IGNORED

Keeping your ship afloat

FROG MAN

Economy forecasters are like weather men they seldom get it right.I know one thing keeping the family budget afloat is getting harder to do.These waves of recession are getting high and some say a depression is just off the port bow.Now some joker just said the stock market will hit 16000 by years end and it's smooth sailing.

My bills are still paid on time and I put more trust in my computers 100 day budget forecast then anything but prices just keep going up.My kids are having it worse with the oldest daughter fighting to stay in college with two mouths to feed and the future son-n-law currently between jobs.

We meet a man the other day who was building a new 4 bedroom log house for his wife. She left him and now he lives all alone. The house is almost finished but he lost his desire to complete it.He has chose to live life as a hermit. He has no electricity,running water,telephone,etc. He says he is debt free and just decided to live with no monthly bills. You might say he is permanently camped out along the river bank. Once in a while someone will stop by with some news of whats happening in the world. This brings a whole new meaning to still having room in the budget for a few more cuts.

Guest HdHtr

It is getting harder to make ends meet. Prices at the grocery store and the gas station keep spiraling upwards and without a corresponding increase in the income! I am hoping for it to level out, I have little expectation that the cost of living'll go down!

Guest HdHtr
We've become a cashless/credit based society living above our means. The bubble has burst, and the dominos are falling......

And what about the price of donuts Jack? Gone up much since last we got together in the office?

Guest HdHtr
Ha!! That's right... Forgot about those donuts. Miss the coffee and BS sessions.... :)

Let this be a lesson for you Jack ... never forget donuts ... or coffee!!

I think a lot of people is living beyond their means, they really need to get their priorities in order. As for the housing market, doesn't make a difference, my house isn't for sale and neither is the garage..... Just think how much we pay each month to have caller id, unlimited long distance, cell phones, pagers, computers, satellite radios, etc..... we survived without them for years.......:2cents:

I can't wait to retire!:cool10:

Economy forecasters are like weather men they seldom get it right.I know one thing keeping the family budget afloat is getting harder to do.These waves of recession are getting high and some say a depression is just off the port bow.Now some joker just said the stock market will hit 16000 by years end and it's smooth sailing.

My bills are still paid on time and I put more trust in my computers 100 day budget forecast then anything but prices just keep going up.My kids are having it worse with the oldest daughter fighting to stay in college with two mouths to feed and the future son-n-law currently between jobs.

We meet a man the other day who was building a new 4 bedroom log house for his wife. She left him and now he lives all alone. The house is almost finished but he lost his desire to complete it.He has chose to live life as a hermit. He has no electricity,running water,telephone,etc. He says he is debt free and just decided to live with no monthly bills. You might say he is permanently camped out along the river bank. Once in a while someone will stop by with some news of whats happening in the world. This brings a whole new meaning to still having room in the budget for a few more cuts.

Looks good to me except I would have to keep riding!:cool10:

Guest wrench

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. The wife and I sat down to pay some bills tonite and it's kinda sad to see where the money goes. I went to the grocery tonite and we were looking over the receipt and talking about how several of the "staples" have gone up over the past little bit. It's mostly only a few cents here and there, but it all adds up after a while. I'm trying to get a plan set for retirement, 4 years from today to be exact, and I sure do wish things would at least level out and settle down.

Ya, this really bite! I've been out of work since October of 06 because I wrecked me knees at work. The workman's comp insurance company isn't taking care of their obligations. So my better half has had to put in alot of overtime to keep the bills paid. The prices of everything has gone up on everything and she can't get much, (if any) overtime these days, so we'll be lucky to not get evicted and have our utilities cut off this summer. Luckily I'm getting some help from the DVR for vocational retraining. We don't know how much longer we can last waiting for the insurance company to take care of their responsibilities. Lawyer says it could be a year just to get a court date. I've been working on disability for over a year and that lawyer says it could take another 2 to get my day in court for that. Meanwhile with all the overtime my other half was putting in has made us ineligible for any kind of help from anybody else. Anybody have any ideas?:(

:080402gudl_prv:

I know what you mean Frog Man. My wife is having to work more and more overtime to keep me in riding money. If things dont lighten up soon she will have to get a second full time job.:innocent:

Ride Safe

:080402gudl_prv: Good Luck with that...let me know how that turns out for you !!!!:rotf:

I got off the credit card train in 01, too much to pay off. Did the chapter 13 thing, cleared up my debts, now if I don't have the cash I don't get it. If I need the cash, I go do another side job. That's how I finance my playtoys, the kids' sports ( u know how much that can cost!) and the other fun stuff. Good plain, hard work, just like my Dad taughtme, and it only took another 30 years to sink in!!!!!

Dan

I think a lot of people is living beyond their means, they really need to get their priorities in order. As for the housing market, doesn't make a difference, my house isn't for sale and neither is the garage..... Just think how much we pay each month to have caller id, unlimited long distance, cell phones, pagers, computers, satellite radios, etc..... we survived without them for years.......:2cents:

I can't wait to retire!:cool10:

I agree! I think off all the cost for me to go to work:headache: shop lease phone cell phone company insurance and a turcks insurance Gas to go to job locations light trash material costs:confused24: I think alot about quiting and looking for a job at home depot or somthing whrere i could take my bike to work park it untill quiting time

:rain2:

i live out of "hip pocket national bank"!

if it ain't there, then i do without, until i can swing it.

sometimes, it gets really thin, when there's "too much month at the end of the money".

doesn't look like it's going to get any easier, either!

i STILL intend to QUIT working, at the end of September!

my have to change my last name, but i am tired of working for the man!

just jt