IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

It looked like it was on its original foundation.

It sure does.

The guys at SMOKSTAK.com had this to say about the engine pics...

"It's a Y V probably a 50hp. The 50hp has a 14in bore 17in stroke, like mine. Being in South Carolina it probably ran a cotton jin or an ammonia compressor? "

"Yes its a YV, Hot bulb head. pre 1925? Looks like they are having a Great Trip!http://www.smokstak.com/forum/images/smilies/wave.gif J.R. "

FYI for those that are interested...

Hot bulb head Diesel means that the engine didn't have enough compression to light the fuel when the engine was cold. They heated a metal rod with a gas flame that would get enough heat in the cylinder to light the fuel (think glow plug on a much slower time frame). Once the engine was warm and working, it would do the compression ignition thing all on it's own. I haven't done any serious research on this engine yet, but I believe it is a 2 stroke, and from the look of the chamber attached to the crankcase, it probably uses the downward piston movement to create pressure for the air to scavenge the cylinder at the bottom of the stroke.

Later, Scooter Bob

sign%20back%20to%20topic.gif

The current target is...

a picture of You and your bike with a State Trooper sitting on it. by jointventure

That looks like the new 2013 RSV engine. I'm not sure they'll have room for the cassette deck though :think:

And, and, :scratchchin: just think, :scratchchin: wait for it... :scratchchin:

:banana: IT'S FUEL INJECTED. :banana: :crackup:

sign%20back%20to%20topic.gif

The current target is...

a picture of You and your bike with a State Trooper sitting on it. by jointventure

I am going to ride up to the State Police HQ this weekend and see if I can get this.

The current target is...

Anybody had a phone call requesting bail money:rotf:

Problem with a PGR flag line is it isn't always right n ext to the bikes. Also, the flag lines are quite solemn occasions.

I haven't been able to get to a PGR event for some time, maybe the target should be reset for a more fun thing?