Thread Killer championship

Dragonslayer

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see how this is going to go. Pucster is playing the humble, nobel card for donations. So if you want to play hardball.

Well, children and animals (except squirrels) love me.

I currently own 5 St.Jude T-shirts, 2 St Judes hats and 2 St.Judes pins. How many do you own Puc?

I've attended 5 Vogels invested a fortune in raffle tickets and never won more than a grab bag.

I once saved a cat from a burning building.

I kiss babes even when I'm not politicking.

It was my original idea for the Pay-it-forward forum.

oh yea, and I gave blood today... Did you Pucster?

DragonSlayer,,,, ummmm,, either I miss spoke myself in my response to Gary or you misunderstood my intent.. Had nothing to do with playing a "humble card" and never really liked Hard Ball,, I rode motorcycles instead :rotf:... I just wanted Gary to know that I would rather see a couple more bucks go to St. Judes than have any form of special personal recogition,, give it to help the kids!!!

On the same token, I commend you for all you have personally done in helping the St. Judes program!! Also,, that Pay It Forward idea is AWESOME - thanks for your doings there DragonSlayer :backinmyday:

To answer your questions:

Tippy and I did get a shirt each last year at Vogel,, we do wear em when we ride and have had people comment about em - gives me a chance to tell them about the experience we had at Vogel last year and BRAG about what folks like you, B2Mom n Dad, DragonRider, Wingman, Dokon (and all those better halfs) and many others are doing for such a great cause.. Thats the only St. Judes shirt I have..

And nope,,, I didnt give blood today (almost though cause I just about got ran over a few minutes ago on the WLA cause I got caught in a huge downpour and people in cagers went blind)...

Anyway,,, hope this helps get this whole St. Judes Auction thingy you started back on track!! Where the heck is high bid any way:confused24:

Puc

DragonSlayer,,,, ummmm,, either I miss spoke myself in my response to Gary or you misunderstood my intent.. Had nothing to do with playing a "humble card" and never really liked Hard Ball,, I rode motorcycles instead :rotf:... I just wanted Gary to know that I would rather see a couple more bucks go to St. Judes than have any form of special personal recogition,, give it to help the kids!!! Puc, don't take me too seriously, any comments made by me were intended in jest, tongue in cheek, only trying to generate interest for the cause by use of my weird sense of humor that I will admit not everyone gets.

On the same token, I commend you for all you have personally done in helping the St. Judes program!! Also,, that Pay It Forward idea is AWESOME - thanks for your doings there DragonSlayer :backinmyday:Now I'm embarrassed, I'm not in it for the person glory, But, make no mistake about it. I'm in it to win it for the kids.

To answer your questions:

Tippy and I did get a shirt each last year at Vogel,, we do wear em when we ride and have had people comment about em - gives me a chance to tell them about the experience we had at Vogel last year and BRAG about what folks like you, B2Mom n Dad, DragonRider, Wingman, Dokon (and all those better halfs) and many others are doing for such a great cause.. Thats the only St. Judes shirt I have..There's no rules against buying, bidding for or dickering for as many St. Judes paraphernalia as you want or can afford to purchase... Just ask Dragonrider

And nope,,, I didnt give blood today (almost though cause I just about got ran over a few minutes ago on the WLA cause I got caught in a huge downpour and people in cagers went blind)... Don't hurt yourself on my account

Anyway,,, hope this helps get this whole St. Judes Auction thingy you started back on track!! Where the heck is high bid any way:confused24:

Puc

I don't know, it's not like I haven't been trying to stir up interest all day.

Ok boys (and girls)...

I like the direction this is taking...members going in together and pooling their bids!!! that is awesome! HOWEVER, (and correct me if I'm wrong...) does this mean that we will get ALL the money that is bid...or only the money from the "winning" team? (just asking...)

Would be freaking awesome if ALL the money that is bid be donated for St. Jude's. Since there is no Vogel this year, we need all we can get. And of course...bragging rights for Champion Thread Killer...could even be a trophy in it...hmmm....I'm sure we could dig up something.

So how about it folks? Who's in? Who is GAME????? Who is MASTER GAMER? There is a TITLE at stake here for HIGH bidder and team!!! Post your BID here on THIS thread!!!!

SO THIS IS WHAT I PROPOSE:

GAME will end Saturday, May 17th...11 am (central time). (I am going to be busy folks getting things ready for the meet...I have cooking to do...and things to set up...so I may ask for help from my crew here to check on this.) Any thoughts on this?

With a huge thank you to all of you involved...

Patti

Personally I like the idea of making what ever we bid a donation,, what a great cause... We could have a Master Thread Killers badge (something that shows up under their avatar) /trophy for whoever wins the actual high bid and then another simular Badge that would read something like "Member - Thread Killers Association" for all who participated in the bidding and followed thru with their donations...

If it hasnt been done already, it might not be a bad idea to have a moderator close that other thread I started... Course,, if they do it means I am the Master Thread Killer right :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

How's that for playing Hard Ball Dragonslayer :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ok boys (and girls)...

I like the direction this is taking...members going in together and pooling their bids!!! that is awesome! HOWEVER, (and correct me if I'm wrong...) does this mean that we will get ALL the money that is bid...or only the money from the "winning" team? (just asking...) This I guess should be by personal choice, As for me I will make this pledge. If at the time of the killin I'm not in the lead I will throw my accumulated bid to the highest bid leading team.

