IGNORED

Passenger Headset/RC Wires

The jack for the passenger headset is busted up. I thought I could just use the connection under the seat but there are some wires connecting the headset and RC jacks so I would like to replace both jacks and the wires. I am attaching pictures of what I need so if anyone has one to sell I am interested. There is one for sale on ebay but it seems to have an extra connection that I don't have. Thanks. IMG_1129 (1280x960).jpgIMG_1130 (1280x960).jpgIMG_1131 (1280x960).jpgIMG_1132 (1280x960).jpg

I think what you are looking for is a 5 connector din plug. Here is a link to one on ebay.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-DIN-Jack-Female-Socket-Soldering-5-Pin-Tube-Plug-Radio-Audio-XLR5-Amplifire-/190929857121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c744e6a61

You might also check with a near by Radio Shack and see if they have one in stock as these are fairly common.

Hope that helps

Rick F.

RadioShack hadn't had anything like that for years. Try maybe an electronics specialty place.

I gotta believe the bone yards are full of the whole assembly. You might contact Pinwall Cycle.

In the meantime, the connection between the headset and RC jacks is for the attenuator (volume control). What that knob does is reduce the volume from what the amp puts out. If you plug the headset in directly it will work as if the passenger volume control is set to max.

Edited by MiCarl

I have both sides of the 5 pins I think. If just the 5 pin plug is broke I can probably solder a new one in. I get them off ebay. How about something like this if the controler is junk. IMC passneger mic mute and volume control. Most show for a GW, but as long as its 5 pin they all work.

My Radio Shack has a small section of pull out drawers that has a lot of small parts (surprise to me). And I did see one chassis mount 5 pin connector in one of the small bins.

FWIW....I don't remember seeing a drawer system like that at a RS in Phoenix. Maybe it's what the store manager wants to carry???

I used to manage a couple RadioShack stores. The selection in those drawers wasn't what it was in the '70s and '80s. The contents of those drawers was controlled by corporate. By the time I left most of the old time components were gone, replaced by other small items.

I'm pretty sure all the DIN stuff was gone. It's possible you saw one in a franchise store (corporate doesn't control their inventory) or something left over that store staff never bothered to clean out.

RadioShack hadn't had anything like that for years. Try maybe an electronics specialty place.

I gotta believe the bone yards are full of the whole assembly. You might contact Pinwall Cycle.

In the meantime, the connection between the headset and RC jacks is for the attenuator (volume control). What that knob does is reduce the volume from what the amp puts out. If you plug the headset in directly it will work as if the passenger volume control is set to max.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to buy one from Pinwall for less than $30. Hopefully, it works.

I have both sides of the 5 pins I think. If just the 5 pin plug is broke I can probably solder a new one in. I get them off ebay. How about something like this if the controler is junk. IMC passneger mic mute and volume control. Most show for a GW, but as long as its 5 pin they all work.

Dion, thank you for the offer. I ordered a used replacement so hopefully it will solve my problem. If not, I'll contact you about your offer. The controller is good.

Sorry Vito,

I didn't see your post until now. But I have exactly what you need and it's been laying in a drawer for years and you can have it for the cost of postage.

Let me know,

Rick

That's great! I just cancelled my order so I will pm you to work out details. Thank You.