IGNORED

Saw something I didn't expect to see today

pbjman

I was in my truck today on the road about 3:30 PM, the overhead console indicated the temperature outside was 8°.

Suddenly, they're in my sideview mirror, I saw it, a motorcycle fairing, headlights, with driving lights coming up alongside me in the outer lane. After I did the double take and I realize for sure I was really seeing it, my first thought was "yeah rock on dude!" As he came into view along side of me I could see through my passenger window that he was on a big Harley and had on his leather chaps, jacket, gloves, openface helmet and one of them black face masks. I scrambled for my phone to try to get a pic but was not quick enough to catch him. Good for him for riding! Still too much salt on the road for me though. I guess he's not the cliché Harley poser guy who never rides…

Did a LOT of winter riding/ice racing a number of years ago. I used Kold Kutter screws in my tires (still got a couple bags of them somewhere). A known fact with screws was that if you happen to get on pavement with the screwed tires it was as slippery as black ice.. As a result of this and having had experienced the adrenaline filled feeling of having a scoot squirt out from under me with no way to save it a number of times. I can only say that now, in my older years, when I see people out in well below freezing temps on these great big heavy touring bikes that instead of the old yeeeeee hawwww - I find myself cringing at the thought of that one little spot of black ice under a bridge that the rider cant see.. Maybe it's just cause now adays it seems like I hurt all the time (sucks gettin old) and I cant stand the thought of another biker getting hurt, regardless,, if you do venture out in this stuff, please be really really careful!

Did a LOT of winter riding/ice racing a number of years ago. I used Kold Kutter screws in my tires (still got a couple bags of them somewhere). A known fact with screws was that if you happen to get on pavement with the screwed tires it was as slippery as black ice.. As a result of this and having had experienced the adrenaline filled feeling of having a scoot squirt out from under me with no way to save it a number of times. I can only say that now, in my older years, when I see people out in well below freezing temps on these great big heavy touring bikes that instead of the old yeeeeee hawwww - I find myself cringing at the thought of that one little spot of black ice under a bridge that the rider cant see.. Maybe it's just cause now adays it seems like I hurt all the time (sucks gettin old) and I cant stand the thought of another biker getting hurt, regardless,, if you do venture out in this stuff, please be really really careful!

I quit rideing when it gets below freezing a few years ago. Not because I couldn't take the cold but because Shirley let me know how much it worried her. Even though I only rode on dry days, she worried about some jerk opening a hydrant or someones sprinkler system. Then one day some jerk DID open a hydrant when it was in the low 20s and made a real mess of things. It didn't effect me but she laid the law down, No more riding below freezing.

Sorry to say I only got in a 75 mile ride today, I'll try and do better tomorrow.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/ee3ccc8dcb7aa22bf110532c8baf3240.jpg

That don't look like Misheygan to me!

I rode in the winter. Because that was the only thing that would start. Had to get to work. would have to slide your hands off side way because you couldn't open them back up. did that a month straight that year. through snow and ice. Broke down and bought a different truck.

I quit rideing when it gets below freezing a few years ago. Not because I couldn't take the cold but because Shirley let me know how much it worried her. Even though I only rode on dry days, she worried about some jerk opening a hydrant or someones sprinkler system. Then one day some jerk DID open a hydrant when it was in the low 20s and made a real mess of things. It didn't effect me but she laid the law down, No more riding below freezing.

That don't look like Misheygan to me!

Tampa Bay Rain coming in later and 48° hi tomorrow.

Last year I was standing out front in the hot sunshine, Tweeks up on the lift in front of the Garage, wearing shorts and no shirt - sweat just running off my body... My neighbor stops by, shakes his head, points over a shady spot on the concrete about 10 feet from where I was working. He says "what are you stupid - why on earth aren't you at least working in the shade"? I looked at him and said "Apparently you have forgotten about last winter already!! I am sucking every bit of that hot sunshine up while I have a chance cause I KNOW that bone chilling winter is coming back!!".

Bottom line you guys, when summer finally does get here - GET OUT AND ENJOY IT,, STORE IT UP!!!

I was watching the 11pm news last Wed night and I heard a bike pass. There's a Grim Reaper that lives in a mobile home park next to me and it was him going home, it was probably in the hi teens at the time. He's got and old HD, looks to be a Low Rider, and he's always on it except when there's snow on the ground. I kinda believe that's all the transportation he has. I built a fire in the garage last week and replaced the freeze plugs in mine, then raised the door and let it run a little while, that's as close as it got to getting outside. We got 11" of snow yesterday, finally got the drive cleared out about an hour ago. This cold is wreaking havoc on my old bones, I'm gonna shoot every dang groundhog I see!!!

Its those Canadians I tell ya. They keep leaving the darn door open and letting all of that cold air spill out down here.

I don't mind SNOW, in fact I even like it, but this sub zero temps has gotten quite old already.

Would someone PLEASE go up there and shut the blasted door????? Maybe even nail it shut.

Old Puc and I are working to track down which one of you it is that keeps leaving the door open, we are getting closer.

Sheesh, worse than a bunch of kids.......