IGNORED

Butt Beads??????

PITBULL

Hey Bull, (or is it Hey Pit:rotfl:)

I rode from Ga.-NM-SD-Id-Mt-Wy-Ks-Ar-Ga last summer with a bead caver on my seat and really liked it. I used the small, black one made for a mc. Year before I had a natural color one made for a car and my friends called it my "Rashid the taxi driver seat"! But that size is cheaper and will cover your passenger seat as well.

When you start getting a little sore you can adjust a quarter inch or so and be comfortable again. In the heat it is a lot cooler, but in the cold it is even colder! I don't use it in the winter.

I have had them for a couple of years. Work great.. You will want to pull them off when it starts to cool down. If you ever have any doubt as to if they work take a short ride in cold temps. A whole new meaning to freezing your buns off.

Ok so for those of you who prefer the beads. What type of seat do you prefer? Hard or soft?

That's one of those "all depends" questions. Not all hard seats are the same, nor are all soft seats. I loved the soft pillow top seat on my 99RSV.....my 1500 Gold Wing also has what I would call a soft seat, but it hurt my butt. I have ridden on a firm seat that was very comfortable. So.....I think it depends on how the seat is formed as well as whether it is hard or soft.

The beads allow airflow, which is what keeps you from getting Monkey-Butt. If your rear end gets hot and sweaty, that's when trouble starts, whether the seat is hard or soft.

Pitbull

Have had Bead riders http://www.beadrider.com/ on my bike for a couple of summers. I just love them. In the winter you will get Ice down there if you use them. I bought them in the winter and tried them then. after about 2 mins i stopped and took them off. That was when I relized that they allow for max air circulation.

Dawg,

I am a corbin seat owner and lover. you know me that a 500 mile meet and eat is a norm. I have done the iron but with the beads and the corbin.

I bought cheap wallymart car seat beads. Works great but is wood color and doesnt look the best. I will also make the thing smaller so it fits better. But....on my seat (standard midnight seat) it took care of tail bone ache and sweaty butt. If its cool out then it would be a good time to take those off as it does get chilly on the boys!

Very comfy.

You have winter in Georgia?....What, does it drop to a bone chilling 50 degrees???????? :rotf:

Thanks for your input.

:rotf: Yeah. But it rained on me from Trinidad to Loveland in late August of last year and the beads went in the trunk!!! :cold: