IGNORED

Removing the CB, Six disc CD Player, and the Handle bar controller?

I haven't decided if I'm gonna do this or not. But, I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove the CB, six disc player, antennas, and the handle bar controller off my RSV? I bought a Sena Blue Tooth headset and really don't need that stuff on there. The six disc player takes up way to much space in my saddle bag and the handle bar controller is just ugly and needs to go. Does anyone make covers that replace the speakers on the bike? I would like to remove them also. I just want to clean up the bike, plus this stuff isn't being used.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna do this or not. But, I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove the CB, six disc player, antennas, and the handle bar controller off my RSV? I bought a Sena Blue Tooth headset and really don't need that stuff on there. The six disc player takes up way to much space in my saddle bag and the handle bar controller is just ugly and needs to go. Does anyone make covers that replace the speakers on the bike? I would like to remove them also. I just want to clean up the bike, plus this stuff isn't being used.

I would be intersted in buying the stuff if you take it off. Let me know Rick 3*09-2*64-5*606

The cd player was an optional add on. You can just unplug it and leave the cable there or completely remove it by splitting the fairing and unplugging it. As for the holes, if you are lucky whoever did the install drilled some standard size holes and you should be able to just pick up some rubber plugs at an automotive parts store or even most hardware stores. Same thing with the handlebar controls. They simply plug into a socket inside the fairing. Just unplug it and it will come right off. The CB is actually located under the tour pack and again. The cable runs from it to again, inside the fairing and simply plugs in. All of what you want to do is very simple.

I don't know of any available replacement covers for the speaker grills. The way they are made though, I think it would be fairly easy to fill the slots with some type of liquid plastic and then sand them smooth and repaint them.

If Rick doesn't want the CD player..I'm interested in it. Would probably need the 13 pin (?) cable that runs from fairing to saddlebag as well. If it is run separately from main harness. I have a ton of CD's in my music library...

Regardless....I agree the speaker holes would be easy to fill in...or a bit harder...cut out, build a box and use for sun glass storage, etc.. The tape deck and amp would be easy as well...just unbolt. Some of the wiring harness may have to stay...like the CD or CB...if they combine with main harness. May be separate...haven't looked.

CB pops out. Hmm...I think you could easily get everything off..including the antennas and mounts. Just try to get as much wiring as possible.

Interesting idea...with blue tooth you can do everything you currently have except maybe CB...and do so on your helmet wirelessly!

david

My CD player has been out for a year now. For the same reason, I needed the space last year when we took the bike on vaction. It just eats up a ton of space in there. When solo I have run the CD player and its nic. But with pandora on my phone I can listen for hours and not hear the same song. Have been thinking about investigating the i-pod thing off and on. Just dont know if I can make myself drink the apple cool aide

Last Night I took sometime to work on the bike. I took off the tour pack and removed the CB and the antennas. It looks so much better after taking the antennas off. Really cleans up the aft end of the bike. Tonight I may remove the CD player and the remote controller.

I'm leaving the wiring that runs forward and aft on the bike. That way if I ever sell it, the individual who buys it may want to re-install everything. My wife thinks I'm crazy and is afraid it will hurt the resale, but really, I enjoy this bike so much that by the time I resale it it will have too many miles to get anything out of it anyway.

I may sell the components and use the money to add additional lights to rear, maybe a strotoliner front wheel(If I can find a chrome one) and get a custom paint job. Its gonna be fun!!

Had sometime to work on the bike tonight. So I removed the CD player and bracket. That was pretty easy. I just ran the mounting bolt back in and zip tied the cord out of the way. The extra room is going to be nice on trips. Next step is to split the fairing and remove the remote controller along with the rider 5 pin connector. I look forward to removing the connector and clips off the tank. I have a tank bag I like to use while traveling and those are in the way of using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Last night the wife was with her Mom at the mall, all kids were out and about, and the weather showed rain everywhere. So after dinner at my favorite restaurant(Rowdy's in Jackson Ohio, locally owned BBQ joint that I highly recommend) I went home and tore into my bike to remove the rest of the audio system. I mainly wanted to remove the handle bar remote controller, and the plug that sits on top of the gas tank(Why would Yamaha put that there?) Not only did this require splitting the fairing, but I also had to remove the drivers seat, gas tank, and handle bars! It was allot of work, but I got all the components removed including the Amp and I learned allot about my bike. I was also able to install an addition Powerlett connector so that my wife and I can both run our heated jacket liners this fall. Now I just need to remove those unsightly plug holders off the gas tank.

Guest divey

Looking forward to seeing pics of your project when it's done. I really like the looks of the Venture without the trunk and all. Doug

Looking forward to seeing pics of your project when it's done. I really like the looks of the Venture without the trunk and all. Doug

Doug, I only removed the audio and CB package. The bike is looks like a normal RSV other than the drivers 5 pin connector and the handle bar remote is removed. I have a blue tooth system and didn't need them, plus the 5 pin connector got in the way of a tank bag I like to use. Sam

Guest divey
I took off the tour pack and removed the CB and the antennas.

Thanks Sam. I had assumed (incorrectly) that you were leaving the tour pack off. Doug

I use the SENA also, and while splitting the fairing to clean up some wiring and install LED reflector at the front, I thought about chucking the audio system as well.

My buddy thinks I'm crazy, but I want to get rid of the audio controller and the aerials at the back.

Please post pics of the completed job, that might sway me to do it.

Bob

Thanks Sam. I had assumed (incorrectly) that you were leaving the tour pack off. Doug

I'm like you, I think they look great with the tour pack off. But my wife really likes riding with the tour pack, so it stays. In a few years, I'm hoping to move up to an Indian, Victory, or if Yamaha brings out a new RSV. If so, I may customize my RSV now and make it a bagger with a 6 inch windshield. Just for fun :-)

I use the SENA also, and while splitting the fairing to clean up some wiring and install LED reflector at the front, I thought about chucking the audio system as well.

My buddy thinks I'm crazy, but I want to get rid of the audio controller and the aerials at the back.

Please post pics of the completed job, that might sway me to do it.

Bob

Ok, I will. Taking the antennas off really cleaned the bike up. I've had several compliments since I did it. I'm hoping to remove the plug holders off the tank tonight. I had to get my heat gun back from one of my buddies. Sam