IGNORED

New Chrome

XV1100SE

Got the battery side covers back a while ago and the plastic piece that goes in front of the battery box a week ago.... here are the pics.

The side covers cost me $200 to have chromed the traditional way. I could have gotten them thru DiamondR but with shipping and the exchange rate it would have cost about the same. Anyone considering getting the chrome side covers from DiamondR should do it soon because when I asked in January they only had a few and weren't going to do any more.

The plastic piece that goes in front of the battery box and is the piece between the battery side covers cost me $75 to have done. Turned out great ! I know most of it won't be seen under the seat and behind the engine but ties the two side covers together nicely.

Have yet to put them on the bike but wanted to share the results.

IMG_20150310_161617.jpg

IMG_20150310_161735.jpg

IMG_20150310_161746.jpg

battery side covers.jpg

battery covers.jpg

I got the side covers done in Cambridge Ontario at a plating shop Cambridge Custom Chrome Home - Cambridge Custom Chrome.

The plastic piece... EZ Chrome in Otterville, Ontario. http://www.ezchromesolutions.com/

On the plastic, there is a "silver" base coat and a lightly blue tinted topcoat that gives it the chrome look.

Another option I looked at for the plastic is a product called "Super Chrome" but there aren't any shops close that do it. If you do a search for "Super Chrome"....you can get the basecoat and topcoat in a kit and do it yourself - but you'd want a good sprayer. :: SuperChrome® :: Best Chrome Paint Solution

I have the chrome side covers also but did not get the center part done as it is hard to see let alone keep clean.

To me there was a fair bit of black showing and chroming the plastic ties the two chromed side covers together.