IGNORED

"BUB" Exhuast!!

Eddy

I had ordered the Bubs exhaust and before I received them I'd drilled 4 half inch holes in each stock muffler and they sounded pretty good. I decided to have the "bubs" put on yesterday and they're a little louder than I thought they'd be but I love them!! They have a nice throaty growl and people will notice them. They really sound good idling and also when you gear down. Heck, they sound good no matter how you're driving. Just thought I'd tell you about it in case there are some riding the fence on them. They're great!!

Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky.

Now how am I gonna notice the sound of your Bubs??? or am I not classified as people????? maybe you should get something a little louder??? but then I'm a little hard of hearing,,,maybe you could put an amplfier on it as well,, so that you can turn them up at times for the benefit of folks like me.:happy65::whistling::rotf:

Eddy,

I've had mine for almost 3 years now and I love my Bubbs. The only time I wish they were tuned down is when I'm on a long trip. I'm thinking about getting some ear plugs for those trips.

Ride on and enjoy them.

Ken:cool10:

Eddy,

I've had mine for almost 3 years now and I love my Bubbs. The only time I wish they were tuned down is when I'm on a long trip. I'm thinking about getting some ear plugs for those trips.

Ride on and enjoy them.

Ken:cool10:

So this brings up the question - Do most ride with or without ear plugs? I kept reading articles about permanent hearing loss from not wearing them. I always wear them if I'm going to be riding any farther than just around the neighborhood. But now I'm thinking, these articles may have been written for sport bikers without a big windsheild like we have on our Ventures. Does that make a difference?

I have stock mufflers on my o4 venture now and would like to have a little more rumble , but am afraid to jump in with both feet and put on bubbs. I don,t want to wear ear plugs, I just want a nice throaty sound , what do you suggest. Is drilling holes in my stock mufflers enough or can I put on tips of some kind to get results.:confused24:

I had the local dealer put them on and I don't know anyone around here, regardless of the bike that wears ear plugs. I don't think they're that loud to do it but that might mean I don't hear well to begin with. That's what my wife says.... ha ha I really do like the sound of them and I rode about 80 miles today and I just love them.

I think all they had to do was remove the saddle bags and it was pretty much a direct bolt on because they were done in about 1/2 hour on both sides and had the bags back on and they really look nice.

Eddie

I have stock mufflers on my o4 venture now and would like to have a little more rumble , but am afraid to jump in with both feet and put on bubbs. I don,t want to wear ear plugs, I just want a nice throaty sound , what do you suggest. Is drilling holes in my stock mufflers enough or can I put on tips of some kind to get results.:confused24:

I like the sound of the bubs, but a little pricey right now. Not sure what they would sound like on the highway for long rides but, when you get on it they sound great.

Venture 1 I would not drill the stock pipes but try the Harley route. Heard the Drilled pipes and there not bad, For the Harley route you will need a couple of brackets and clamps. Total cost is quite reasonable, and you get a deeper sound which is a nice, but not as nice as the Bubs.

Brad

I had ordered the Bubs exhaust and before I received them I'd drilled 4 half inch holes in each stock muffler and they sounded pretty good. I decided to have the "bubs" put on yesterday and they're a little louder than I thought they'd be but I love them!! They have a nice throaty growl and people will notice them. They really sound good idling and also when you gear down. Heck, they sound good no matter how you're driving. Just thought I'd tell you about it in case there are some riding the fence on them. They're great!!

Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky.

Please forgive the ignorant but, this thread is the first I've heard of Bub exhaust could someone refer me to a site or source so i can check out what yall are talking about, as much as I love the Vr performance I'd like to lose the sewing machine stock exhaust sound for something with a little more vibrato sound.

Was the bubs a straight bolt on and did you have to do anything to the carbs. I know when I change the pipes on the road star I had I had to jet the carb.

I didn't do anything to the carbs when I put my Bubbs on. And I did put them on myself, they are easy to do. I get between 42 to 47 mpg with my bike. Between 42 and 45 when 2 up. Of course I'm not into fast take offs and high speeds on the interstates. (Try to stay off the Interstates, I like to see things, not passing cars.)

Ken:detective: