IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

I WIN! I WIN! Taken about an hour ago.

Next picture has to be by a caboose. It doesn't have to be on tracks anymore. Not many of them are. It could be converted into a restaurant or something. But it has to be a real caboose.

Awesome job!!

Next picture has to be by a caboose. It doesn't have to be on tracks anymore. Not many of them are. It could be converted into a restaurant or something. But it has to be a real caboose.

that couldnt have been taken today there aint no SNOW!

LOL just kiddin with ya!

Nice pic

Dray

I'm in... I'll build a covered bridge if I have to... (as soon as this dang snow melts):cool10:this idea will have me glued to this site , to see what's next... especially when I'm on my trip to the east coast this summer... I hate computers, but I will allow my wife to bring her laptop, just so I can participate............later dudes, and dudettes JOHN

Send me your address and your preference of guardian bell or two patches. Nice picture. :thumbsup2:

Good job Lynn.

From the looks of the water level, another day or two and you might have to look for another bridge.

Don.....

Any way to pin this thread so that it doesn't become buried????

Geezzz Mr. Owl...you DO know how to "stick" a thread. :) I've done it though.

I'm in... I'll build a covered bridge if I have to... (as soon as this dang snow melts):cool10:this idea will have me glued to this site , to see what's next... especially when I'm on my trip to the east coast this summer... I hate computers, but I will allow my wife to bring her laptop, just so I can participate............later dudes, and dudettes JOHN

Too late on the covered bridge. The winner has now designated a caboose for the next challenge. Heck...there is actually a caboose about 12 miles up the road from me that has been converted to a diner...if I could just get my bike out of the driveway I could win this one.

PM on its way.

That pic did turn out better than I thought it would. Lori was ill today and couldn't go down with me to take it. I ended up propping the camera up on one of the posts that's rammed into the ground in front of the bridge to keep traffic off of it, and then using a stick to level and aim the camera. The ten second timer just barely gave me enough time to run up there and jump on. In fact in this pic, I was still getting the bike into balance and shifting my weight and I looked up just in time to see the flash go off. I figured that one was no good, so I did another one that went better, but then I ended up using the first one anyway. I liked it better.

It's been in the 40s and 50s around here for several days. Our snow is gone. The water does look high in that pic, doesn't it? It didn't strike me as being that high when I was there.

I didn't know if I had to take a picture myself of what the next target had to be. I didn't see it as being a rule, so I didn't. I wonder if it might be a fun additional rule though. I could have done it. There are two cabooses within ten miles of me, and a couple more within an hour's ride. I rode by one of them on my way back home. What I really wanted to pick was an old round barn, but I figured they are really too rare for there to be much competition.

Guest BluesLover
Next picture has to be by a caboose.
Ok you guys ... you're stealing all of my already taken pictures!!! Here's one that was taken on last year's New England trip ... oh well... as always ... a dollar short and a year late ... :):bang head:

Cheers.

But I don't see you or your bike in that picture.

C'mon, y'all knew with a covered bridge as the first target that it had to be me, the one who hosted the covered bridge ride last Nov. 3.

(I think that whole thread has been deleted now in the interest of conserving board space.)

Heck...there is actually a caboose about 12 miles up the road from me that has been converted to a diner...if I could just get my bike out of the driveway I could win this one.

You could always put it in the trailer, and tow it up there. :stirthepot: I assume Mr. OWls Venture Ranger in the photo Could win ? :rotf:

I know I am a Pain, BUT here is an idea only, is it possible to start a NEW Topic area and each time there is a winner someone makes a new post, with the new Item for the scavenger.

This way it may make it easier to find what we are looking for. JUST an idea.

Brad

One of these days Tom, one of these days!

the Ft Myers Beach store (where that pictire was taken),

I though that looked familiar, I was just down there this afternoon on Work, turnes out the place was mobed with spring breakers. ( I forgot my camera)

This sounds like fun but not very many covered bridges near me :confused24:

I know I am a Pain, BUT here is an idea only, is it possible to start a NEW Topic area and each time there is a winner someone makes a new post, with the new Item for the scavenger.

This way it may make it easier to find what we are looking for. JUST an idea.

Brad

My though on that is one could miss a new thread but if all the photos are in one thread the original you just have to go to the last page to see the new target:confused24:

Not a great picture but this was at 12:09 PM EDT today. I had all sorts of thoughts for a new target but in honor of the opening of the new baseball season...

You with a baseball cap on, your bike, a baseball field (your bike doesn't need to be ON the baseball field)

Play ball!

I was trying to find a place to set the camera and had the bike there just to get everything in the frame. A jogger came by and I flagged him down to take the picture. As soon as he took the picture I realized the trunk was still open. But the guy didn't seem to eager to be a photographer so I didn't ask him to retake it. Oh well...

Excellent.. you guys are doing great! Hmm.. I usually keep a cap in my bags.. wonder if it's in there. I might be able to stop somewhere on the way home from work and snag this one if someone don't beat me to it. :)

Bike, ball cap, Animal, and TWO ballfields: The original Kempsville Pony Ball Field and the new Kempsville Pony Ball Field. Pictures taken less than an hour ago-Honey is behind the camera.

The next mission, should you decide to accept it is

Your Bike, You, and a Lighthouse