IGNORED

Lesson's in writing Classified Ads..

cowpuc

I love reading ads for bikes. Every once in while I run across one that really gets me laughing.. Here is some of the text of one I noticed today that definitely brought a tear of laughter to my eyes.. Check this out :crackup::crackup:

:bowdown:"""No tire kickers, test riders or low ball offers. You bring cash and you get clean title and bike. NO TRADES. CASH ONLY. And that means cash in U.S. Currency in case you are some kind of idiot. No checks, wire transfer or pay pal bull****. Serious inquiries only, I am helping my dad with this listing so don't waste my time. If you are a moron don't even bother, this is not the bike for you. Reply by phone or text. We do not need help selling it. Do not contact me to sell it for me or for other services. Price is FIRM, because if he still has it in a couple months i'll buy it for that. It's a good running bike.""":crackup::guitarist 2:

I love to read bike adds on Craig's list some of my favorite ones

I'm selling this for a friend = " never took care and is embarrassed to tell you it's theirs "

might need carb cleaning = "dosent run"

ran when put it away. X. Years = " rust in tank, cracked tires, gummed up ... "

Dosnt have title = " stolen "

easy fix = " then you fix it and don't say parts are on eBay "

one guy said he likes scammers and enjoys the banter. I watch the bike adds all the time and in the Minneapolis CL you post anything that's not motorcycle related you get flagged.

What the ad said: Runs good but i probably would recommend a tune up. Is been as no op for a while. Lost the title but i will write a bill of sale.

The Truth: Use to run but can't get it started now. Not road worthy, can't get a title because it may be stolen, has bad tires, dead battery. Got it from a guy who got a great deal from a friend of his that really needed bail money for stealing it in the first place :)

wait wait I live in lasalle IL it is not me brother LOL

I actually thought to myself,, Puc - you sure you wanna post this up,, what if its one of your buddies trying to sell their scoot!! :whistling:

Guess I cant get that bike Goat, I'm a moron - I thought Lasalle was in Indiana (Hooser).. :doh:

there might be a lasalle in Indiana not sure. there are a lot of bikes gong up for sale in this area.

but the prices are way beyond what I would pay and some people have not come off there winter price. some want more during the winter here then the spring time.

I once went to look at a bike the owner said the brakes are good they sure where I could not move the bike. stuck solid. turns over easy sure did no compression. LOL

I have run across a couple of "salvage" titled bikes I would take a run at. But I know going in your NOT going to get anywhere near resale on them. But by the same token I should not have to pay anywhere near that. I found a Vic I liked. Fellow has been riding it a couple of years and did some cosmetic stuff, windshield plastics and paint I think. He is only about 3k under what a pristine bike would be. And he thinks he is giving the buyer a deal! You can finance it if you needed to, insurance can be a hassle. I found out recently while selling some used furniture to make room. You make the ad up. Add 10-20% to what you want because nobody will pay you what you think its worth.