MOA.

And I can unload 6.5x55 as fast as you can load them, you will get lots of practice.

And if eusa1 cant keep up I am pretty good at unloading 38spl also.

A new 500S&W or 50AE is still on my shopping list.

I do all of my loading on a RCBS Rock Chucker press. It is a single stage so it is not real fast, but because I weigh each load it is more accurate than a progressive. Since most of what I load is rifle, accuracy is more important to me than volume.

I am curious as to which 6.5 you have? I ask because all of the small ring Mausers in 6.5x55 that I have checked with chamber gages (5 so far) have all passed a NOGO gage. I redid my chamber to minimum specs and it made a world of difference in accuracy, 3 MOA down to 1/2 MOA.

Mine is a mauser that's been sporterized by kimber, composite stock and will drive nails at 800 yds . [emoji7]

I've loaded tens of thousands of rounds on a Dillon 550 and 650. Never known anyone who "blew up" their press loading fast on a progressive and a lot of my friends have 1050's with auto-drives cranking out 1200/hr. Dillon by far has the best warranty in the business (they call it the No BS warranty) and they are awesome machines. The 550 is the easiest to change out calibers but I load 5 on my 650 with a casefeeder and auto index. Yes, I am a competitive shooter and have a reason to load accurate and reliable ammo. My ammo also has to make a minimum power factor (FPS for a certain caliber and bullet weight). Buy once, cry once. You won't save any money but you will shoot a lot more. Start stocking up on components and keep stoking up on components. After the 2012 election and Sandy Hook, it took 3 years for powder and primers to become available again (recently). Go to http://www.brianenos.com/forums There is tons of loading info and you can also buy a Dillon directly from Brian.

IMG_4892.jpg

:mo money::dancefool:

Edited by Beach Bum

Mine is a mauser that's been sporterized by kimber, composite stock and will drive nails at 800 yds . [emoji7]

Wouldn't a hammer be easier???? :think:

I have a couple, 3 or 4, 6.5 and an 8mm all Swede Mauser's along with some 22's 270 308 and who knows what all stacked in my gun safe. :stickpoke: