IGNORED

Sturgis 2015

Mikealiasmike

I'm starting to get anxious! If things work out I may head out next Wednesday. I go through Newell on the way so I may have to have some blueberry pie on the way out. If I stop, I'll warn them that several of us will be stopping by on the 3rd for more pie!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just was skimming through the thread, and it looks as though there should be about 10 or 12 of us counting the 5 that are in Phoneman group. I think one of my buddies is coming over from Spearfish on his wing also. Typical farmer, wears his pliers on his belt holster wherever he goes.......going to be quite the group!!!!

How many are coming in each group? It would be nice to give them a heads up at the Blue Line. Not expecting them to reserve us a spot or anything. Just don't want them to run out of pie ;). I always stop there for lunch on way out so I will give them a heads up. I leave about 6:30 a.m. and it works good. Usually at campground and set up by 2 in afternoon. If anybody wants to stop by the iron horse campground, I probly could find you something to drink. Not much of a drinker, but I'm sure I'd have a Mikes Hard Lemonade in cooler. If you stop to visit, at the gate they will require you to leave 20 bucks or something like that. When you leave they will give it back. Keeps people from staying over for free.

How many are coming in each group? It would be nice to give them a heads up at the Blue Line. Not expecting them to reserve us a spot or anything. Just don't want them to run out of pie ;). I always stop there for lunch on way out so I will give them a heads up. I leave about 6:30 a.m. and it works good. Usually at campground and set up by 2 in afternoon. If anybody wants to stop by the iron horse campground, I probly could find you something to drink. Not much of a drinker, but I'm sure I'd have a Mikes Hard Lemonade in cooler. If you stop to visit, at the gate they will require you to leave 20 bucks or something like that. When you leave they will give it back. Keeps people from staying over for free.

Tip and Puc will be doing the Pie Butt 26.2, there is 2 confirmed for your count BJ. :thumbsup:

As far as leaving 20 bucks at the gate and getting it back on the way out,,, WOW,, thats a first!! Must be just far enough from the Rally that they are still operating under "normal" South Dakota code of ethics or something.. I know the Rally folks normally operate under the pirate code of "take what cha can, give nothing back" policy :big-grin-emoticon:

Cant wait to meet you BJ (and others)!

ANYONE reading this who has never been to a Sturgis Rally and always wanted to go - DO THIS ONE!! Being the 75th it promises to be a real hummmm dinger:thumbsup:

VentureFar is confirmed for dinner and pie. I'll be hungry around 6 pm.

Old folks like Puc probably ate around 4pm during the blue light special but U.S. Youngin's don't eat they early.

VentureFar..

SPEAK TO THE PATCH BROTHER,, SPEAK TO THE PATCH!! :rasberry:

DSCN5314.JPG

Puc, I think one of the main reasons they do it, is that they noticed several people coming in and using the showers etc. that don't stay there. Iron Horse has to haul all their water into the campsite. That in itself is a full time job. It comes from city of Sturgis and I'm sure owner pays for water. So it is a way to keep people honest. You get your money back when you leave. After awhile when you use the honor system and get taken advantage of, you go to plan B. The owner is a good guy and he's fair, I trust my farm crops to him. He is my agronomist. Some people wreck it for the others I guess.

Puc, I think one of the main reasons they do it, is that they noticed several people coming in and using the showers etc. that don't stay there. Iron Horse has to haul all their water into the campsite. That in itself is a full time job. It comes from city of Sturgis and I'm sure owner pays for water. So it is a way to keep people honest. You get your money back when you leave. After awhile when you use the honor system and get taken advantage of, you go to plan B. The owner is a good guy and he's fair, I trust my farm crops to him. He is my agronomist. Some people wreck it for the others I guess.

I can TOTALLY understand that BJ.. Obviously your Argonomist has a got a really good head on his shoulders. Kind of like Freebird and what he has done for this place we all call home. It is amazing how just having to put a tiny little bit of skin in the game creates a better experience for all those who are willing to do so. Whether it is intended to work that way or not, it seems like it always works out that way.

Also, concerning the water situation, years ago I was out Cow Towning in S.D. and noticed a big tanker truck attached to big overhanging hose thing with a sign next to it - so much $$ to refill your tank.. Got talking with one of the local town folk who turned out to be the Mayor of the town. Come to find out, the truck tank was that South Dakota's really neat little cow town's water supply. I was telling him how odd that was to see after coming from living on the shores of Lake Michigan. I can only imagine what could happen if someone, like your farmer friend, wasnt watching out for his own best interest - especially with thousands of people from all over the planet descending on SD. I DONT BLAME HIM ONE LITTLE TINY LITTLE BIT BERNIE!!!!

I will say this my friend, I have met some of the most AWESOME people EVER out in your State! MY KIND OF FOLKS!!:thumbsup:

Welcome VentureRiders to So. Dak. I'm heading West to Sturgis on Monday. You Varmints [ Puc's words I believe ] that are coming from the East, consider Jumpen on US Hwy 14 at Rochester, MN. Shoot across Minnesota Farm Country , more calm than the Super Slab [ I-90 ]. When you hit SD , 20 miles in is my Hangout. Brookings, SD. Haller on My Cell , can stop have a brake at My Cycle Shop / Man Cave. Got 4 Yama's, 3 Harleys and a 67 Bezzer T- Bolt. Have a Soda or Barley. Talk Smart for A bit , share Stories ETC. Fridays My 50th Anniversary with 1st Wife [ guess only one ] . I'll be around though , except later PM. Sat & Sun as well Except 8 to 11 on Sun at Church. Will Try make the Pie-Butt At Newel.

Ride Safe ! ! Lookout for the Other Guy

Hoss

Welcome VentureRiders to So. Dak. I'm heading West to Sturgis on Monday. You Varmints [ Puc's words I believe ] that are coming from the East, consider Jumpen on US Hwy 14 at Rochester, MN. Shoot across Minnesota Farm Country , more calm than the Super Slab [ I-90 ]. When you hit SD , 20 miles in is my Hangout. Brookings, SD. Haller on My Cell , can stop have a brake at My Cycle Shop / Man Cave. Got 4 Yama's, 3 Harleys and a 67 Bezzer T- Bolt. Have a Soda or Barley. Talk Smart for A bit , share Stories ETC. Fridays My 50th Anniversary with 1st Wife [ guess only one ] . I'll be around though , except later PM. Sat & Sun as well Except 8 to 11 on Sun at Church. Will Try make the Pie-Butt At Newel.

Ride Safe ! ! Lookout for the Other Guy

Hoss

AWESOME INVITE HOSS :dancefool:

Thanks a gazillion my friend! If Tip and I dont get caught up CTFW in those GORGEOUS South Dakota prairie breezes of yours (WE LOVE South Dakota non ick-spressway riding) we may very well stop in for a quick howdy!! Either way, THANK YOU for the shout out and we look forward to at least meeting you at the end of the first EVER - Pie Butt 26.2 ride!!!

By the way,, just wrote your phone number down on my list,,, *1967* sure inspired some great memories!!! Had a 67 Cougar back in the day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, see how easy it is for me to get side tracked :Bunny:

THANKS HOSS:thumbsup:

Puc

Oh my goodness,, I almost missed the most important part of this reply!!

HAPPY 5OTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR LOVELY BRIDE!!!!!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886

Monday night dinner is really taking on a life of its own! Will be great to meet so many new friends.

Ride safe.

VentureFar...

Got that right baldy (:stickpoke:),,, sitting here writing down phone numbers - looks like an AWESOME possible group of varmints dont it brother!!! :guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

I am more excited about riding the Pie Butt and seeing everybody than I am about the Rally :rotf:,,, almost more exited than even eating the Pie,,, well, almost:think:

We rode to Hewlett Wyoming this morning. Basically coming in from south via Deadwood then Sundance Wyoming. Most people come from north through Belle Fourche SD and Aladdin Wyoming. The bike coming from north was unbelievable. Literally solid bikes for almost 40 miles. The bikes were sitting on hwy 212 backed up for 3 miles waiting to get into Stonehouse bar. I've never seen anything like it. Can't imagine what Hewlett looked like this afternoon. What a zoo. Going basically in reverse, our traffic wasn't too bad. I wish I had a go pro. Literally couldn't pass a vehicle even if you wanted to in 40 miles. Solid bikes.....

The pie was GREAT. Just out of the oven Peach. Nice pile of ice cream on top melting just right. Those that didn't make it, so sorry and those that did. enjoyed the visit a lot! I'm back home now/ Safe and sound. As for that Owl guy, perhaps next time he can unload his bike from the trailer and join us!