IGNORED

Venture Yamaha Jack Lift Adapter

Guest dogstyle

Has anyone purchased one of these jack lift adapters on Ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250061483716

I was thinking of making the wooden one, but this looks stronger?:confused24:

dog one of our members here make one check this out

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1509&highlight=jack+lift

Looks like a good deal to me. They state that it is made from 1 1/4 inch tubing, 11ga thickness. That translates to 1/8" thick tubing, which is more than strong enough for this application.

The seller has a 100% positive rating, too. I guess if you're in the market, this would be a good one.

Yeah Monsta. Go with the one Carbone One makes. Not only is it much more secure but if you need to leave it up for a few days get the type with the legs and you dont even need the jack under it. I hate leaving the jack under because it it tough to get the lock bars off to get it back down. Larrys one is much easier to use. I didnt want to spend the money either but Im very glad I did!!!

Has anyone purchased one of these jack lift adapters on Ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250061483716

I was thinking of making the wooden one, but this looks stronger?:confused24:

I can't say for sure but, it looks like a stolen idea with marketing plan. Unless this is Carbon One in disguise, I believe that we have a copy-cat situation here!

Dog :buttkick:

Well guys I guess it had to happen sooner or later when you have a product as good as mine is. No this seller isn't me in disguise. This seller has copied my idea to the "T" it appears. So he is either a member here or someone from the Delphi fourm Royal Star Venture & Tour Deluxe who has taken my design and is now making and selling them on E-Bay.

As to this being 'half the price' that is debateable. My prices including shipping and pay pal fees if used. So that being said the guy is undercutting me by $5. or less as it costs me about $3 in fees at Pay Pal with shipping charges varying dependant on the shipped distance from Michigan.

As noted I have added the freestanding version as requested by several members. Wonder how long the copy cat will take to latch onto that one too? :mad: Oh well I have no patient rights on it so that being said I'm out of luck if someone copies my ideas.

For those who have purchased my adapter to date I thank each and every one of you. To those who are considering buying one I hope you will consider buying from me as a fellow member here.

I have made a couple changes in how I'm currently building mine from the previous ones sold. One was to reduce weight to make them easier to put on & off and at the same time hold costs down for raw materials and shipping. Nothing lost in the strength or quality of my adapters between the newer ones and the early ones. Other changes I'm making I will keep to myself for now.

One other thing I'll mention before closing on this subject is that I have told Don before that I will be donating an adapter to be given away. I'm going to make that one as a special edition model. It will probably be given out at the International Rally this next July.

Thanks for all the support from you guys.

Larry

Well Larry, after reading your response as well the others I can now answer my own question.

Yours is undoubtly different! :happy34: The owner and designer makes all the difference. :D :D

The price (although now irrelevent) is much closer than I first looked as I was comparing his to your free-standing model price and not factoring in S/H with his where I was with you better model.

Bottom line is...I'll be getting my adapter from YOU after Christmas. :happy34:

Now I gotta something with this centerstand I just bought! :bang head: :hihi:

Monsta, Its easy enough to put on and take off the centerstand. I bought the lift adapter but its easier for oil changes to just use the center stand to get the level right. Im using both! Both have a purpose. I usually put my bike in the sir for a few weeks in January but unless something breaks I dont put it up until the next winter. I use the center stand for the regular work that I want the bike straight up for but dont need it off the ground. Keep both!

I tell ya...that center stand I got just feels flimsy to me. Plus, I think it is slightly bent as my bike leans a bit to one side when I use it. Oh well...

I like the adapter and shoulda bought that instead since I already have an ATV lift but I didn't. :bang head: I've already scraped it a number of times when cranked over trying to get rid of my chicken strips.

Is the oil level not accurate when the adapter is used? Is the bike somehow not level?

I tell ya...that center stand I got just feels flimsy to me. Plus, I think it is slightly bent as my bike leans a bit to one side when I use it. Oh well...

I like the adapter and shoulda bought that instead since I already have an ATV lift but I didn't. :bang head: I've already scraped it a number of times when cranked over trying to get rid of my chicken strips.

Is the oil level not accurate when the adapter is used? Is the bike somehow not level?

Monsta to answer your question about the bike being level when using the adapter. YES. But the floor has to be level as well as is in most cases I would think.So if you jack up the bike with the adapter on, regardless how much, it'll be as level as your floor is.

I had thought of getting a centerstand for my bike once just to be able to check oil levels quicker. But since having an adapter I really feel no need for one now. Sure I bet I could use one on say a trip.

Larry

I bought one of Carbon One's Freestanding adaptors, and am very pleased with it. Setting the bike down on the adaptor's legs makes the bike very stable, and allows you to get the lift out of the way. I recommend you spring a little more cash and get the Freestanding unit.

:wow:If we follow Monsta's link to chicken strips, the last sentences say "Chicken strips" can also be caused by commuting, lack of "twisties" riding, doing numerous/repeated burnouts or, to a lesser extent, wheelies. They may be seen as evidence of "squidly" behaviour."

From what I've seen and as far as I can tell, there's not a dad-blamed, gul-durned thing wrong with "Squidley" behavior!!! :beer:

Carbon_One ,

If I may be bold to ask , " How long have you had this invention on the market ?" . If it has not been over a year since you sold the first unit , you are still eligible to patent your invention . After a year , it becomes community property . If you choose to proceed in a patent , apply for a "Provisional Patent" first . This will be the least expensive for the first year . If the invention makes enough $$ to pay for itself , then you apply for the full "Patent" . If you apply first for the "Patent" , you can legally brand it "Patent Pending " and either place a stop and desist order , or possible make anyone whom violates your patent pay a royalty or damages .

If it has been over a year and you have made new improvements , I would patent the most advanced model to prevent anyone else from infringing on your ideas .

Just a thought to protect your investment .

Gene

Carbon_One ,

If I may be bold to ask , " How long have you had this invention on the market ?" . If it has not been over a year since you sold the first unit , you are still eligible to patent your invention . After a year , it becomes community property . If you choose to proceed in a patent , apply for a "Provisional Patent" first . This will be the least expensive for the first year . If the invention makes enough $$ to pay for itself , then you apply for the full "Patent" . If you apply first for the "Patent" , you can legally brand it "Patent Pending " and either place a stop and desist order , or possible make anyone whom violates your patent pay a royalty or damages .

If it has been over a year and you have made new improvements , I would patent the most advanced model to prevent anyone else from infringing on your ideas .

Gene

Thanks for the heads up Beer30. I think it's been less than a year since I first made the standard model. I didn't go public selling any until Sept of this year so you may well be right about me having some recourse here. Defineately the freestanding version was brought out withing the last month or two.

I had my drawing on the site here as well as Bill04's version prior the the sites crash. In fact Bill added legs to my version of adapter before I offered any to sell. So not a totaly original idea there.

I will do some checking on this avenue that you've brought up and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Larry

Carbon_One ,

Gene

Hmmmm, not to be contentious, but my understanding of Patent law differs from yours. I had a product that I developed and considered patenting. After doing several days of research on patent law, I learned a lot....and decided that patenting my product wasn't worth the money and effort. According to what I learned, once a product is released for public sale without first applying for at least a provisional patent, it is no longer able to be patented. The key is "released to the public". Once that occurs, patenting is no longer available.

Even with a patent you have very little protection. On an item like this, all a competitor has to do is implement a change or improvement, and they can get their own patent.

In the end, you need to talk to a patent lawyer to really get a definitive answer. Good luck!

Joe

Hmmmm, not to be contentious, but my understanding of Patent law differs from yours. I had a product that I developed and considered patenting. After doing several days of research on patent law, I learned a lot....and decided that patenting my product wasn't worth the money and effort. According to what I learned, once a product is released for public sale without first applying for at least a provisional patent, it is no longer able to be patented. The key is "released to the public". Once that occurs, patenting is no longer available.

Even with a patent you have very little protection. On an item like this, all a competitor has to do is implement a change or improvement, and they can get their own patent.

In the end, you need to talk to a patent lawyer to really get a definitive answer. Good luck!

Joe

We arent the public. Well sort of. We are research and development. Test bed for pre marketing. Thats my story.

Seriously Larry, How many of these do you have out? I would think there is still a chance to get tha patent and since the other guy has it on ebay that shows advertisement so we know under those rules he cant patent your idea now. Make a small modification and say we have prototypes if asked. I would persue it. You have a great product and Idea!!!