IGNORED

It is becoming a waste of time

Eck

trying to keep the GW and BLACK Avalanche clean........Before I can get either one totally dry after washing it, they turn green from all the pollen.

The black Avalanche really shows the green....yea boy.......

I learned a long long time ago. Black vehicles unless trailer show queens are a PIA. I never had a black vehicle for this reason. Back in high school a buddy had a really nice 69 chevelle SS Black white stripes. Car was awesome looking rite after he finished cleaning it. by the time he would drive to the local hang out, it seemed like it collected all the dust and grit in the county. I kind of like silver. The black on my 09 RSV is bad enough.

Many years ago I had a 300ZX Turbo that was a beautiful car. But after having it for a while, I swore I would never have another black car, unless it was a Buick Grand National. Well, now I have an Infinity and a Miata that are black. For me, I will clean them up and just before I go anywhere, I will rinse the pollen off, which is usually yellow, and take off. The white Miata does not show being dirty nearly as bad as the black one.

Randy

I didn't want a black vehicle, but like a lot of guys do, I gave into what the wife wanted...

I still think it looks sexy, and intimidating when it is all cleaned up though.

HPIM0187.jpg

I am a freak about keeping my vehicles clean. I wish I wasn't, but it's something in me I can't overcome. I wash my truck at least once a week, and I never go anywhere on my bike unless it is emaculate and glistening. I too believe when a black vehicle is pinpoint perfectly clean, it is usually the most beautiful thing on wheels, but..........I tried it one time and never again. Washed my a$$ off trying to keep it the way it should be kept. I see so many people driving black vehicles that really don't do them justice. They don't keep em clean, and a buncha folks do the God forbidden thing of running them through a carwash instead of hand washing them. Anywho, I'll stop my ranting now.

By the way Eck, That's a sweet looking Avalanche

My nephew is a stickler about having to everything spotless like you guys.. He finally got tired of washing and cleaning and polishing and fighting tight spots on his chrome and all that.. Anyway, he got to playing around with some of the new "easy to keep it clean" bike stuff, its been a while since I seen him but it seems like he was bragging about some stuff called "S100" or something that once applied - it was a rinse off the dirt with a hose and then blow the bike off with a leaf blower and SHAZAMMM - LIKE NEW!! Wonder if that new faindangled stuff with do the same job on a car....

Anyway,, THAT IS ONE PRETTY RIG ECKSTER!!! :thumbsup:

I have found that the best looking trucks are ones covered in mud. Makes it looks like a mans truck, no matter what color the wife wanted.

My truck started off bright flame red, unfortunately it rained last night and now there is another red spot showing, back to the trails to get it looking right again.:thumbsup:

That dog gone Fool beat me to it!!

Hey ya gul derned moderating minibike restoring lop eared varmint Eck, I wash my bike!! Tweeks is just little soft skinned is all - she has to have pure rain water for her baths or she breaks out in a rash real bad!! :900[1]: