IGNORED

Not the brightest star in the sky!!!!!!!!

Marcarl

As some of you already know, and if you don't, you will now know, I did second gear on my 85. Well, in order to do that job I found out that you need to pull the whole motor out of the bike and then turn it upside down. I figured that it would be a smart thing to first drain out the oil, so out comes the drain plug and off comes the filter. Now the drain plug is an easy one to loose so I was really smart and put it back ASAP. The filter housing on the other hand is a messy business so after taking it off, I neatly put it upside down in the garbage can to drain out, to be retrieved and cleaned at a later date. Well that date was today, and nowhere can I find that housing or the filter itself. I have a new filter but it's somewhat useless without the cover, so now where did the old one end up??????? The best guess I've got at this point, is that seeing as I like things to be as clean as possible and that the garbage was gettiing full, I neatly put a garbage bag over the can, turned it upside down, tied it up and sent it off to never never land where they are building a big heap of other leftovers. Yep my filter cover is gone, gone, gone. Now I need another, but where to find such a thing, I thinking maybe there be someone around who would quietly send me one so that the whole world won't find out how smart I can sometimes be.

Gee, I wonder if Fred in Pahrump gets on the site very often. He might not take it too kindly to me calling his 1.?? acres a wrecking yard. Anyway, if you gave him a call, he'd probable give you one, you just pay the shipping. 775-751-2169. I've been to his place a couple of times when I've visited Las Vegas. Out in no mans land 60+ miles SW of Vegas. I think he's got over 300,000 miles on his 84 trike now?? :thumbsup2:

Well Carl, just so you don't feel like you're the only idiot around here. I bought a new L.E.D. tail light for my bike last fall just before my accident. The first weekend I got parole from the hospital I opened the package and checked out the new light and was planning to take it out to the shop to store it for some future RSV (which I now have put a deposit on). Well guess what, it's no where to be found. I remember putting the excess packaging aside to be put out for the recycle and I'm guessing that I may have set the light itself in the same spot and then forgot about taking it out to the shop. So it probably has been recycled into new plastic water bottles or something by now.

I gots a spare too...

Now why would you have a spare ? In case of what ??

Carl I thought you had a Blonde parts bike in back half of your shop ?? Is that bike missing one too. ? :stirthepot::rotf:

Glad I never mis place anything. Oh wait you have been in my Garage. :rotf:

Brad

I gots a spare too...

Now why would you have a spare ? In case of what ??

I'm just wondering what hre calls a spare. The last time I seen him he had, or tried to put a belt around it.

Carl I thought you had a Blonde parts bike in back half of your shop ?? Is that bike missing one too. ? :stirthepot::rotf:

Glad I never mis place anything. Oh wait you have been in my Garage. :rotf:

Brad

Yes, I checked out Blondie and she does have what it takes, but the oil would all come running out if I took it off, and then the owner would become suspicious. And no, I'm not about to change his oil either, it's too fresh in my mind what happens when you go to change the oil. Not changing the oil no more,,,,ever,,,,,,well ?????????

Thanks to Freebird a replacement is on the way and his greenhouse is going to look a little cleaner.