IGNORED

I'm Smitten

Condor

While catching a rerun of the 2007 Eric Clapton CrossRoads Concert I ran into a set that really grabbed me. The Group was the Tedeschi Truck Band, and their lead singer is Susan Tedeschi. I'd never heard of them before, but I'm a fan now... I love a soulful singer and great guitar. This set had it all. Found a cut on YouTube. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I believe Susan's husband plays or at least did play in the Allman Brothers band for a while. They live just out side of Jacksonville , FL, I have also been listening to her music for a few years, first heard of her on NPR believe it or not.

If you are are Clapton fan, here is one that you may not have heard of, J.J. Cale, had a very strong influence on Clapton and Mark Knopfler. J.J. Cale actually wrote :Cocaine" and "After Midnight", he passed away sometime last year. Clapton and Knopfler have done a tribute album to him.

I've been listening to Susan Tedeschi for years. Have at least two or three of her CDs. Really enjoy her music.

I guess I'm a Johnny come lately, and missed a lot according to YouTube. In the process of catching up....

There's also a cut of the entire set with Little by Little, and Day by Day. LBL was pretty good,, and Susan can pick a pretty mean guitar, but DBD knocked it outta the park.... :thumbsup2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOhnHggl6E

I have listened to her for a few years now. I think one of the first exposures was on a Double Trouble album they released.

As for the Trucks kid, MAN!!! You think he is good now. Check out

when he was 13!! But you think of the guys he got to hang with growing up and listen to. Dickey Betts, Greg Allman, Warren Haynes.

Steve you are correct. Derek and susan live outside of Jacksonville.

Grew up on ABB Marshal Tucker

Still very partial to Emmy Lou Harris, when she and Mark Knopfler did an their "All the Road Running" album I bought it as soon as it hit the stores, still listen to parts of it almost every day.

Interesting bit of trivia, she and I share a birthday, April 2, she is a few years older than me, but not many.

The brassy kind of lady singers kind of get me too. I guess Janis Joplin was probably one of the first I heard like that. Bonnie Rait fits in there, and lately I have been liking Pink. Oh yea Bette Midler, Malisa Ethridge too. Good thing I got Pandora.

The brassy kind of lady singers kind of get me too. I guess Janis Joplin was probably one of the first I heard like that. Bonnie Rait fits in there, and lately I have been liking Pink. Oh yea Bette Midler, Malisa Ethridge too. Good thing I got Pandora.

Yep, we seem to have some of the same tastes. Always been a Joplin Fan since way back when. Etheridge 'The One', Pink 'There's a Party Going On', Joss Stone. And now Tedeschi with 'Anyday'.. I bounce all over the place in what I like to listen too. Also Like Dion, Groben, Broadway, Spirit in the Sky, Old Time R&R'... etc. I also have an old CD of 'Starbucks on the Delta' with some of the old time delta blues artists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-f-l2Pbn8

Yup You look up the one somebody lists. Then you see something else that looks interesting and then you start the way back machine. Next thing I knew I was watching a Grand funk Railroad concert filmed live in like 78 or something. LOL I was looking one night after seeing this good gal that plays bass. It was on Palladia, kind of like a concert channel owned by VH1 I think. Anyways she can play and made one of the best guitar players shake his head with her performance. About 1.25 if you want to skip ahead.

If ya like Susan,you might like this....

For 14 years old,on some of her songs,she sounds like she's been singing the blues in smokey pool halls for 25 years.

Pride of Fargo,ND.

[/QUOTE]

She's good, but not as brassy or soulful for my taste... Give her a few more years and I bet she'll be awesome....

Did you ever check out Beth Hart. Along with Susan, one of my favorites.

Just checked her out, and she's really good, but I didn't fall in love with her... Did I ever mention I'm a sucker for red heads.... :whistling: Her albums would make for some great riding sounds.... :thumbsup2:

• 8 months later...