Sturgis 2015

Mikealiasmike

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be out there again...a total of 3 venture in my group but many more bikes as well. 13 bikes in my group plus another 7, I think will be joining us out there as well. We will have a mixture of Victory, Can-am, Harley, Kawasaki, Honda, and Yamaha.

I am getting married July 10th woo hoo...we will be going. I went last year, and this will be her first time. Staying at Glencoe camp. I camped next to Tx2sturgis last time and had a good experience. Much to see that I could not get too last year. Cow puc mentioned that he would be there too.

Bill

I am getting married July 10th woo hoo...we will be going. I went last year, and this will be her first time. Staying at Glencoe camp. I camped next to Tx2sturgis last time and had a good experience. Much to see that I could not get too last year. Cow puc mentioned that he would be there too.

Bill

AWESOME @jakester!! Congrats to both you and the future Mrs. Jakester!! :ice_congrats-vi6886

Lord willing and the creek dont rise, Tip and I do intend on making the 75th out at Sturgis. We will be camping in the same spot I have for years, open camping on the prairie a couple miles east of the Buffalo Chip unless we get tired and fall asleep on a side walk somewhere or something.. BJ passed on some information about some outstanding pie being located not far from our "campground" that we ARE going to locate while we are out there this year, might be fun to do a VR pie search if we can all hook up in that madhouse somehow...

We will know more about our situation as time draws closer..

Edited by cowpuc

Thanks Puc, we rode by the turn to your camp rode last year, you were not there. If I can remember which rode it was on, maybe we can hook up. Looking forward to it.

Bill

You are welcome Bill,, happy for you two!!

Yea, last year was not a good one for us - this medical stuff all started right after we got home from summer touring and kind of knocked the wind out of me so we never made the trip out. On the same token though, we always pack the tent up when we leave "my campground" anyway (security out there on the prairie is kinda scarce). Its the old drop the tent - fall asleep - get up - put the tent back on and go find fun routine... This year maybe we can have a common meeting place - say the Yamaha Shop on the far west end of town (make our bikes feel at home a little) at a set time each day..

I think this year I am going to try and be at the Yamaha Shop in Sturgis at 1 p.m. for a common place while we are out there, maybe grab a Burger at BK and sit in the Yamaha parking lot and eat it and see if we can catch up with some of our friends. Even just a chance to say howdy would be awesome!!

Ill have to figure out where the Yamaha shop is...I remember the Indian shop on the west end of town, Do not remember seeing anything... but a Yamaha booth (tent) in town. sounds good. It will be nice to meet up with yall. I got up early and rode to see the sites early in the morning, return to Sturgis in the 1 to 3 oclock range everyday grab a bite, watch the in town action a while. 5 to 6 go to camp and park the bike and watch the adults start to misbehave as the sun went down.

Bill

Hey Bill, going west out of town, go under the overpass of I-90 like heading toward Deadwood. Burger King will be on your left, little farther is a Conoco Gas station on your left - Yamaha shop on the right.. Easy to find and, cause its not a Harley doings - usually not jam packed with those goofy bikers LOL... Here is a google earth link..

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.417454,-103.536069,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2O6K9iKAgU26bqZSM9DEdw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D2O6K9iKAgU26bqZSM9DEdw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D100%26h%3D80%26yaw%3D277.48758%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

And then here is a link to my own personal prairie campground not very far from all the action.. If any of you click on this link, then scroll back away a little - you can see exactly where I always prairie camp... If you get tired of the crazy action and just want a quiet place to camp - its wide open and all are welcome.. Last several years have even had a few big motorhomes and fifth wheel toy haulers parked on the gravel road that we come in on and camp for the night.. You can even camp right in the ditch (not really a ditch) right on the side of the main road (34) that leads into town going west past the Buffalo Chip BUT - my spot is PERFECT for a being a little quieter and still being able to see the throngs and throngs of bike traffic coming out of town at night and heading in early in the a.m... No shade of any sort but arrive after dark and out by early morning and it works just fine!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4524956,-103.3763309,99m/data=!3m1!1e3

Hello Everyone: Lee and I as well as RogerII and Lorie are staying at the covered Wagon Campground between Sturgis and Rapid all week. We always look forward to meeting other members. Finding others is difficult during Sturgis. The Yamaha store is a good idea. What has worked good for other VRO meets in the past was to meet for breakfast at the Sturgis Highschool located east of town. Lots of parking for a group. Group seating available and terrific food by the FFA chapter. We simply met there a few mornings at 9AM on certain set days and had a blast. I am up for either or both locations. Let's set it up!!

VentureFar will be at Sturgis this year. Arv Sunday August 2. I care for amenities so I will be camping either at creekside or vanocker campground. Make sure your cell phone number is up to date on your profile.

I am leaving Wednesday. To head back to Ca.

Fyi if anyone is coming from the west no am leaving Los Angeles early Saturday morning. 864 miles to rock springs wy.

Motel there. Then Sturgis 450 miles Sunday early afternoon. Leaving by way of rawlins wy wed night.

VentureFar...

Puc, glad to see you haven't forgot about the Blue Line Diner in Newell. Don't forget about Spur Creek Saloon another 7 miles north of Newell. Log cabin bar on a cattle ranch sounds like a good place to stop for a coke doesn't it........All in all you will only be 30 miles north of Sturgis when you are there. Just remember to rev your bike when you go by Iron Horse Campground. That way I know its you going by........:)

I'm going out whether my ankle is ready or not.....I'm going out on july 30th I think (Thursday before 1st weekend). Staying at Iron Horse Campground. Hope I'm not too gimpy.

Just curious- why the iron horse?

shade? Location? Sights around dusk?

thanks

venturefar...

I know the owner. Good guy, runs a nice campground. Keeps the bathrooms/ showers clean. There are several people from my area that camp there. You can get good food there, and its not terribly over priced compared to other places. Most of all, you can have fun AND get some sleep. They have live bands although not big name and you can buy a beer if you want. Biggest drawback is no shade. Location is good too. Da Bus makes a stop there as well. Saves you a DUI if you want to go party in town etc.. I think this will be year number 7 there for me.

I know the owner. Good guy, runs a nice campground. Keeps the bathrooms/ showers clean. There are several people from my area that camp there. You can get good food there, and its not terribly over priced compared to other places. Most of all, you can have fun AND get some sleep. They have live bands although not big name and you can buy a beer if you want. Biggest drawback is no shade. Location is good too. Da Bus makes a stop there as well. Saves you a DUI if you want to go party in town etc.. I think this will be year number 7 there for me.

Thanks for the info.

I am going to TRY to get a spot at vanocker campground just south of town. It is so close I feel can avoid the stop and go on lazelle coming in and out from that direction. From vanocker there is a back way to Main Street. If that doesn't work out look for a royal star midnight lumbering into the iron horse around 7pm sunday.

VentureFar...

Puc, glad to see you haven't forgot about the Blue Line Diner in Newell. Don't forget about Spur Creek Saloon another 7 miles north of Newell. Log cabin bar on a cattle ranch sounds like a good place to stop for a coke doesn't it........All in all you will only be 30 miles north of Sturgis when you are there. Just remember to rev your bike when you go by Iron Horse Campground. That way I know its you going by........:)

Hey BJ = COOL!! Building on your information about the Diner in Newell - got another idea:lightbulb:. I know at least one of our gang is an official Iron Butt Rider, I wont mention any names cause I dont know for sure if he is also a pie eater (are you a pie eater @VentureFar) ? Anyway BJ, it would be fun to have an official, 1st annual, BJ's Pie Butt Ride from Sturgis to that Blue Line Diner in Newell. Due to my expert ability with directions and my built in internal compass, if the participants wanted me to I would be more than willing to lead them across South Dakota to that great pie in the sky event, I am very good with directions and all that. Taking some known short cuts that I know, it shouldn't take us more than a few hours to find the place OR,, we could hook up with you and you could lead us (by bike, by car, by truck or by boat) to, THE PIE:fatsmiley:!!! With a little coaxing and a small amount of reverse psychology (if that doesnt work, a hug from Tippy and one of her pretty little "ohhh come on you guys - it will be fun" smiles always seems to do the job).. I am pretty certain either I can talk Venturefar into doing this or he can talk me into it (thats the reverse psychology part) .. Now the rest of these fine folks who I am hoping to meet out there:fingers-crossed-emo, not sure but I kind of take them as a bunch of pie eating lop eared varmints anyway who, now that you have posted this, hopefully dont eat all the pie before we get there:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Sure hope those 1 million plus Harley Riders know what they are in for!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

THANKS FOR THE FOLLOW UP BERNIE!!:thumbsup:

How about we all meet for dinner at 6pm ( open till 9pm) at the blue line diner on Monday night?

212 highway East

newell ad 57760

fyi they bake the pies on site but don't make them.

Anybody subscribed or lurking if you can make dinner Monday night chime in.

VentureFar...pie eater ( hope everyone reading this takes that in context!)

Hey BJ = COOL!! Building on your information about the Diner in Newell - got another idea:lightbulb:. I know at least one of our gang is an official Iron Butt Rider, I wont mention any names cause I dont know for sure if he is also a pie eater (are you a pie eater @VentureFar) ? Anyway BJ, it would be fun to have an official, 1st annual, BJ's Pie Butt Ride from Sturgis to that Blue Line Diner in Newell. Due to my expert ability with directions and my built in internal compass, if the participants wanted me to I would be more than willing to lead them across South Dakota to that great pie in the sky event, I am very good with directions and all that. Taking some known short cuts that I know, it shouldn't take us more than a few hours to find the place OR,, we could hook up with you and you could lead us (by bike, by car, by truck or by boat) to, THE PIE:fatsmiley:!!! With a little coaxing and a small amount of reverse psychology (if that doesnt work, a hug from Tippy and one of her pretty little "ohhh come on you guys - it will be fun" smiles always seems to do the job).. I am pretty certain either I can talk Venturefar into doing this or he can talk me into it (thats the reverse psychology part) .. Now the rest of these fine folks who I am hoping to meet out there:fingers-crossed-emo, not sure but I kind of take them as a bunch of pie eating lop eared varmints anyway who, now that you have posted this, hopefully dont eat all the pie before we get there:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Sure hope those 1 million plus Harley Riders know what they are in for!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

THANKS FOR THE FOLLOW UP BERNIE!!:thumbsup:

How about we all meet for dinner at 6pm ( open till 9pm) at the blue line diner on Monday night?

212 highway East

newell ad 57760

fyi they bake the pies on site but don't make them.

Anybody subscribed or lurking if you can make dinner Monday night chime in.

VentureFar...pie eater :big-grin-emoticon: ( hope everyone reading this takes that in context!)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

VentureFar... pie eater,, I think I will try and get there earlier in the day to make sure I get a piece of pie:stickinouttounge:

By the way, THANKS for reminding me of the official dates for the rally Neil :big-grin-emoticon:,, 3rd thru the 9th,, got it Neil,, 3rd thru the 9th,, leave on the 1st,, got it!!!! Also, on my way to post our cell number in my profile my friend - if it weren't for really good friends like yourself ol Puc would probably be caught in some obscure CTFW mode in SD with no phone to be able to call out or in by. Your a keeper ya lop eared varmint!!

Meet up at the pie place, 6 p.m., Monday,, sounds PERFECT!! :clap2:

I am still planning on being at the Yamaha Shop at 1 p.m. each day I am available (not lost somewhere out west), Tweeks knows her way to that spot - she likes the smell of her kind.. :Bunny:

Puc

I will meet and Tip for sure at 1pm Monday at the yam shop. I won't necessarily eat Burger King cuisine but I will take that hug from both of you- showered or not...probably not...

Sounds AWESOME VF!!:clap2:

We are looking forward to seeing you again my friend!:dancefool:

Hope you have a GREAT, safe ride up from California!! How you coming up Neil? You gonna ride Death Valley and up thru Vegas/Salt Lake?

Just curious how many on here plan to make the trek to Sturgis this year? Taking son and would love to meet up with other VR members somewhere out there. Perhaps get a ride in together.

Hey Mike,, is your son on his own bike or is he younger and riding two up with you? I did Sturgis for many years with my young children and HAD A BLAST - LOTS OF GREART MEMORIES!! Tip and I are really looking forward to meeting you two!! THIS SHOULD BE A BLAST! :big-grin-emoticon:

THANK YOU :thumbsup: for starting this thread @Mikealiasmike!!

Monday at the Blue Line Diner for pie sounds like fun. I might be able to make that work! Bummer that the pies aren't made on site, but neither is the ice cream and I don't hold that against them. :)....heck we could make the quick trip up to Spur Creek Saloon afterwards.

Monday at the Blue Line Diner for pie sounds like fun. I might be able to make that work! Bummer that the pies aren't made on site, but neither is the ice cream and I don't hold that against them. :)....heck we could make the quick trip up to Spur Creek Saloon afterwards.

Spur Creek Saloon website looks like they have a whole lot of fun!