IGNORED

Poison Ivy

Venturous Randy

A couple days ago I decided to do some weed eating before it got hot. I had on shorts and decided to put on some sweat pants I had hanging in the garage that I had worn earlier. So, I spend a couple hours on this and cleaning up my mess. The area I was weed eating actually did not have any noticeable poison ivy, but I know that when I used them earlier, there was poison ivy.

I then pulled the sweats off and did some other stuff and later on took a good shower. Evidently the sweat pants I wore must have had some ivy oil in them because now from about my knees down to my socks, I have poison ivy that is driving me crazy. I have put some Ivarest on and some anti itch stuff, but so far, nothing is helping and it is getting worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything that will help.

Randy

Pee on your legs................"HEY".. you wanted our comments now....:sign just kidding:

Years ago when I was 12, my dad has my brother and I cut down a bunch of weeds across the road from our house so that we could have a lake view. We were burning the weeds and brush as we were clearing the area out. Two days later I was in the hospital with poison ivy in my nose, mouth and lungs and I was covered head to toe on the exterior of my body... A week later I was released from the hospital.. I know that itch well. I pity you my friend. Calamine lotion works good as mentioned above. "Don't scratch...." as they say, which is easier said than done!:happy34:

Poison Ivy is bad stuff. I found out the hard way that I am allergic to it. So I get an allergy rash and hives on top of the poison ivy rash. Then I found out I was allergic to the meds that they gave me........ It was not fun. I learned my lesson and never got into it again. I can spot poison ivy from a long ways off.

Well, after it getting worse and stuff running down my legs because of it oozing, I went to the VA emergency room and they gave me two shots, one in each butt cheek. And man, the second one I got that was in my right cheek really hurt. They also gave me some Hydroxyzine Pamoate capsules and some prednizone pills.

So, we will see where this goes.

Randy

There is Tecneu Poision ivy an oak cleaner. Available at Walmart and Walgreens ( at least here in Texas ). It the best stuff I have found but you need to follow the directions on the bottle.

Also, I had a good friend that had a bad case and was having trouble clearing it up and the chlorine in the pool water helped clears his up.

Good luck , the first time I had it down here in Texas I got to spend the weekend watching the welts grow together on my legs and that was after I got cortorizone shots and Benadryl pills and cortorizone suave etc from the doctor.

I havent had poisen ivy since I was a young boy but remember it well. I steer waaaaayyyy clear of that stuff.

The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was...........

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8Q3ywwAGoVChMI9-jRgdKCxwIVhCoeCh1PGQKz&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZRfRITVdz4k&ei=p_u5Vbf5LYTVeM-yiJgL&usg=AFQjCNGPAarOD8UYSqWeT5EELXUxewA5dw&sig2=f8B5gto6PXnr5eNB1dK1zA

Burn clothing that has been infected with poison ivy. Poison ivy is not water soluble and will not wash out of clothing.

See your pharmacist about the skin irritation. There are some excellent products available.

Mike

Well, last night went pretty good and even with my legs looking like big splotches of scabs, it wasn't itching. Today, the area that was under my socks on both feet along my ankles it now oozing and burning and itching. I am using tecnu to wash with and Ivydry spray, but it is still itching very bad. I am just so glad that from my knees down to my ankles are doing better. My skin from my knees down around my ankles is so tight from being swollen that it hurts.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Randy

You are more than welcome brother!

Sounds like you might be getting thru it Randy - OUTSTANDING!! :clap2: Prayers Up and Blessings Down still here for you!

Just dawned me and I am sure you already thought of this but it might not be a bad idea to do whatever ya gotta do to protect your family (grandkids) from getting into the area where that came from.. I'm a little bit touchy when it comes to that kind of stuff - I would probably build a flame thrower and give some Poison Ivy a lesson it would never forget :hurts:

Anyway,, glad you are feeling a little better my friend!:thumbsup:

prednisone is likely what they injected. I am allergic to benadryl so that is what i get if the ivy gets me.

One thing I learned about the stuff is to take a COLD shower, and use dawn dishwashing detergent to clean any area you think you may have exposed. The cold water closes the pores and dawn will dissolve the oil.