IGNORED

Buddy's New ride is home

buddy

Yes I know its not a Venture sorry But Peg is happy. That matters the most to me!!!!

We took it out ridding today and put on 150mi Peg's back did not hurt once. She said it rode better than the GL1500 and the 83 beast was too small for us - me really. Everybody that met Peg knows she is skinny so putting her in the Gold Wing seat made her look even smaller. Now if Yamaha had a seat & backrest like the Wing we would have bought it for sure. The Second Gen. has more leg room we Also like the body style too. But the Wing had more seating room. So we Give up one feature for another I guess you might say.

So if you see a Dark red metallic Gold Wing at the M&E or Rallies it will be US outcast...

Buddy

Yes I know its not a Venture sorry But Peg is happy. That matters the most to me!!!!

We took it out ridding today and put on 150mi Peg's back did not hurt once. She said it rode better than the GL1500 and the 83 beast was too small for us - me really. Everybody that met Peg knows she is skinny so putting her in the Gold Wing seat made her look even smaller. Now if Yamaha had a seat & backrest like the Wing we would have bought it for sure. The Second Gen. has more leg room we Also like the body style too. But the Wing had more seating room. So we Give up one feature for another I guess you might say.

So if you see a Dark red metallic Gold Wing at the M&E or Rallies it will be US outcast...

Buddy

Just wondering.. did you try a BMW LT also? My wife thought the Wing and the RSV were about the same for passenger comfort, but the LT was much better.. I just couldn't justify the price and having the closest dealer more than an hour away.

No sorry I didn't there's only two Touring bikes I like Venture & Gold Wing. And since I'll be keeping the bike for some time I figured I better get something I can live with and keep Peg happy on long long trips.. My first pick was Sencond Gen. black cherry but it didnt help Pegs back much so I went with Gold Wing dark red metallic. Sorry if I made anybody mad, but I like these too body styles.

buddy

Buddy you have that right you better keep peg happy first. That sure a nice looking bike what year is it? Cant wait to see it at the M&E. Looking forward to seeing you and peg. Ride Safe and Good Bless.

:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:

Buddy

As long as you and Momma are happy thats all that matters. That is a beautiful bike and you know better, we dont care what you ride as long as you stay here with us. If not we'll hunt you down like a dog and drag you back kicking and screaming!

Enjoy your new toy :banana:

Buddy you have that right you better keep peg happy first. That sure a nice looking bike what year is it? Cant wait to see it at the M&E. Looking forward to seeing you and peg. Ride Safe and Good Bless.

Sorry about that 2008 model right out of the crate with 153miles now. Had 0.4 on odometer when I test drove it today before signing the final paper. We miss you guys so don't be surprised when I give you two a big hug at the M&E...

You can't go wrong with a Goldwing. They're a great bike. I had an '03 previous to my RSV. My wife prefers the Wing for passenger comfort. I felt too cramped with not enough legroom. Like you, I find the RSV more comfortable, and as an added bonus, much easier to work on. You'll find out when you try to change your air filter. Since I do more touring with my 2 sons than the wife, I think I'll stick with the RSV. I love it. If I ever go back to a Wing, it'll probably be the 1500 model as I find them not quite as cramped. Not the power of the 1800, but still more than enough for me.

Guest JGorom

Awesome bike buddy...my wife and I feel the same way, she prefers the Wing's comfort for her and I prefer the Venture's. The new wings are really nice and the power from that 1800 motor will eat your tires if your not careful.

PS It can also snap your head back off the line as well!

Buddy a Friend of mine has a 1800 and let me ride it when I was trying to decide on big blue or wing. He had foot pegs on it and it let me put my legs out not bad. You are going to love that bike but what is more impotent is peg is going to love it, tell her not to fall asleep and fall off. HA HA.:rotf:

Beautiful bike!!! Be careful though i've heard of goldwing riders forgetting to put their feet down at stop lights and falling over!:whistling: After all they are like sitting in a lazyboy.:thumbsup2: I hope you have many miles of great riding. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Big Mike:15_8_211[1]:

You can't go wrong with a Goldwing. They're a great bike. I had an '03 previous to my RSV. My wife prefers the Wing for passenger comfort. I felt too cramped with not enough legroom. Like you, I find the RSV more comfortable, and as an added bonus, much easier to work on. You'll find out when you try to change your air filter. Since I do more touring with my 2 sons than the wife, I think I'll stick with the RSV. I love it. If I ever go back to a Wing, it'll probably be the 1500 model as I find them not quite as cramped. Not the power of the 1800, but still more than enough for me.

All three (RSV, Wing, and LT) are great bikes, I had a real hard time choosing. The RSV was more comfortable for me, and cheaper with a 5 year warranty to boot, is what got me. I really did want ABS though and almost bought a Wing and an LT at different times before I got the RSV.

One thing that is easy on the Wing, changing the front brake pads.. I helped a friend with his 1800 and couldn't believe how easy it was.

Buddy I saw how the back tire comes off on that 1800. boy is that nice just like changing a car tire lug nuts and all. And if I know you, you will be changing it alot. HA HA

yeah I was looking at it last night, sure was funny seeing lug nuts on a rear wheel of a motorcycle I'm going to love that very much. Also funny seeing a swing arm with just one arm and not two wow. Not like the Venture or GL1500 where you have to remove the whole rear section like saddle bags and bars.

As for the tire changing I think I better get used to the power first this baby will snap your neck real easy being fuel injection there no dead spots at all. I think my 83 beast will loss agaist this 1800 . This monster is quick and powerful....

Besides you know Peg she will have her finger nails ready if I try to burn rubber with this one.

what can i say,good thing i'm not one of you young whipper-snapper,i mite even look at a wing[just look thro]good luck,and we will ride again,did you get most of the whisle & bells

:bighug:

Hey Wildhair39,

So far we really love the bike, handles better than the GL1500. 1800 motor not as wide but way more power WOW! Plus this baby is balanced and the smoothest ride we ever had on a motorcycle. sorry if I made someone mad.

We bought the basic Wing - Cruise - Intercom system - Reverse - AM/FM Stereo system W/I-Pod hookup- Hydraulic ride - Remote control locks - Weather temp gauge - Electric trunk opener - Panic button - What ever else I'm forgetting. If we want the fancier gadgets we can add them on later. All hookups already there just plug and play. A course you would have to remove just about everything to do it. Heck you have to remove everything just to check the air filter.

O well Peg's happy and that's the main thing!! ......Think I'm loving it more than her now....:)

Buddy

Hey Wildhair39,

So far we really love the bike, handles better than the GL1500. 1800 motor not as wide but way more power WOW! Plus this baby is balanced and the smoothest ride we ever had on a motorcycle. sorry if I made someone mad.

We bought the basic Wing - Cruise - Intercom system - Reverse - AM/FM Stereo system W/I-Pod hookup- Hydraulic ride - Remote control locks - Weather temp gauge - Electric trunk opener - Panic button - What ever else I'm forgetting. If we want the fancier gadgets we can add them on later. All hookups already there just plug and play. A course you would have to remove just about everything to do it. Heck you have to remove everything just to check the air filter.

O well Peg's happy and that's the main thing!! ......Think I'm loving it more than her now....:)

Buddy

darn you buddy, your givin me the bug. bring that thing up to my meet and eat may 17, we want to see it. this is the show me state. bring some of them other folks with you. bill :cool10::2133:

Hey Wildhair39,

Buddy

think i'm loving it,more than her