IGNORED

Laid it down yesterday

pofarm

Going to a bbq at a friend's house yesterday with another rider. He was looking for the right street to turn on. He almost passed the street, but got stopped. I tried to stop, but I guess I grabbed too much front brake and the bike slid out from under me at about 30 mph. I have road rash up most of my right arm, a small patch on my left elbow, a hole below my right knee (rock?) and my right hip is badly bruised. I'm sore all over.

The bike actually fared better than I did. The right saddlebag is trashed, the right crash bar was bent back into the floorboard, the right floorboard mount is loose, windshield is broke, fairing is bruised, but fixable and the gas tank has a dent where the right speaker grill got into it. For some reason, the rear brake doesn't work any more. May have broke the master cylinder. It's still driveable. One of the guys at the bbq rode it to the house. I guess now is the time to tear it down for the paint job I've been wanting to do.

Happy to hear that YOU are ok...it seem that it takes just as much time for the bike to get fixed as it does for you to totally heal when things like this happens, and sometimes the cost for both to be back to normal is near the same too...:stickpoke: