Sturgis 2015

Mikealiasmike

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Puc, didyou take any pics at the Blue Line or just vids? If you took any pics, I'd love to see them! It was a blast meeting everyone!!!!

I bet the Blue Line will have pie next year too........

Wassup Beej!!!

Most of what I shot was in video,, I LOVE doing em cause they tend to be more personal BUT,, let me dig thru this stuff cause I know I did take a couple pics outdoors... Gotta pull the card from the camera and see what I got... Back in a bit..

Here are the pics I got, only got a couple.. Did get some AWESOME video though - I will upload em to youtube and post a couple of the Blue Liners up BJ.. I have hopes of doing another 2015 summer ride story this winter which will include these shots but because you asked BJ,, here are the only actual Blue Line Diner pictures I have.. WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAS BROTHER!!!!!!

DSCN1391.JPG

DSCN1387.JPG

DSCN1386.JPG

DSCN1384.JPG

DSCN1379.JPG

DSCN1373.JPG

I have pics but the internet is down at my house. I will post them from work here tomorrow. It was great to see you all. I have been posting off and on here since day one but this is the first time I was ever face to face with any of you.

AWESOME PEG!!:thumbsup: Cant wait to see them!! :big-grin-emoticon:

It was a PLEASURE making your aquaintance my friend! Hopefully the rest of us Pie Butt Riders didnt leave you with a distaste for getting out and meeting more of the VR members in the future.. Can tell you from personal experience that 96.83% of the members that hopefully you will meet in the future will be charming, lovable, courteous, kind and straight shooters - just like the bunch of lop eared varmints at the Blue Line Diner who had pie on their faces..

Tweeks says THANKS for scratching her back with the marker (picture number 6 above)!!!! I also think I have the "NSD" figured out my friend - maybe stands for Newell South Dakota??

While we are waiting for your pics, here is another video story of the day!!

AWESOME PEG!!:thumbsup: Cant wait to see them!! :big-grin-emoticon:

It was a PLEASURE making your aquaintance my friend! Hopefully the rest of us Pie Butt Riders didnt leave you with a distaste for getting out and meeting more of the VR members in the future.. Can tell you from personal experience that 96.83% of the members that hopefully you will meet in the future will be charming, lovable, courteous, kind and straight shooters - just like the bunch of lop eared varmints at the Blue Line Diner who had pie on their faces..

Tweeks says THANKS for scratching her back with the marker (picture number 6 above)!!!! I also think I have the "NSD" figured out my friend - maybe stands for Newell South Dakota??

While we are waiting for your pics, here is another video story of the day!!

Looks like I better lay off the Pie. Or maybe your camera just adds another 40 or 50 pounds.........:)

Doug Kellar was one of my customers. We serviced his bike for the trip to Sturgis literally as he was leaving town.

Douglas Kellar, 56 of Adams, N.Y., tried to avoid a car turning in front of him onto Sturgis Road. He was thrown from his bike and hit the car. Margaret Rand, 65 of Parker, S.D., was cited for failure to yield.

The 12th death was about 9 p.m. on SD 244, five miles west of Mount Rushmore.

See ya next time Doug.

Very sad to see this, and I am actually surprised there wasn't more of this type of stuff. There was so much traffic and congestion out there it was unbelievable. I was out there 9 days and rode less than normal by far. When going places we took the truck, taking lots of gravel to avoid traffic problems. Out of pocket cash was also less spent while there. Went to grocery store and bought a lot more stuff cooking at the campground.

My good friend went out weds the 30th of July. He came home on Tuesday morning the 4th. He rides nonstop while out there, and he had enough. On Monday the 3rd traffic was backed up 5 miles out of Keystone (think Mnt Rushmore) and was stop and go from there.

I feel bad for all the people who had accidents out there, and I feel bad for the lady that pulled out in front of Mr. Kellar. With those conditions out there I can certainly see how it could happen. I'm sure she is devastated as well. Parker SD is on the east side of the state, and I'm sure she was out on vacation too. Lots of stuff going on on unfamiliar roads for her too.

At one point while riding I met bikes packed together for 45 miles straight in a 65 mph zone. If just one bike would've had trouble, I couldn't imagine the outcome.......

I haven't heard final attendance total, but 700,000 or so makes for a crowded Rally. Last I heard 1.3 million were there........

My deepest and utmost heartfelt condolences go out to Mr. Kellar's family and friends. Prayers Up and Blessings Down for all involved!! The same for those familys affected by the other fatalities and injuries sustained as a result of the chaos that happens when over a million people descend on such a small geographic area..

I echo exactly what BJ just posted!! This years Rally was unbelievable!! In all my years of attending the rally I have NEVER seen anything like this one!

Tip and I can attest to the Keystone/Rushmore traffic back up that Bernie is talking about. I have a short video of exactly that location and the lines of traffic waiting to get into Keystone - IT WAS AMAZING:scared:!!!

BJ - as promised, here is the last of the video I have of us Venturerider.org Pie Butt 26.2 riders at the Blue Line Diner.. Brother,, we really really need to make this an annual event!! What a refreshing break this was from the crazy madness happening right out side - even up in Newell :big-grin-emoticon:

Game on for next year! Only change is we need to meet earlier. The short trip up to Spur Creek Saloon is well worth it. Maybe a 4 O'Clock meet at Spur Creek, then the quick trip back to Blue Line for supper, pie, and ice cream! Sounds like a winner to me!

Game on for next year! Only change is we need to meet earlier. The short trip up to Spur Creek Saloon is well worth it. Maybe a 4 O'Clock meet at Spur Creek, then the quick trip back to Blue Line for supper, pie, and ice cream! Sounds like a winner to me!

:lightbulb:OR,, get permission from those Blue Liner's to pop a tent in their parking lot (almost needed to anyway - it was well after 10 p.m. before @VentureFar, Steve and Tippy stopped yakking :Im not listening to about what a great time they all had (I sat tight lipped on the curb waiting for them:big-grin-emoticon:).. Besides - Pie with Breakfast - Pie with Lunch - Pie with Dinner and pie for a late night snack would be AWESOME!!!

Yep,, definitely earlier BJ!!:thumbsup:

Yep just like PUC said- he was just sitting on the curb waiting for the yackers to get done yacking....

VentureFar...

Silence coming from the curb in the darkness........he was proboby just thinking about another piece of pie........