IGNORED

A couple of notes about Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

A reminder for those who have been here and some information for those of you coming the first time.

I have a catered lunch delivered on Saturday. There is no set charge and nobody stands there looking to see who contributes and who doesn't. There will be a donation can on the counter for those who wish to help with expenses. There are 110 people signed up at this time and some more "maybes". I always stand there stressing over whether or not I ordered enough food but there has always been plenty and even left overs for people to have seconds or a bite later in the day. I plan to order enough for 125 people and they usually bring more than enough.

We are going to Quaker Steak and Lube in Vermillion on Friday evening for those of you who are here already. Though MD is schedule for Saturday, a lot of people typically show up on Friday and a few even on Thursday afternoon and you are welcome to do so. We will leave from my house for Quaker Steak probably around 5:30 for those that want to ride together.

All other meals you are on your own. There will be coffee in the mornings but breakfast and etc. is up to you. There are several decent places close by for those of you who wish to go eat. I can give you simple directions when you are hear. May even join you.

There is BBQ grill on my back deck. It is a combination unit with gas on one side and charcoal on the other. You are more than welcome to use it. There is a Walmart a couple miles away and also a couple of grocery stores about 4 miles away. If you want to cook, you are more than welcome to.

There is a hot tube on the deck also. I just drained, cleaned and refilled it so it is ready for you use if you so choose. I just need to remind you that bathing suits are absolutely required for all men. Optional for women. :smile5:

We have again made arrangements to rent a porta pottie. We generally ask the men to use it and leave the inside restrooms available for all these finicky women folks.

Our house is open to you if you need to use the shower or whatever. Just bring your own towels please. If you DON'T bring your own towel, we will make sure you have one but it just makes it easier if you bring your own.

If you plan to do oil changes, brake fluid, etc., you need to bring your own fluids. If you don't want to bring them but would rather pick stuff up here, there are a couple of automotive parts stores within 2 - 4 miles. Also the Walmart.

In addition to the donation can for the food, we usually hold a 50/50 drawing if you are interested. Also usually some ticket sales for a few door prizes. Not sure what those will be yet but I'll come up with something.

Tickets for the trailer to be given away at the International Rally will also be available. $10.00 each or 3 for $25.00. You do NOT have to be present at the International Rally to win the trailer.

The few things that I have available for the Venturerider club will be available. Domed decals, small patches, flags, etc.

This is not about selling stuff. It's all to enjoy one another company and maybe get some minor work done on your bikes. Since selling my RSV, I don't have the things that I usually do but there are people bringing carb sync tools and there should be at least one RSV lift adapter here. If somebody has another and wants to bring another sync tool that would be fine.

I hope that we can keep the bike work to more simple things this year. Carb syncs, maybe break pads, oil changes, stuff like that. We have tackled some big project during MD a few times and it really ends up being a TON of work. That being said, if you have something that you need done we will try to get it done. Just remember, we are here to help one another. Please be prepared to get your hands dirty if you want your bike worked on. Folks are here to help, not do it all for you.

One last thing. Just TODAY they started laying new chip seal on highway 303 that is the road off 58 that comes to our street. Hopefully it will all be done but if not, I'll post a back way to come in so that you can avoid it.

I may be forgetting something. Those of you who have attended before are free to add to this list.

Thanks Don. I had something I might like to do this time. Remove the leveling links and drop the front about a inch. The leveling links are simple and I know I could do the front end but a little expert help and a extra set of hands might be helpful doing that???:think::think::mugshot:

I really wish Mike and I could go this year, we've look forward to seeing everyone we haven't met yet, but between my surgery, his Dad being ill, and a non running 1st gen, it's not in the plans. But we both agreed if there is a maintenance day next year we will be there unless unforeseen events keep us home. We hope everyone enjoys themselves celebrating my birthday.

Kat I'll have an extra rum ball for you on your BD.

I will bring my carbtune, and my electrical kit. Since I will be in the truck, if there is any tool or other gizmo anyone might want or need me to bring just let me know. If I can I will.

No I will not bring the lathe or the milling machines.......:rasberry:

Jeff can you come to GA on your way home to help Mike with his electrical issues? Replaced the solenoid, it still wont crank, there's an obvious short somewhere, but it has Mike beyond frustrated. I know, I had to try.....

Thanks Don. I had something I might like to do this time. Remove the leveling links and drop the front about a inch. The leveling links are simple and I know I could do the front end but a little expert help and a extra set of hands might be helpful doing that???:think::think::mugshot:

We can get that done if you have a Jack available.

As long as it is OK with Don, I will be bringing Clutch Kits, Fuse Box Kits, and assorted other items for display/sale/install. I usually have a pretty busy time at Don's Maint. Day, but love it. I will have my Carbtune as well. Installing S.S. Line Sets, and Rebuilding First Gen. MKI Carbs. will most definitely be beyond the scope of work I will be able to do on that weekend.

Earl

We can get that done if you have a Jack available.

I have a lift. Should have one adapter also.

As long as it is OK with Don, I will be bringing Clutch Kits, Fuse Box Kits, and assorted other items for display/sale/install. I usually have a pretty busy time at Don's Maint. Day, but love it. I will have my Carbtune as well. Installing S.S. Line Sets, and Rebuilding First Gen. MKI Carbs. will most definitely be beyond the scope of work I will be able to do on that weekend.

Earl

You are welcome to bring anything you want Earl.

Earl

Would you mind posting prices here?

This message is for Canada Don,

Here is a link to the items I offer in the Classifieds for the VR.ORG members. Pricing will be the same as in the Classifieds. The upside is if you purchase an item, it could very well wind up on your motorcycle before the weekend is over with!

Here's the link:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showcat.php?cat=500&ppuser=4738

If anyone has questions about any of the items I offer in the Classifieds, please feel free to contact me.

Earl