IGNORED

How much do you pay for FULL coverage insurance on your 2nd gen?

VentureFar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Geico policy states that vehicle usage is not considered for rating purposes in the state of California. I listed 4000 as my usage. ( The other 3000 is on my V-Star) Coverage is Bodily Injury 300,000/300,000, Property damage $100,000, Comprehensive and Collision at $250 deductible. Towing included. No uninsured motorist coverage. $ 237.00 per year for the RSV, $58 for the V-Star. Total $295.00

As you see from this post, every state is different. The company that is the lowest cost in one state may be the highest in another state. All these post about what someone is paying is useless unless it is in your state.

I was thinking $600 a year through progressive for an 08 RSV and an 07 Roadstar was too much. Now I am thinking maybe not. I pay they whole bill the day it comes over the net. I know it adds more if you stretch it out. I save maybe 50 bucks each bike pay by the year.

NOW what I get for that is dismal, I bet I did not ride the RS 500 miles all last year. So they won on that one.

As of now I am with dairyland. Started with geico with my 900 vulcan, couple yr with them and rates creep up so went shopping. Next up I forget travelers maybe. Then a year or so with them. Had aarp for a couple years which was geico. They jumpped almost $100 so I went shopping and got to,dairyland. Where you live makes huge difference.

How are they going to know if you rode 8000 miles or 800? Do they take the starting and ending milage? Here in Fla my uninsured moteresr cost me more than the actual coverage.

PUC I can send you an address you can register to. I had a buddy that lived in NC and I told him that for years. He had higher tags, some sort of personal tax and higher tags.

[TABLE=class: rowstyle-zebra, width: 100%]

[TR=class: zebra]

[TD=class: dataLabel, colspan: 2]1989 YAMAH XVZ13D[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Bodily Injury Liability

[/TD]

[TD=class: dataQuantity, align: right]$100,000/$300,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Property Damage Liability

[/TD]

[TD=class: dataQuantity, align: right]$50,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury

[/TD]

[TD=class: dataQuantity, align: right]$50,000/$100,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel, colspan: 2]2009 YAMAH XVS95 V-STAR[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Bodily Injury Liability

[/TD]

[TD=class: dataQuantity, align: right]$100,000/$300,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Property Damage Liability

[/TD]

[TD=class: dataQuantity, align: right]$50,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: dataLabel]Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury

+++++++++++++++++++++

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Progressive through USAA: $381/year. Total Both Bikes.

HOWEVER: It's not only the mileage...it's the location that determines your rate....so...comparing premiums really isn't valid unless you live in same area!

david

In Manitoba we enjoy government auto insurance.

I don't have the exact numbers with me but I pay approx. $1500 per year for the privilege of riding my 2000 2nd gen. And I have full merits!

Yea, you know a rider in Manitoba really likes to ride if he is willing to part with this amount of cash!

On the bright side, I have a 1980 Suzuki GSL that I have vintage plates on and I pay about $113 per year for vintage plates.

There are some restrictions but I can let her out for a run every so often.

This thread got me thinking about changing my coverage to full coverage for the 2005 RSTD and my 2002 /triumph Bonneville. I was in talking to my AAA agent and if he is correct, which I have my doubts, it will be $312.00 approx for both. In april I'll know for sure. Seems too cheap to me.