IGNORED

Stick-On Bifocals - Product Review

RedRider

Being a bit over 50, I need to wear cheaters to read. I had a problem reading the text on the GPS and/or notes in the tank bag window. Did some searching and found stick-on bifocals. Tested them while riding the MN1000 last weekend.

I was shocked and amazed at how well these did. Found the Hydrotac brand from Amazon and order a couple of pairs. Stuck one at the bottom of my face shield an inch or so right of center (I am right eye dominant). While looking forward, I don't notice it. When I want to view the GPS, just look down and the GPS is crystal clear. Want to look at tank bag notes/map, tilt your head a bit and it is like wearing cheaters. 100% satisfied. It stayed on while riding with the face shield up. It stayed on while wiping the inside of the face shield to remove streaks. Had to move it once and it was easy to remove and reapply, but won't fall off. It is about the size of a 50 cent piece cut in half. Highly recommend.

Available in all strengths. http://tinyurl.com/olxjtab

RR

Myself I solved the issue with bifocal biker style sunglasses off ebay. They come in all strengths and colors. Ever since having my cataracts removed my distance is 20/20 but need reading glasses. Your solution for people still needing glasses looks perfect!

I have been using Bearkat safety glass's for several years now. Can be purchased at Amazon, Fastenal or Granger. You can get different strengths but they are usually not in stock. If you order from Fastenal or Granger you should be able to get them over night and not have to pay for shipping. I have tinted for day and clear for night. Never leave home without them!

:080402gudl_prv:

I used to get the sunglasses with the reader at the bottom.

That was before I found out I am nearly blind in one eye and cant hear out of the other one....

I never knew that I could not see until the eye doc told me so.

Now I just wear my trifocals all the time so I can see everything.:backinmyday:

I used to get the sunglasses with the reader at the bottom.

That was before I found out I am nearly blind in one eye and cant hear out of the other one....

I never knew that I could not see until the eye doc told me so.

Now I just wear my trifocals all the time so I can see everything.:backinmyday:

Me too!!!

I have bought a pair or 2 of the reader safety glasses or sunglasses. They just dont seem to be very clear in the nonreader part. Things sort of distorted looking. I have used the stick on reader things in a couple pairs of sunglasses and they work decent. Thing is you have to get them aligned just right for your glance down to read or it takes you a little head tilting or closing one eye to get focused. Over all for a couple bucks it aint bad.