IGNORED

paint codes

northern venture

I have access to a paint booth and would like to paint and touch up the various scratches that appear in spite being diligent and protecting said motor bike.

I have an '87 Venture Royale with the gold and tan colours. Questioning various paint/auto part stores bring the "glazed over eye" look as if I had stepped off flying saucer.

Can anyone provide me with codes for the various paint suppliers out there?

tanx

:stirthepot:

Don't know how this ended up under videos...could just be in the General Discussion area.

Paint codes - http://www.venturerider.org/paint/PaintChartRef___00001.html (page 22 for '87)

You'll see a Search drop down on the bar towards the top of the screen. Towards the bottom of the pop-up window you'll see "Google Search". Type in what you are looking for and click on the VentureRider radio button, then the Google Search button. That makes it easy to find what you are looking for.

I have access to a paint booth and would like to paint and touch up the various scratches that appear in spite being diligent and protecting said motor bike.

I have an '87 Venture Royale with the gold and tan colours. Questioning various paint/auto part stores bring the "glazed over eye" look as if I had stepped off flying saucer.

Can anyone provide me with codes for the various paint suppliers out there?

tanx

:stirthepot:

Alluvial Gold is the primary color; Yamaha code 00EM, Color Rite code 5305UL

Silky Gold is the Secondary color; Yamaha code 00EN, Color Rite code 5310U, 1200U

Go to this thread for more information: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82113

• 3 weeks later...
I have been looking for the paint colors for the 2000 MM Millennium. The paint code chart only goes up to 1998. Does anyone know where the 2nd gen paint color codes are?

Color Rite:

Code Paint Name CommentColor ChipColorRite TopColorRite Base00Y9 New Pearl White (NPW) 5993 1993 00TL Ceramic Ivory (CRI) 5536-1 1536

I think the below are the colour code names from Yamaha. You can double check since the code names from Yamaha are usually printed on a sticker that is either under the driver seat on the seat pan itself or on the bikes frame under the driver seat:

Ceramic Ivory = 00TL

New Pearl White= 00Y9

I took the paint codes into my local paint supplier and he got that same glazed over look. Said he did not have anything to tell him what those colors were.

But he also had no problem mixing up a pint of paint that matches perfectly. The computer scan got it close and then he tweaked it by eye. I could see no differences as he added a drop of this and a drop of that until it was just right.

I took the paint codes into my local paint supplier and he got that same glazed over look. Said he did not have anything to tell him what those colors were.

But he also had no problem mixing up a pint of paint that matches perfectly. The computer scan got it close and then he tweaked it by eye. I could see no differences as he added a drop of this and a drop of that until it was just right.

Yes, some of these guys are really good at this.

When I was gonna have a insurance Millenium bike spot painted in Iceland my painter did numerous tries to match the paint but was far from being satisfied. I myself could not see any difference and thought it to be a perfect match. In the end he refused to paint the bike in the Millenium colour combo and we went Candy Apple Red. Bike turned out great but there sure were some people (in the US) that were not to happy with me :(

Not gonna name any names but I hope Vicky has forgiven me :whistling:

Just go to you local auto paint supplier and ask if the have the machine that analyzes paint. They can just set it on the saddle bag or gas tank and it will give them an accurate mixture code. If you use the paint code from color rite, which is some of THE most expensive paint out there, it probably won't match. You have to take into consideration that the paint has faded, probably a lot. A paint code is not going to account for this. Actually analyzing the paint will get you a better match.