IGNORED

Ride On

5 Buck Kanuck

I used ride on one time. In my case, over time the stuff hardened and I found that there was no way it could keep my tire "in balance" as the tire wore down..

This was my end result and may not be the same in all cases.

Tire beads (in my opinion) are well worth the cost and never melt or harden over time and can keep a tire in balance as it wears down.

Tire beads do nothing for a leak though...

When your old tire wears out and you are about to replace it, you can drill a good size hole (1/2 inch) in the worn tire, and then using a funnel and bottle, you can turn the worn tire over the funnel and drain/ pour the beads out for use again in the new tire!! :happy34: No need to buy more...

Before my June trip, I put new PR4's on the FJR, and because I knew I was going to be out for a month, I wanted every protection possible to ensure as trouble free a trip as possible. I decided to use the Ride On for this purpose.

My trip covered 7800 miles over the course of a month, saw sustained speeds of 100mph(I-90 in SD), and never once felt a thing out of the ordinary. I am going out again next week for a couple thousand hard miles and expect them to be trouble feee as well.

It does the intended job of providing balance to the tires. I don't know how it works as a sealant. Then again, if I had a puncture that I don't know about, then it works really well!

Put Ride-On in the new tires before heading to venture west, the international, and Sturgis.

I recommend having the tires balanced when you mount them then add the Ride-On that way you have the best of both worlds.

My E-II rear and E-III front tires have about 8500 miles on them now and the ride is great.

I would recommend adding to your tires.

I use it and like it very much. When I changed out my last set of tires I had a couple nails in the back tire and it never went down.

Goose68,

When you changed your tires out did you take notice if the ride on stuff had hardened on the inside of the tire, or was it as runny as it was out of the container it came in?

Goose68,

When you changed your tires out did you take notice if the ride on stuff had hardened on the inside of the tire, or was it as runny as it was out of the container it came in?

Maybe you had excessive dust in the tire packed in where you wouldn't notice and the ride on got thick soaking the dust up. Its just a guess

The ride on that I put in my tire hardened "real hard". It was like an epoxy.

Maybe I just got a defective can or like chaharly said, debris/ dust, dirt in tire but it was a new tire I was having put on at the time.

I have never used it since, but maybe I will try it again some day. I carry an air pump, tire plugs and an emergency can of fix a flat now.

The ride on that I put in my tire hardened "real hard". It was like an epoxy.

Maybe I just got a defective can or like chaharly said, debris/ dust, dirt in tire but it was a new tire I was having put on at the time.

I have never used it since, but maybe I will try it again some day. I carry an air pump, tire plugs and an emergency can of fix a flat now.

Eck, Fresh Ride-On should be like thickened water or thin pudding.

Maybe you did get an old bad batch.

Ride-On is water soluble and can be cleaned out, if the tire is dismounted, by simply hosing out the tire.

One think I did find out is whatever the recommendation is for the tire size, ex: 9-13 ounces do not go below the minimum as the liquid only balancing (without wheel weights) will not be a good, thus my recommendation for doing both.

The stuff does seem to work great on small punctures like nails, screws and such.