IGNORED

Sticking choke, dead battery. Should I buy. Lots of pics!

Nice bike. I'd replace that front tire, these are heavy bikes and need good rubber. I have no problems with the Exedra.

They are going to put the cheapest battery in they have, it should be good for a year or two. That is ok, upgrade later. Can't chime in on the shock. The carbs will clean up easy, hopefully just blow by as mentioned.

Clutch whine, I think most of them have the Jetson whine.

Check the trunk for cracks

Brake and clutch fluids look clean ? if not flush them out when you get home

Check the brake pads

Change the rear diff oil

The should give you a new battery . I believe that would fall into selling a running bike

If it has been sitting run some premium gas and seafoam if its on sale or any good cleaner .

Then just ride it like you stole for a few tanks of fuel

Look at the rear fender just above the rear brake caliper. You may need to open the saddlebag to see it. If there is a ding where the caliper hit the fender, the shock is shot. Not the only sign, but when my shock died on the way back from Houston (it wanted to stay at Squidley and Lonna's), a big bump put a ding there.

RR

Englehart would not budge on the price, they decided cosmetically it was nice enough to bring full price regardless of any mechanical problems. So no deal.

Thanks everybody for helping me think with my head not my heart, you saved me some money today.

Well, I really did want a Venture, even sat tight and waited for the right deal to come along but dang! this Valkyrie hit the market locally at a price I couldn't pass up and it is now parked in my garage. Again, thanks for the help, you guys are all right.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa93/davitk/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/IMG_20150419_164202017_zpsk9w80znw.jpg

Wow, that is gorgeous! Are you going to the Crud run on May 3rd? I'd love to see that in person. I'll be there on my Bonneville.

I'd say Engleheart lost out and you won on that deal.

Thanks! I'm hoping to make it to the Slimy Crud. Flag me down if you see me.

Well, I really did want a Venture, even sat tight and waited for the right deal to come along but dang! this Valkyrie hit the market locally at a price I couldn't pass up and it is now parked in my garage. Again, thanks for the help, you guys are all right.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa93/davitk/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/IMG_20150419_164202017_zpsk9w80znw.jpg

THAT, is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. For some reason, the KBB and Edwards don't treat them fairly, and loan value is not good. But, if I had cash in pocket, that is one bike I would go after relentlessly. Congrats on your purchase, I hope it serves you well. They run SO smooth.