Another one

Marcarl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't put CB on the list, simply because it don't come with one, and for the cost of it,,, I'm real Dutch. Will have to come up with another solution,,, maybe I'll take 'Talks-a-lot' along.

Hey Carl If you want a small compact CB for that I might be able to help you out with that. Sometimes when guys trade their trucks in they want a new CB to go with their new truck so they just leave the old one behind and most times they are cobra's. and sometimes neat little compact ones. Say the word and I will keep an eye out for one.

By the way Congrats on the new ride. After our last discussion I pretty much got the idea it would be sooner rather than later, can't wait to see it.

Hey Carl If you want a small compact CB for that I might be able to help you out with that. Sometimes when guys trade their trucks in they want a new CB to go with their new truck so they just leave the old one behind and most times they are cobra's. and sometimes neat little compact ones. Say the word and I will keep an eye out for one.

By the way Congrats on the new ride. After our last discussion I pretty much got the idea it would be sooner rather than later, can't wait to see it.

I might have to go with Talks-A-Lot, so you might have to ride with me more often.

Rotten thing about these animals is that the intercom is integrated with the CB,,, so OEM, no CB-no intercom. So I'll need something like a JMCB2003 to make that work,, but now the question is hoe to integrate that into the radio system already in place. I seen one on line, but have no idea who it was that posted the picture, so dead-ended so far.

If I were to buy a new JMCB that would be about $600, and then they have a stupid price on some short cords so that the price is just about the same as getting the CB from Canam,,,, I'm shot no matter which way I go,,, but we do want the intercom.

So looking for suggestions.

I think we should all sign it at Carl's VentuerIn. But can he still call it that? :think: Perhaps Marcarl's SpyderIn is more appropriate. :whistling: Or Marcarl's What Ever You Ridein! :stickpoke:Or Marcarl's I'm Lonly and need CompanyIn?

:dancefool:

Ok, I have been busy with work and training so I have had not much time to think about this but, there is only one appropriate name for it now.

--Carl's FREE steak BBQ -- :backinmyday:

--grill it and we will come-- :dancefool:

:fatsmiley:

Just talked to JM corp. They informed me that they have tried a number of different combinations and have had no luck getting to work well. One of their top dogs has a Spyder and they tried to hook up the JMCB2003, but gave up.

Does this sound real or does it sound like CanAm pressure?

I might have to go with Talks-A-Lot, so you might have to ride with me more often.
The riding part I can do ------The Talks-A-lot will depend on wether or not I can get a word in edge-wise :confused24::whistling:

Just talked to JM corp. They informed me that they have tried a number of different combinations and have had no luck getting to work well. One of their top dogs has a Spyder and they tried to hook up the JMCB2003, but gave up.

Does this sound real or does it sound like CanAm pressure?

What about Scala Rider. :think:

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider

Edited by saddlebum

If your thinking going the bluetooth way, we picked up a set of uclear intercoms, no boom mic, so far ours have worked great, I even have a set of earbuds for when I am wearing the shorty helmet and I can talk and be heard while doing around 100km. For those of you that have ridden with me that is going fast for this guy.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that you've had it a while.... what is your opinion Carl ?

800km so far.

I've had it just over a week and it's not been good for riding.

22L of gas got me to the 320km mark,,, so far so good.

I love the color.

When I step on the brake pedal, it stops, when I jamb the pedal it stops a LOT quicker!!!!

When I twist the throttle, I'm outta there,,, now try to catch me!

When I see a corner it's behind me before I realize it,,, I got to hang on so tight,,, not really, but it is different.

Marca likes it.

Marca likes the color.

Carl likes the color.

Everybody else is just jealous of the color.

It doesn't have a CB or intercom,,,, yet!

It goes like a scared rabbit.

The lights are awesome,, but could use a couple more,, but no worries,,, Bob is on his way over and I might borrow a couple.

It needs a bit more chrome,,, also available on Saturday,, I think.

I like the color.

I have to get off to fill the tank,,, that's good, I need the exercise.

It's got 3 wheels, 6 speed & true reverse, cruise, 4 way flashers, signal lights, fog lights, running lights, fender lights, moveable windshield, radio with 4 speakers, heated grips, heated grab bars, adjustable rear suspension, (on the go), trip meters, fuel gauge, temp gauge, tach, low fuel warning light, parking brake, theft deterrent, trunk, frunk, and 2 saddle bags, performance mode, eco mode, abs brakes, belt drive, trailer hitch, back-up lights, but would you believe, it doesn't come with an intercom or CB,,, now who would have thought of that, they have taken a page from Yamaha with their cassette deck so I feel right at home,,, almost.

And oh ya,, almost forgot,,,, I like the color.

800km so far.

I've had it just over a week and it's not been good for riding.

22L of gas got me to the 320km mark,,, so far so good.

I love the color.

When I step on the brake pedal, it stops, when I jamb the pedal it stops a LOT quicker!!!!

When I twist the throttle, I'm outta there,,, now try to catch me!

When I see a corner it's behind me before I realize it,,, I got to hang on so tight,,, not really, but it is different.

Marca likes it.

Marca likes the color.

Carl likes the color.

Everybody else is just jealous of the color.

It doesn't have a CB or intercom,,,, yet!

It goes like a scared rabbit.

The lights are awesome,, but could use a couple more,, but no worries,,, Bob is on his way over and I might borrow a couple.

It needs a bit more chrome,,, also available on Saturday,, I think.

I like the color.

I have to get off to fill the tank,,, that's good, I need the exercise.

It's got 3 wheels, 6 speed & true reverse, cruise, 4 way flashers, signal lights, fog lights, running lights, fender lights, moveable windshield, radio with 4 speakers, heated grips, heated grab bars, adjustable rear suspension, (on the go), trip meters, fuel gauge, temp gauge, tach, low fuel warning light, parking brake, theft deterrent, trunk, frunk, and 2 saddle bags, performance mode, eco mode, abs brakes, belt drive, trailer hitch, back-up lights, but would you believe, it doesn't come with an intercom or CB,,, now who would have thought of that, they have taken a page from Yamaha with their cassette deck so I feel right at home,,, almost.

And oh ya,, almost forgot,,,, I like the color.

Sooo what your saying is your kinda ok about the colour, but really miss the cassette deck.

Sounds like your having some fun there Carl, we all expect a complete review on Saturday.

Mike.

I love the color. (not important)....

Marca likes the color. (MOST important - and that she has no trouble getting on)

Carl likes the color. (not important)

Everybody else is just jealous of the color. (not important)

.... trailer hitch...

I like the color. (not important)

Did you get the matching trailer?

SOoooooooooooooooooo ..................Why haven't you been down to my place with it then since you are putting so many miles on it??????????????????????? :buttkick:

Where is it that you live again???

The Venture knew the way,,,, but Spyder has to learn all them things yet,,,, slowly we is being trained.

Did you get the matching trailer?

TRAILER?????,,, was I supposed to get a trailer with it too,,, they didn't say that, and it wasn't hooked up, so I never thought!!!,,, darn, I hope it's still there and they haven't pawned it off on somebody else.

Where is it that you live again???

The Venture knew the way,,,, but Spyder has to learn all them things yet,,,, slowly we is being trained.

OH, and maybe your just afraid to ride it too far from home!! :witch_brew: OR your afraid my missus will want a ride on it!!!! :think:

Already has a trailer the hitch he has should pull it with ease just not sure about the rear tire handling the weight :think:

Brad

Now you just be careful wit ur words,,, them kind could get u into reeeeal trouble!!!