IGNORED

Tommorow is the big day....

Flyinfool

Jeff, Glad all seems to have happend well enough for you to come home. I hope you see as quickly as I did that it at least helped if not fixed what was happening. 154 is a scary number when your standing there sucking wind thinking all kinds of bad thoughts.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and I can't wait to hear from you in a few days as to how it is progressing.

Adrian

Edited by TDunc

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I managed to wake up again today. Was an interesting night. One of the entry holes to the femoral artery opened up last night. Called the hospital to see what to do. They just said to lay still on my back and hold constant pressure on it. So Erika and I took turns holding me together last night for a couple hours. We were both exhausted once we got the bleeder stopped.

She woke up quite a few times during the night to make sure I was not bleeding out. The leak seems to be all plugged up again now and everything back on track. Boy is this ugly, a lot of the bleed was internal, lots of colors down there now.

Starting to wish I had gotten some of the good drugs to bring home. I feel like I got run over by a bus.

Dan

All 3 cars they tried to pawn off on us were worse than our beater.

First they brought up a silver Honda Pilot with the side caved in.

told them this ain't a Chevy.

then they brought up a silver Chevy Cruise.

Had to splain we had a silver Chevy Malibu.

third time they finally got the right car. But I was not physically ready for the 20 minutes of standing in the sun with the heat and humidity.

Hmmmmm.....

Now that I am typing this I am wondering if this contributed to my bleeder........

Edited by Flyinfool

FINALLY, a nice quiet uneventful night. Last night was the first night that I slept all night with no wake ups for anything. Even my bladder cooperated. Dang did that feel good. Hopping for an equally uneventful day today, with some quality nap time.

But It still did not take more than two steps to remember that I still feel like I got run over by a bus. But at least now it feels like it was a short bus. More drugs.........

Mama, You know that I am always good, and when I am bad I can be really good........

Still getting better every day.

I am actually at work right now, I can already see that I will not last the whole day and will be headed home soon.

I did get grief from some coworkers, today was the first time in 15 years they ever saw me get in the old man box (elevator).....:backinmyday:

Mama, You know that I am always good, and when I am bad I can be really good........

Still getting better every day.

I am actually at work right now, I can already see that I will not last the whole day and will be headed home soon.

I did get grief from some coworkers, today was the first time in 15 years they ever saw me get in the old man box (elevator).....:backinmyday:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:lightbulb:JUST REMEMBER HOW NICE WE HAVE BEEN TO YOU JEFF WHEN ITS TIME TO PLAY WITH THAT :snow2: MAKING APPARATUS THIS FALL!!:fingers-crossed-emo:big-grin-emoticon:

Cow "ulterior motive" Puc

How's the heart feeling,are you taking any heart meds ,any palpitations, I ask because I have afib and I would sure like to see it gone someday I get a lot of days I feel like crap.

Arthur

3 of them and none were better than yours??? About that 500 bucks you borrowed while you were in recovery buddy. I'm sure we can work something out...:innocent-emoticon:

I'm sure we can work something out, you will have to come here to collect......:rasberry:

Thank God the physicians are more proficient than Valet Parking!

Enjoy the ice cream and have a quick recovery, so you can help fix that bus that ran over you.

It was my goal to run them out of ice cream....... I got close

FIX the bus???? I want to blow it up.......

AWESOME!!! THANK YOU Jeff for the update!! Was wondering what was taking so long, I was getting really concerned that it had something to do with me paying them doctors a little extra to wipe the Wisconsin White Wash Machine from your memory banks..

Seriously though, it sounds like they really put you thru their version of a Wringer Wash Machine... Prayers Up and Blessing Down for EVERYTHING they did to have a perfect affect and that you are around here, and healthy, for many many more great years/times together with us!!! :thumbsup::fingers-crossed-emo

When it comes to paying they sure dont waste time, got the first bills already. As far as what you paid them for the memory wipe, It must have not been nearly enough, They took it as an insult, and now I have a lot of great new and better ideas to try out....

Jeff, glad to hear you made it off the table and back home. Heal well and quickly.

Do you need someone to come by and keep the gas fresh in your bike? :7_6_3[1]:

RR

The bike might actually need that.......

How's the heart feeling,are you taking any heart meds ,any palpitations, I ask because I have afib and I would sure like to see it gone someday I get a lot of days I feel like crap.

Arthur

I have learned that there are a lot of different kinds and degrees of Afib.

With what I have/had I am in Afib 100% of the time there are no good or bad days, they are all the same. I have been taking drugs since my Afib was discovered, with the drugs I was down to just a few bad days a month. The goal of this surgery for my case is to get me to just a couple bad days a month but without the drugs, and complete control with some drugs. Most people that I have talked to that had some Afib were able to get to just a couple bad days per year with a procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

Just figured I toss in an update.

We are in the wait and see part.

I hate waiting for anything.

Had one more episode of bleeding, back on July 1, from where I shouldn't be leaking, was enough that I went to the ER to get it fixed, Good thing I did cuz I would not have stopped this one at home. I lost enough blood that it soaked all of the way through my pillow and down to the mattress all while I was sleeping. I did not realize that I was covered in blood when I walked into the ER, One look at me and they sure went into scramble mode.

They gave me drugs to stop the bleeding and then adjusted my daily drugs and I have had no bleeders since. I guess heavy doses of 2 different blood thinners was more than my old dried out seals could handle.

I am starting to show some signs of getting stamina back. The last 2 days I was able to make it to the top of the 54 stairs between where I park my truck and my desk. I was exhausted when I got up here, and it was a slow climb, but at least I made it.

This week I have been able to put in 8 hour days. I think that is a good thing......:confused24:

I go back to see the doc for some tests at the end of this month, on the 28th. This will be the first insight into seeing if this whole thing did any good or not. He will then make more adjustments to my meds with the goal of getting off of all the expensive prescription stuff and just be left taking aspirin forever. My goal is to get off of the drug that is keeping me off of the bike. (My poor bike still has last years crap gas in it.)

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the heart doc today for my first checkup since the ablation.

He said I ain't dead yet.

He said that it looks petty good and has started to reduce the meds. It will be a very long procedure to get off of all of them, as in potential years. Of course the most expensive one will be the very last one to get off of, go figure.

So for the next year it will be a lot of hurry up and wait. I am not off of any of them yet, but I will see if the reduced dosage will let me back on the bike.

He did say that I can and should now start to increase my physical activities. That will help cuz I am sick of being a couch potato.