Would be freaking awesome if ALL the money that is bid be donated for St. Jude's. Since there is no Vogel this year, we need all we can get. And of course...bragging rights for Champion Thread Killer...could even be a trophy in it...hmmm....I'm sure we could dig up something.

So how about it folks? Who's in? Who is GAME????? Who is MASTER GAMER? There is a TITLE at stake here for HIGH bidder and team!!! Post your BID here on THIS thread!!!!Let's make it more interesting.. For a pledge of say $50.00 to the Dragonslayer aka D.G.M. :12101:I will shave my head..and challenge the other contestants to do the same.

SO THIS IS WHAT I PROPOSE:

GAME will end Saturday, May 17th...11 am (central time). (I am going to be busy folks getting things ready for the meet...I have cooking to do...and things to set up...so I may ask for help from my crew here to check on this.) Any thoughts on this? I was planning to come to your M & E and since this was all my doing I'll take the responsibility.

With a huge thank you to all of you involved...

Patti

Now I want to see some real campaigning and creative gamesmanship. Just remember this is all in fun and intended to raise :mo money:for the kids at St.Jude. Supporters throw your money the way of the contestant that shows the most flair, creativity and gamesmanship in the Thread Killer Championship. Edited by Dragonslayer

Puc,

See how masterfully the D.G.M :12101:has masterminded this diabolical plot. Not only did he create a Thread Killer Championship thread that could not be killed. He masterminded a way to kill it where it is a win win win for everybody involved.

If you win you win the Title of Master Thread Killer and VR wide recognition.

If you lose you still get the recognition of not being the Thread Killer.

Either way the Kids at St.Jude win.:clap2::mo money:

:12101:Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, HA:nanner:

Puc,

See how masterfully the D.G.M :12101:has masterminded this diabolical plot. Not only did he create a Thread Killer Championship thread that could not be killed. He masterminded a way to kill it where it is a win win win for everybody involved.

If you win you win the Title of Master Thread Killer and VR wide recognition.

If you lose you still get the recognition of not being the Thread Killer.

Either way the Kids at St.Jude win.:clap2::mo money:

:12101:Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, HA:nanner:

WE will just start another ONE!!!!!!!!!!

The "Why" thread is as good as dead. Once a thread slides down past the 4th page it aint hardley breathing anymore. It's time to throw dirt on it.

Yea but,,, people been resurrecting old threads (like the Y) all winter long,,, I done got suckered into responding to those old threads so many times during the winter I was beginning to feel like Lazerous stuck in a turn style:detective:

Yea but,,, people been resurrecting old threads (like the Y) all winter long,,, I done got suckered into responding to those old threads so many times during the winter I was beginning to feel like Lazerous stuck in a turn style:detective:
Yes but, yet you keep coming back.

Lazerous... Interesting biblical reference.... Wasn't he the one looking for an honest man?........... Did they have turn styles back in them days?

Lazerous... Interesting biblical reference.... Wasn't he the one looking for an honest man?........... Did they have turn styles back in them days?

That was Da-ah-Gee- knees (can't spell) Bob. Went around looking for honest man with a lantern. Still would have trouble I think even with LED lights!!:innocent: Don't know about turnstiles. Being a preachers son I couldn't let that one go.

where's the vr members that are bidding??? anyone??? Dragonslayer is offering to SHAVE HIS HEAD for pete's sake!!!! I might would pay to see that !!! Wouldn't you?

Ummm,,, Mom,,, after 40 plus years of looking at a "shaved" head in the mirror do you really expect me to get overly excited about watching one of my buddies do that to himself :rotf::rotf:

Now if that rascal could make mine grow back,, THAT I would pay to see:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

OK I gots a $20 to see that!!!

Reminds me of Squid and Hal...

OK your on, :thumbsup2: let's give it a few days to see if others want to add to the bid to reach $50.00 at that point I will take and post pics of me shaving my head and will keep it shaved until at least May 17th when this competition will end.

That was Da-ah-Gee- knees (can't spell) Bob. Went around looking for honest man with a lantern. Still would have trouble I think even with LED lights!!:innocent: Don't know about turnstiles. Being a preachers son I couldn't let that one go.

Sorry, I stand corrected. :doh:

It's been a long time since my early Biblical training and at this stage of life my memory aint always so good. :whistling:

The "Why" thread is as good as dead. Once a thread slides down past the 4th page it aint hardley breathing anymore. It's time to throw dirt on it.

OK with that corrections I don't get Puc's, Lazerous on a turn style reference.

Could someone splain it to me?

:confused24:

Sheesh DragonSlayer,, what a tuff crowd,, can sure tell these guys didnt watch Batman having a dialog with the Riddler much:confused24:

Ok,, I will splain it to ya,, been waiting long enough..

Jesus brought Lazerous back from the dead - Lazerous was "resurrected"... I took your reference of throwing dirt on a thread after it was 4 pages out as meaning it was dead.. People have been bringing back dead threads (resurrecting them) - (like the Y thread) all winter and I cannot tell you how many times I have got caught responding to them before I realised that someone had "resurrected" yet another one!! I got so wrapped up in responding to "dead" and than "resurrected" threads that I felt like I was stuck going round and round in in one of those revolving doors (turn style) - first I think its "alive" (current), then I find out it was "dead and buried" and had been "resurrected",, over and over again,, round and round,, alive/dead/alive/dead/alive/dead/alive/dead,,, like Lazerous caught on an alive/dead turn style....

Didnt mean to confuse ya brother,, this stuff just pops into my head and I put it out there,,,,, got in lots of trouble in my life for that:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: