Thread Killer championship

Dragonslayer

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thread Killer Champion does get it's own badge, right? What's it look like. Bidding is not over.

Like the Venture'In Host & Exceptional member.

Would be nice if we got a special icon for ST. Judes donations. High bidder on significant auctions would get one.

Gary

Edited by dingy

Thread Killer Champion does get it's own badge, right? What's it look like. Bidding is not over.

Like the Venture'In Host & Exceptional member.

Would be nice if we got a special icon for ST. Judes donations. High bidder on significant auctions would get one.

Gary

:12101: The D.G.M. thinks that is a good idea, but not knowing how to go about that would have to leave it up to someone else to design and install a St.Jude/ Thread Killer Badge.:thumbsup2:

:12101:The D.G.M. realizing that the bidding has jumped to an amount to rich for some peoples blood offers a new twist to the competition that should sweeten the pot. :lightbulb: This new twist should allow others to play on whatever level they feel comfortable.

Say you would like to contribute but not at the level of the highest bidder you can sponsor a current bidder by stating "I would like to increase the bid of (add current bidders name here) by $??.?? US. Bringing the total bid to $???.??"

At the end of the competition the current bidder with the highest accumulated bid wins.

I think it would be perfectly acceptable for any bidders to solicit and politic for pledges from any VR members or outside contributors interested in bidding for the St. Jude cause.

So far the current bidders are, in order of highest bids :

Currently as of 5/2/2014:

Dingy $200.00 + Puc's $40.00 = $240.00

Aussie Annie $150.00 US

Sleeper Hawk $100.00

Dragonslayer AKA D.G.M. $60.00 + Bongo's $20.00= $80.00

Bongobobny $55.00

AKRefugee $50.00

Cowpuc aka Pucster $40.00

However, to keep track of the bidding it is important that all bidding be done on this thread so no one gets confused by there being open bidding on multiple threads.

Edited by Dragonslayer

:12101:The D.G.M. welcomes and encourages all interested parties to form a Syndicate Alliance by contributing to the accumulated bid of Dragonslayer aka the D.G.M.

Current bid now stands at $60.00

You should support me because:

1. It was my idea in the first place to start the THREAD KILLER CHAMPIONSHIP thread.

2. I too am a nice guy.

3. It was my idea to make it a fund raiser thread for St. Judes.

4. I need the badge recognition because I have only one badge for Patriot Guard even though I have supported many causes on the VR and attended many M&Es.

5. I am a fine upstanding member of the VR community in good standing with only a few off color remarks blemishing my good name.

Edited by Dragonslayer

4. I need the badge recognition because I have only one badge for Patriot Guard even though I have supported many causes on the VR and attended many M&Es.

I think you, Yammer Dan & Cowpuc should get a post-a-horus badge just for keeping sites statistics up this winter.

Do all members of winning alliance receive badges?

What is cutoff date & time for bidding?

:confused24:

Gary

I think you, Yammer Dan & Cowpuc should get a post-a-horus badge just for keeping sites statistics up this winter.

Gary

Since I am a current bidder it would not be fair for me to determine due to a possible conflict of interest. I think Freebird should decide on the badges and B2Mom should set the time on May 17th (also Armed Forces Day) for the competition to end to correspond with the fish fry and raffles.

Gary

While being a note worthy idea Gary and I THANK YOU for it, I would prefer that any amount of time, effort, money and thought that someone is going to put forth into doing such a thing on my personal behalf be deferred into a donation being made to St. Judes.. I would rather have someone just get a St. Judes shirt from DragonRider, make a donation thru B2Mom or just stick a dollar in the mail directly to St. Judes (just occurred to me, if every member of our site did that just think of what it would mean to those kids,, hmmmmmmm) and forget any special recognition on my behalf!!

As for me, just being associated with rascals like yourself and all my other family on here is good enough!! Getting to pick on the likes of YammerDan and pray for Skid, lockin horns with Bongobob, seeing the painting on B2Dads trike, watching Annie smile while riding her HD n givin me a sticker from OZ, having Freebird help out like he has, sitting and chatting with Sandman, getting snowed in by the Fool, being offered a great deal on a 1st Gen by - I wont say, making QuickStep laugh so hard he couldnt help but post a :rotf:over a comment I made - he never posts - I was HONORED, watchin Fozzie Bear explode into a frenzy, having Dana insist on us camping on their site, having access to Ventureous's tranny knowledge, makin friends with Ben, being invited to ride with the Dalles Boys by Lone Eagle, having Venturefar make an extra name tag for Tweeks, having CMCoffee and BikerJohn invite me to camp and tell stories with em, having folks I dont even know contact me and tell me I can camp in their yard on my cross country madness anytime I want, having access to all the great ride stories others have written and having people tell me how much they enjoy my own, having folks like "Buddy" and "OldGoat" constantly click the "thank you" icon on posts I have made - didnt think I noticed that did ya guys, listening to Barrycuda's stories, standing shoulder to shoulder with my like named friend "Cowboy", getting to make all the new friends again this year,, the list goes on and on and on and on,, is truly all the recogition I can stand:rotf::rotf::rotf:

As far as the other questions,, that DGM is gonna hafta answer those,,, he's the organizer,, I'm the :stirthepot: :rotf:

Thanks for the compliment Gary!!

Puc

While being a note worthy idea Gary and I THANK YOU for it, I would prefer that any amount of time, effort, money and thought that someone is going to put forth into doing such a thing on my personal behalf be deferred into a donation being made to St. Judes.. I would rather have someone just get a St. Judes shirt from DragonRider, make a donation thru B2Mom or just stick a dollar in the mail directly to St. Judes (just occurred to me, if every member of our site did that just think of what it would mean to those kids,, hmmmmmmm) and forget any special recognition on my behalf!!

As for me, just being associated with rascals like yourself and all my other family on here is good enough!! Getting to pick on the likes of YammerDan and pray for Skid, lockin horns with Bongobob, seeing the painting on B2Dads trike, watching Annie smile while riding her HD n givin me a sticker from OZ, having Freebird help out like he has, sitting and chatting with Sandman, getting snowed in by the Fool, being offered a great deal on a 1st Gen by - I wont say, making QuickStep laugh so hard he couldnt help but post a :rotf:over a comment I made - he never posts - I was HONORED, watchin Fozzie Bear explode into a frenzy, having Dana insist on us camping on their site, having access to Ventureous's tranny knowledge, makin friends with Ben, being invited to ride with the Dalles Boys by Lone Eagle, having Venturefar make an extra name tag for Tweeks, having CMCoffee and BikerJohn invite me to camp and tell stories with em, having folks I dont even know contact me and tell me I can camp in their yard on my cross country madness anytime I want, having access to all the great ride stories others have written and having people tell me how much they enjoy my own, having folks like "Buddy" and "OldGoat" constantly click the "thank you" icon on posts I have made - didnt think I noticed that did ya guys, listening to Barrycuda's stories, standing shoulder to shoulder with my like named friend "Cowboy", getting to make all the new friends again this year,, the list goes on and on and on and on,, is truly all the recogition I can stand:rotf::rotf::rotf:

As far as the other questions,, that DGM is gonna hafta answer those,,, he's the organizer,, I'm the :stirthepot: :rotf:

Thanks for the compliment Gary!!

Puc

I see how this is going to go. Pucster is playing the humble, nobel card for donations. So if you want to play hardball.

Well, children and animals (except squirrels) love me.

I currently own 5 St.Jude T-shirts, 2 St Judes hats and 2 St.Judes pins. How many do you own Puc?

I've attended 5 Vogels invested a fortune in raffle tickets and never won more than a grab bag.

I once saved a cat from a burning building.

I kiss babes even when I'm not politicking.

It was my original idea for the Pay-it-forward forum.

oh yea, and I gave blood today... Did you Pucster?