IGNORED

Reversing polarity on the wiring harness visa vi LEDs

So I get my LEDs, get the load resistors installed, and now the polarity of the light socket is wrong. I got no running light and a dim blinker, reverse the bulb and Ii get the dim running light. I would like to pull the wires from the plug and reverse them, I know there is a little tongue in there that won't let the terminal come out the back of the plug housing, it works much like a wire tie locking mechanism, I'm SURE there is a $85.00 tool that will pop right in there and do what I need done, I'd rather cut wire and re-solder than spend that kind of money on this. Paper clip is too big, my 1.4mm precision screw driver is too big but will slip in along side the terminal end. So If I reverse the wires (one way or the other) what will (if anything) happen at the rear blinker? I don't think anything will... I'm just askin'.

Any ideas?

Edited by dna9656

What bulbs did you get?

Where they cheepos?

I have not heard of this issue before.

I would start by testing the bulb socket with a volt meter to see if the polarity is actually reversed, I'm betting its not. I would the n make up some jumper wires and test the bulb direct to the battery to verify the bulb function and polarity. If the bulb is reversed polarity I would contact the place you got them from to see if the can be exchanged for good bulbs.

Trying to rewire the bike to make reversed bulbs work will open a whole new can of worms, it is not going to be as simple as switching a couple of wires.