IGNORED

garden question

BIG TOM

I have a 80 ft. by 60 foot garden....HOW the heck do I keep this ONE doe out of it....she travels with 7 others and they stay out and prefer to eat clover except for this one who loves the veggie flowers and tops of the plants. I've tried dog shavings and poop from my kennel, human hair, soap bars, deer repellent, veggie dust, hot pepper flakes, streamers and pie plates to no avail.....YES, I KNOW A SLUG WILL TAKE CARE OF HER BUT THATS NOT AN OPTION...(thought I'd beat you jokers to the punch).... any Ideas... she has no fear of me or the dog.....she will just jump the fence and wait 75 yards away until it gets dark out and then returns....Is there something else I can try.....ps. land mines are messy and counter productive to the garden !:bang head:

I have a 80 ft. by 60 foot garden....HOW the heck do I keep this ONE doe out of it....she travels with 7 others and they stay out and prefer to eat clover except for this one who loves the veggie flowers and tops of the plants. I've tried dog shavings and poop from my kennel, human hair, soap bars, deer repellent, veggie dust, hot pepper flakes, streamers and pie plates to no avail.....YES, I KNOW A SLUG WILL TAKE CARE OF HER BUT THATS NOT AN OPTION...(thought I'd beat you jokers to the punch).... any Ideas... she has no fear of me or the dog.....she will just jump the fence and wait 75 yards away until it gets dark out and then returns....Is there something else I can try.....ps. land mines are messy and counter productive to the garden !:bang head:

You could leave out ice-cream and hope she's lactose intolerant....

electric fence, and bb gun.......i agree. I am also having same problem. I even tried an air horn can like you put in a boat. The one I have just looked at me like I was goofy. It might work for you though. The one I have is really tame. As a fawn last year his mama got hit by a car and the neighbors raised him. He showed up at my place last fall and now he is here again. My boys were petting him the other day. The air horn might work for awhile on something less tame......

You could leave out ice-cream and hope she's lactose intolerant....

THAT AINT GONNA EVER HAPPEN...........:Im not listening to

[quote=CaptainJoe;

Caution tape around the perimeter will keep them out.(makes a sound in the wind)

So will an electric fence.

BB gun to the hind haunches...

I HAVE 2 FOOT STREEMERS AROUND THE GARDEN NOW..NO EFFECT:think:

ELECTRIC FENCE...WONT SHE JUST JUMP IT?:think:\

BBgun...garden is about 70 yards back.....will it have any effect?

Motion sensor flood light maybe? Wire a stebel up to the motion sensor.

MAYBE.....WHE I TURN ON THE LIGHTS NOW...SHE JUST IGNORES ME.:bang head:

At 70 yards a high power pellet gun will still get the point across with no permanent damage.

Around here everyone has a 10 foot high fence around their veggie gardens.

The electric fence on my uncles farm that is there to keep the cows in does not work well on the deer. They do not see the wire and when they walk into it and get zapped, their first reaction is to jump forward and they knock the wire down or break it.

Worst case a 22LR with a silencer.

This trick has worked for many and it does not cost a lot. Put posts around the garden and then buy the highest pound test fishing line you can buy. Over 150 lb. test would be great. Put it at around 42" high. If the little one's are getting in you will have to put up two lines. The lower one around 30" high.

They run into it with there chest and the line gives a little so they back up but they can't see it so they can't jump it.

It does work.

Have fun.

This trick has worked for many and it does not cost a lot. Put posts around the garden and then buy the highest pound test fishing line you can buy. Over 150 lb. test would be great. Put it at around 42" high. If the little one's are getting in you will have to put up two lines. The lower one around 30" high.

They run into it with there chest and the line gives a little so they back up but they can't see it so they can't jump it.

It does work.

Have fun.

I have a 4 ft fence around it now with little effect. Guess the pellet riffle sounds good right now. :doh:

...guy I know had the same problem....one of his girl friends worked at the zoo and got him some loin urine....said that worked great, no deer at all for as long as it lasted....i.e. rain and time....Now I don't know exactly how she got it for him...lol

...guy I know had the same problem....one of his girl friends worked at the zoo and got him some loin urine....said that worked great, no deer at all for as long as it lasted....i.e. rain and time....Now I don't know exactly how she got it for him...lol

IF LION PEE WORKS ...........Oh Rock-n-Robin......where are you?????? :rotf:

He said it did. And he lived out in the woods at the base of a mountain here where there are LOTS of deer. This guy was about half Seminole indian.....curious type of fellow but in all the years I knew him he never put no BS on me like that...

...of course the slug would be my solution since I like deer steaks better than beans...lol

LOL...I don't know about that but oddly enough I was thinking that any large predator pee should work.....but there again....don't know..only what I was told.

I can see right now...guy needs to becareful what he posts on here...lol