Thread Killer championship

Dragonslayer

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like this thread has went to discussing religion and will be closed before I get to kill it.

Looks like me and kids at St Jude are winners !!

:thumbsup2:

Gary

Dont worry Gary,, those sneaky moderators aint about to close this thread over a little sunday school lesson.. DragonSlayer is wayyyy to crafty for em.. He (and others) have done tried every other nasty trick in the book to get this puppy closed,, bribery, politics, threats, name callin,, even beggin em and NOTHING worked.. Knowing DragonSlayer, I have a hunch he planned it this way - the heart of St. Judes beats in his heart!!

Soooo,, here's where we are..

Puc looks around the auction room,, amazed at all the discussion taking place about what that meek young lady and the originator of this auction have proposed.. He looks back over at his shadow and sees his shadow smiling at him.. That Bongobob,, he isnt really a bad guy,, just likes to needle people,, kinda like Puc himself..... He smiles back at Bongo and then turns and looks across the Auditorium.. His eyes are searching for the high bidder of the Auction at this point...

Before the auction got side tracked Puc swears he heard someone mention a high bid of $200.. Thats the person his eyes are searching for.... He grins back at Bongo as he approaches the high bidder at this point,,, reaches over and pats the bidder on the shoulder,, a likeable chap named Dingy..

Puc says "Dingy,, I really like your attitude,, you stepped right up and bid $200 bucks toward helping these kids in trouble,, I like that,, ya know what,, I am gonna kick my $40 bid into your pot to help guarentee you get crowned as "Master Thread Killer"...

Then Puc looks back at Bongo and smiles an evil little smile that only Bongo himself could possibly understand...

Dingy,, heres to the winners,, those PRECIOUS little ones and the official MASTER THREAD KILLER - DINGY!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

DragonSlayer,, your a genius!!:backinmyday:

Everybody else,,, ya'll aint gonna take this laying down are ya?:stirthepot:

:12101:The D.G.M. realizing that the bidding has jumped to an amount to rich for some peoples blood offers a new twist to the competition that should sweeten the pot. :lightbulb: This new twist should allow others to play on whatever level they feel comfortable.

Say you would like to contribute but not at the level of the highest bidder you can sponsor a current bidder by stating "I would like to increase the bid of (add current bidders name here) by $??.?? US. Bringing the total bid to $???.??"

At the end of the competition the current bidder with the highest accumulated bid wins.

I think it would be perfectly acceptable for any bidders to solicit and politic for pledges from any VR members or outside contributors interested in bidding for the St. Jude cause.

So far the current bidders are, in order of highest bids :

Currently as of 5/2/2014:

Dingy $200.00 + Puc's $40.00 = $240.00

Aussie Annie $150.00 US

Sleeper Hawk $100.00

Dragonslayer AKA D.G.M. $60.00 + Bongo's $20.00= $80.00

Bongobobny $55.00

AKRefugee $50.00

Cowpuc aka Pucster $40.00

However, to keep track of the bidding it is important that all bidding be done on this thread so no one gets confused by there being open bidding on multiple threads.

Don't make me get my tambourine and collection plate out.

To whoever wins this Threadkiller, I will send them A Cruisin' for St. Jude Shirt, Pin, Hat, and Blanket. I will see if I can have something added to the blanket showing who won and the action taken to win it.

Woke up this morning to find that this thread fell to page 2. It can't die yet we got to keep it alive until May 17 when it will officially be executed by the Boss.

To whoever wins this Threadkiller, I will send them A Cruisin' for St. Jude Shirt, Pin, Hat, and Blanket. I will see if I can have something added to the blanket showing who won and the action taken to win it.

Tell ya one thing there Dragon Rider,,,, if I were Dingy (current leader in the auction),, I 'd be getting a little nervous because of that revelation...:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Tell ya one thing there Dragon Rider,,,, if I were Dingy (current leader in the auction),, I 'd be getting a little nervous because of that revelation...:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Mr. Cowpuc,

Dingy don't get nervous, Dingy isn't going to shave his head to win.

Dingy has thrown down the gauntlet. See thread linked below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=834784&posted=1#post834784

Any one that would like to switch their allegiance to Team Dingy may do so at any time.

:sign I win:

Gary

Mr. Cowpuc,

Any one that would like to switch their allegiance to Team Dingy may do so at any time.

Gary

I knew it,, I JUST KNEW IT,,, this guy Dingy is the real deal!!!!!! ROCK AND ROLL BIG GUY!! Come one come all,,, theres room for everyone on TEAM DINGY!!!!!:thumbsup:

Gary,, that is AWESOME!!!!! Makes me proud to be on your team Mr. Master Thread Killer!!

Puc

Mr. Cowpuc,

Gary

:12101:Curses Foiled Again, I gave all my first gen parts to Gawildkat when I sold them my 1st Gen.:doh:

:12101:The D.G.M. realizing that the bidding has jumped to an amount to rich for some peoples blood offers a new twist to the competition that should sweeten the pot. :lightbulb: This new twist should allow others to play on whatever level they feel comfortable.

Say you would like to contribute but not at the level of the highest bidder you can sponsor a current bidder by stating "I would like to increase the bid of (add current bidders name here) by $??.?? US. Bringing the total bid to $???.??"

At the end of the competition the current bidder with the highest accumulated bid wins.

I think it would be perfectly acceptable for any bidders to solicit and politic for pledges from any VR members or outside contributors interested in bidding for the St. Jude cause.

So far the current bidders are, in order of highest bids :

Currently as of 5/2/2014:

Dingy $200.00 + Puc's $40.00 + Auction items $280 = $520.00

Aussie Annie $150.00 US

Sleeper Hawk $100.00

Dragonslayer AKA D.G.M. $60.00 + Bongo's $20.00= $80.00

Bongobobny $55.00

AKRefugee $50.00

Cowpuc aka Pucster $40.00

However, to keep track of the bidding it is important that all bidding be done on this thread so no one gets confused by there being open bidding on multiple threads.

Team Dingy has another $230 committed from parts auctions.

Total at this point is $520 for some children that need this money more than a lot of us do.

High bidders at this point are:

Adventurer 08: $80

JohnT: $30

Tooch: $25

Ragtop69GS: $20

86er: $45

Stickhandle2: $30

Ground-Hugger: $50

See items for auction at link below. 100% of funds raised go to St. Judes fund !!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=834977#post834977

Rest of you guys are trying right ?? Sandbagging till the last minute is not fair.

:sign cmon:

Don't tell the kids you have given up this early.

Gary

Edited by dingy
Another item bid on !!

You and your cohorts are AWESOME!!! WOW!!!

That is an awesome amount $385.00. I can't thank everything enough for this fundraising effort. I know it's not over...I KNOW there will be some more bids...but kudos to everyone!

said the meek and mild young lady....(no giggling!!)

I can only guess you amateur thread killers are out scouring the streets for donations!

Been over a day since there has been so much as a whimper from you guys.

Last minute posting of mass contributions will be frowned on by the Grand PooPaw.

Give me a target to beat unless you have given up.

:icon_lurker:

Gary

I can only guess you amateur thread killers are out scouring the streets for donations!

Last minute posting of mass contributions will be frowned on by the Grand PooPaw.

Gary

TEAM DINGY HAS GOT EM ON THE ROPES GARY!!! :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

aint nuttin makes me feel better than being on da WINNING team!!!!:backinmyday::backinmyday:

Let's imagine that by some stoke of marketing prowess, I hit $750.

What say you all we include the "Why" thread in this killing.

That would bring joy to many members hearts !!

I submit that the D.G.M. look into the ability to accomplishing this task.

Gary

Gary

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: We're just humbled by your magnificence and do not know how to respond.......We are so unworthy.

Alright, Not only will I shave my head for donations I'll shave my legs...........:doh:

Come on bidders help me out here...... I'm getting my A$$ kicked here:crying:

Let's imagine that by some stoke of marketing prowess, I hit $750.

What say you all we include the "Why" thread in this killing.

That would bring joy to many members hearts !!

I submit that the D.G.M. look into the ability to accomplishing this task.

Gary

:12101:The D.G.M. thinks this is a great idea :thumbsup2:because he is sick and tired of the "Why" thread. :thumbdown:

However, it aint his thread. We need to get permission from someone to kill it.

I really am surprised that there are no more donations. Maybe it's really time to kill these threads of no one is interested in them anymore.

You don't have to top anyone's bid here...just donate a few dollars to any one of these guys. It benefits the kids at St. Jude's! Have you ever toured the place? Or toured Ronald McDonald house? It will definitely tug your heartstrings.

i really am surprised that there are no more donations. Maybe it's really time to kill these threads of no one is interested in them anymore.

You don't have to top anyone's bid here...just donate a few dollars to any one of these guys. It benefits the kids at st. Jude's! Have you ever toured the place? Or toured ronald mcdonald house? It will definitely tug your heartstrings.

bumpity,, bump, bump. Bump......

Oh Dragonslayer I think I should be in your club! I see you live near Blood Mountain. OK let's go for a ride. LOL. I wish I lived that close to the Dragon area. Hey but I make it there about four times a year for from a week to a few days each.

I know the feeling. Its funny when someone here posts the dumbest question that comes up a thousand threads on a search and they get like two months of responses. Page after page. Then a person posts up a question hardley any information on it and no one answers even though you know the knowledge is here.

I think there is just a click here. You have to pay your dues and go to a few meet ups and sit around and drink, or whatever they do besides ride.

LOL I'm not quite sure. One thing is for sure. Its a highly religious site..... And clicky. Almost like a certain group own it. Don't tread on them.

A FEW people here know me, and if they do, they know how great a person I am and full of knowledge and giving. I've met people out of my way for parts, delivered parts for people, bought parts from people here, sent parts in the mail.

Yet still I'm a thread killer too!

So at least your not alone! LOL.

I recently did a wheel change tire and all. This is my first shaft drive bike. I never done one. And I've never paid a shop in 45 years of riding. I just knew it was not as hard as the manual said, they have you taking off the rear seat fender, and lots of other stuff. Good thing I had someone number on here to call and get the scoop.

Maybe your post will open up some minds and the click will loosen up a bit.

I'm afraid to show up at the international, my armor suit has some parts that rocks can get to.

I didn't see anything wrong with your avatar.

People have to realize their personal beliefs, religious and political preferences should not good them back when helping out another biker from a different way of thinking.

Know of a fire extinguisher sale?