IGNORED

Meeting Venture riders....

videoarizona

Met with KIC today. I was very pleased to finally meet Bill!

He brought along a spare backrest for me to try out. We installed it and then ran for some really good Mexican food.

Letting me keep it for a little while....while I try it out. Nice!

I brought a camera with me....to take pictures....and left it in the bike's trunk. Silly me....:bang head:

Geesh....me bad!

Thank you, Bill for sparing your time today and letting me borrow your backrest. Trip back to GV was much better with something to lean on!

:cool10:

I am not much of an attorney and am having a hard time locating the loop hole in the rule book that covers the "I left my camera in the trunk" routine.. I have always appreciated your posts and pics Vidzzz so I will keep digging and see if I can find it.. Might wanna keep that camera duc taped to your wrist from now on though as most of these little loop holes only work one time. :big-grin-emoticon:

Either way, sounds like you guys had a blast out there, hope that backrest proves to be just what you need and we can find one for you to keep!!

KIC, THANK YOU FOR HELPING OUT ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER!! Your assistance didnt go unnoticed.:thumbsup:

Never did really find out for sure David, is the backrest you are using now the type that slides into a couple slider rails that run along the seat bottom or does it bolt on and is adjustable by placing the mount bolts in a different set of holes?

Who are you guys and why are you talking about me ???:confused24:

As my Uncle Shultz used to say to me..

I know Nothing... I know Nooooothiiiing. :cool:

If it had really happened it would have been nice to meet you David and the enchiladas would have been great at that Mexican restaurant . If we had really met, I probably would have broken a bolt or something on your bike and had to get it fixed at a friend's shop. Good thing that never happened or you would have had to rat me out to this group. I would have been glad there wasn't any pictures of me holding a broken bolt in a COSTCO parking lot thinking "oh C%@p what did I do now". :bang head:

Glad that never really happened.

Look forward to "not" meeting you again sometime.

Ride safe. Enjoy the non-existent backrest I never gave you. :usa:

Who are you guys and why are you talking about me ???:confused24:

As my Uncle Shultz used to say to me..

I know Nothing... I know Nooooothiiiing. :cool:

If it had really happened it would have been nice to meet you David and the enchiladas would have been great at that Mexican restaurant . If we had really met, I probably would have broken a bolt or something on your bike and had to get it fixed at a friend's shop. Good thing that never happened or you would have had to rat me out to this group. I would have been glad there wasn't any pictures of me holding a broken bolt in a COSTCO parking lot thinking "oh C%@p what did I do now". :bang head:

Glad that never really happened.

Look forward to "not" meeting you again sometime.

Ride safe. Enjoy the non-existent backrest I never gave you. :usa:[/quote

We're all just :sign green with envcause you guys get to ride and we're:sick: with cabin fever.. Wont be long and this :snow: will be long gone and then the :stirthepot: and :stickpoke: will turn into all of us :7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_2_102[1]: together and the :sign green with env will disappear Kic..

Thanks for helping David out and wish I could have been there to taste that Mexican food!!:fatsmiley:

Who are you guys and why are you talking about me ???:confused24: (snip)

If it had really happened it would have been nice to meet you David and the enchiladas would have been great at that Mexican restaurant . (snip)

Glad that never really happened. (snip)

Look forward to "not" meeting you again sometime. Ride safe. Enjoy the non-existent backrest I never gave you. :usa:

Ha! I love it when a plan doesn't come together! :think: :biker:

Puc,

I know it is rough for those of you that can not ride. We really do not try to rub it in as we suffer through our winter days too...like today...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97065[/ATTACH]

:rasberry:

:stirthepot:

:Im not listening to

Puc, the latter....[ATTACH=CONFIG]97069[/ATTACH]

See, now that looks totally different than the rails on my 87,, I wonder if the backrest and mounts off an 83 would fit it? Did you have to take the mounts off KICs bike to put that on yours Dave? The way that rest is mounted to mounts is different than both my 87 and the 83.. :think:

PUC,

My understanding is that the back rest will fit a 83-85, but the brackets are different to mount to the bike.

:sign yeah that: The pictured backrest is the VentureLine/Drag Specialties version. The difference between the MKI and the MKII VentureLine backrest is the mounting brackets and the backrest pad color and vinyl embossing pattern.

If one obtains a VentureLine backrest sans mounting brackets, one is halfway to having a backrest. Only need to find the correct mounting brackets for your year Venture.

MKII VentureLine bracketsBackrest, driver, VentureLine, MKII,  ABA-1NLCD-04-40 brackets only $50.00 2013.jpg

MKI VentureLine bracketsBackrest, driver, VentureLine, MKI, ABA-26HCD-17-00, brackets only $119.00 2014.jpg

So,, the stock brackets and backrest off an 84 wont work on Davids scoot?

The backrest will work, but the brackets won't. And, depending on how particular he is, the 1984 backrest pad is embossed in a diamond pattern, correct? The diamond pattern matches the MKI seat.

The VentureLine backrest pad for the MKII has different embossing, more of a rectilinear or horizontal pattern.

MKII pattern.backrest, driver, VentureLine, MKII,  $150.00 2013.JPG

MKI patternBackrest, Driver, VentureLine, MKI, $75 2013.jpg

Prariehammer, don't know if my bike is an exception but on my 85 resurrection I had to utilize a set of 84 luggage crash bars in order to use the venture line mounts you call MK1. I agree they fit the 83-84 but my 85 did not have the proper tab to use the MK1 mounts. I cannot speak about the 86 and later models as I have no experience. I acquired another backrest on a MK1 parts bike but instead of the diamond cutouts for adjustment it has three screw holes in different positions. Same idea, works the same but not nearly as elegant. IMHO I feel the venture line products I have seen are the highest quality. Once my project is complete I most likely will be putting all my spare parts that I did not use or have need for up in the pay it forward only asking for actual shipping costs and I have a few chrome accessories that I do not desire unless someone local picks them up. People have helped me so I feel it is my duty to return the favor to another in need.

Prariehammer, don't know if my bike is an exception but on my 85 resurrection I had to utilize a set of 84 luggage crash bars in order to use the venture line mounts you call MK1. I agree they fit the 83-84 but my 85 did not have the proper tab to use the MK1 mounts. I cannot speak about the 86 and later models as I have no experience. I acquired another backrest on a MK1 parts bike but instead of the diamond cutouts for adjustment it has three screw holes in different positions. Same idea, works the same but not nearly as elegant. IMHO I feel the venture line products I have seen are the highest quality. Once my project is complete I most likely will be putting all my spare parts that I did not use or have need for up in the pay it forward only asking for actual shipping costs and I have a few chrome accessories that I do not desire unless someone local picks them up. People have helped me so I feel it is my duty to return the favor to another in need.

Brenner, thank you for the heads up. You are correct; the backrest for the 1985 is unique, due to the difference in mounting brackets. On all the MKI Ventures the VentureLine backrest mounts to the saddlebag guards. However on the 1985, the saddlebag guards are different from the 1983-1984 (and of course, the 1986 onward).

The VentureLine part number for the riders backrest for the 1985 is: ABA-26HCD-20-00 whereas the VentureLine part number for the 1983-1984 backrest is: ABA-26HCD-17-00. Both are in brown. The 1983-1984 VentureLine backrest in black has a part number of ABA-26HCD-17-20. There was no 1985 offering except in brown.

Thank you again for the clarification. I just learned something new today.