IGNORED

electric Harley?

SapperMedic

Saw this on Yahoo this morning, I have tried the Zero Motorcycles before and they are a rocketship for short rides and enduros and such. I wouldn't want to ride one on the freeway though and I think that is what Harley is looking at. I wish them well, although where do you get louder pipes for an electric bike?:rotf:

http://news.yahoo.com/harley-davidson-introduces-electric-motorcycle-115943100.html

if it doesn't leak oil, the Harley diehards will not buy it.

On the other hand, they can save a bunch of money by buying a smaller, lighter pickup truck to haul it around in.

Perhaps something like this Suzuki:

all joking aside, I give credit for Harley for looking at the long term, sure we joke about it now and I'm sure the Harley guys are not going to embrace it, but it's a start. We may look back at this in 10-15 years remember this as the first mass market electric bike from a main stream manufacturer. Innovation is more "Cool" than bike brand loyalty

Well you can cut it up all you want but someone is going to make it happen. It just as well be Harley. I would buy one for a commuter bike to work and around town to do errands. Then I could save my RSV from all the dust I get on it in the parking lot at work and weekend rides. There is only two draw backs. #1 I will be retired before it gets to market. #2 it would have to do 80 MPH or I would get run over by some nut.:rotf:

Well well well, look what the ole Harley guys have done in the past year. First they break their own mold and bring a water cooled touring bike to the market, and it has been wildly successful. Now they're raising the ante and inroducing an electric bike? I applaud them.

Don't you think Honda, Kawi, and Yammy let out a simultaneous UH OH? An electric sport bike looking machine would appear to be right in the middle of these 3's wheel houses, but Harley beat them to the punch. That's funny.

Guest tx2sturgis
Well well well, look what the ole Harley guys have done in the past year. First they break their own mold and bring a water cooled touring bike to the market, and it has been wildly successful. Now they're raising the ante and inroducing an electric bike? I applaud them.

Don't you think Honda, Kawi, and Yammy let out a simultaneous UH OH? An electric sport bike looking machine would appear to be right in the middle of these 3's wheel houses, but Harley beat them to the punch. That's funny.

I would assume they already knew about it. An electric bike with associated electronic components probably sourced in China, Japan, and elsewhere along the Pacific Rim, will have surely had a few leaks of information.

Somewhere in a small room a couple of years ago, all the big execs sat around and hashed out who would be the guinea pig...who's name would be painted on the.....'gas tank'......

HD lost the coin toss.

:moon:

well they are right about it retaining Harley DNA 55-kW electric motor that produces 75 hp

they could have made it fast but hay that wouldn't be in the Harley tradition lol :stirthepot::mytruck: will be plenty of this i fell to lol another Harley tradition :rotf::rotf::rotf: