IGNORED

3.5mm bluetooth receiver

Thanks for the replies.

I have used the 3.5mm wired connecter from my iPhone and iPod and plug it into the Cassette deck. I I just want to eliminate the wires; and I don't want to have to split the fairing to install anything else. I know I can use the wireless Bluetooth receiver in the 3.5mm port on the deck, I was just wondering if anyone had a make/model preference. I don't want to spend money on a unit that will only last a short period of time.

I might just go buy the iSimple system, but they cost crap load of money for what you get.

Thanks again for the replies.

One problem I see is your going to have to A: mount it B: charge it I didnt feel to input signal was loud enough from the GPS and Phone when plugged into the AUX port. I have a Boosteroo so I tried that inline. Works great and improves the bass some and clears it up so you dont have to run as much input volume which somehow seems to distort when you jack the phone way up. So same problem, Boostroo works off a couple 4a batteries. And I didnt want the boostaroo mount and dismount when I parrked the bike etc. So I mounted it uner the fairing. So what do I do for power now? I ordered a Waterproof DC/DC Converter 12V Step Down to 3V converter. I built a battery eleminator and soldered this to it. I used a small dowel and wrapped wire around it and soldered this gizmo in. Hook up to keyed power under fairing and wa-la power. Just sayin, if you mount your little bluetooth thin up under and power it, it will be there when you come out of the store or motel and you wont have to turn it on or worry about charging. Who knows they may have some kind of DC charger they build for them.

Advantage of the iSimple (from Yamaha) is that you can control or skip tracks using the bike's controller. If you use a bluetooth adapter or thru the AUX input you have to reach to the the iPod/iPhone, this will take your eyes off the road.

Advantage of the iSimple (from Yamaha) is that you can control or skip tracks using the bike's controller. If you use a bluetooth adapter or thru the AUX input you have to reach to the the iPod/iPhone, this will take your eyes off the road.

This will not be a problem for me, when I ride alone I just set the music and never need to touch it other then the volume. When my wife is on the back she will have the phone and control the tunes.

Craig

For my bluetooth and phone charging...I bought a DelTran Battery tender USB output. I keep it in the pouch and use the two pin Battery Tender plug to power the usb...which powers the bluetooth/phone/mp3 player. Since the bluetooth and mp3 player go all day, the phone is my biggest problem...especially if I'm using the mapping and gps functions.

https://www.denniskirk.com/283934.sku?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgI6pBRDak6aRovWNqLsBEiQA8zZSLkmKVPKStyloHh-Sr-w8OZySRqzDhDhdEVtPRz9hc90aAl6a8P8HAQ

david

Edited by videoarizona
spelling, of course...