IGNORED

Bike Dead Need Help fast!

Thank you all for your replies.

As Mini said Muffinman called me as we were strapping down the bike on Beer30's trailer. He said right off that he thought it was a shorted battery and to jump it when I got home to see what happened. Well Jeff, you were right it's the battery. Thanks for the call, the guidance, and the offer to help. Hooked the jumper cables up to the bike and the car didn't even act like it had a load on it until I turned the key on and you could hear the car pick up the load, the lights on the bike came on and she started right up. Disconnected the jumper cables, shut the bike down had 12.77Vdc on the bat until the key was turned on then it went down to .2Vdc instantly, no lights, no nothing.

Any suggestions on a battery? I'm not going with Wally World again that's for sure. This one is less than a year old.

A big Thank You to Beer30 for coming to get me and Sasha with his Beer Hauler. Thanks Gene you saved my bacon.

This club is more than that, it's a family ready willing and able to help at the drop of the hat. I am so glad that I stumbled upon this site last year.

As a side note: I checked the ignition switch out for opens and shorts and it checked out fine. That was my initial thought, but wanted to check the easy stuff first. While checking out the switch is when I found the bat going to 0Vdc with the key on. At first I thought the switch was shorted out, but that was not the case.

Thanks again to everyone.

:scratchchin:Just a thought. :scratchchin:

Does Wally World have some kind of 1 year free replacement on their scoot batteries. I've got one their batteries in mine and it will be 3 yrs. old this summer. Haven't had any problem with it so far.:fingers-crossed-emo

Might give them a call and see.:confused24:

:scratchchin:Just a thought. :scratchchin:

Does Wally World have some kind of 1 year free replacement on their scoot batteries. I've got one their batteries in mine and it will be 3 yrs. old this summer. Haven't had any problem with it so far.:fingers-crossed-emo

Might give them a call and see.:confused24:

Time being short and this being pretty much my sole means of transportation I am going to go with a Drag Specialties High Performance battery that crosses to the Yuasa battery. The local store where my wife works part time has one in stock so I'm going to give that a try.

I remembered this morning that the Wally World battery I bought was for my wifes 600 shadow. We changed that battery before we sold it this past year. So I don't know what the life span of the battery that's in my bike is.

Thanks for the suggestion.