IGNORED

Triple Tree ?

rob0361

Hello everyone,

I am new to VentureRiders and this is my first post, so go easy on me. I recently bought a 2007 Royal Star Venture with the 35th anniversary Hannigan trike kit installed. Well its only taken 2 weeks too figure out that this beautiful trike needs to be raked. I am 6'3 & 210 pounds but trying to man handle this thing in the curves is a pain in the shoulders and arms. My question is which degree triple tree should i use and who is the best to buy it from. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob

Welcome to the site. Get ahold of Hannigan and get their easy-steer trees, they are a 6* rake and make handling much easier. You may also want to consider upgrading the handlebars to a set of Flanders bars. When I installed the Flanders bars it was like adding power steering.

Welcome to the site. Get ahold of Hannigan and get their easy-steer trees, they are a 6* rake and make handling much easier. You may also want to consider upgrading the handlebars to a set of Flanders bars. When I installed the Flanders bars it was like adding power steering.

Ok, I will give Hannigan a call and see what they say. Now do the Flanders bars pull back further too you than the stock Yamaha bars or would I need too change the risers also. Thanks Rob

You probably have already checked this but are you sure that the trike does not have the Easy Steer already installed? It will say so etched right across the top as you look at the tree across the gas cap. Even with the easy steer the trike still needs good bit of power in corners.

You probably have already checked this but are you sure that the trike does not have the Easy Steer already installed? It will say so etched right across the top as you look at the tree across the gas cap. Even with the easy steer the trike still needs good bit of power in corners.

No I have not checked to see if it is installed on it or not. I just figured as tough as it was to steer into the curves that the previous owner did not get this installed. Any other way to tell if a raked triple tree has been installed other than it saying so on top.

Welcome aboard Rob! Well, with rakes the further you get the front tire away from the rear the better it steers but at the cost of turning radius (gimme 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around). Generally we use a 6 degree rake as mentioned. As also mentioned getting some pullback with either Baron's risers or Flanders bars or both helps out a little to a lot. Another thing to check is rear tire pressure. You should be running around 24 psi give or take, with the front more like 36 psi or more. Lastly, use a rear tire mounted backwards on the front for a little better steering control. Dunlop makes an E3 in the correct size.

You may also like to join us venturerider trikers on this website...

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/

Here are a couple pictures, the first two is of the Hannigan trees and the last two is the stock Yamaha trees. The Flanders bars give you a little wider grip and a few inches of pulback. I have a picture of them on my wifes RSV Hannigan, as soon as I find the pic I'll post it. In the last pic you can see our bikes side by side, the trike has the rake kit and Flanders, the 2 wheeler is stock trees and bars with Barons risers.

Edited by ragtop69gs

Run a Michelin CommanderII rear tire mounted in reverse rotation up front, made a good difference on our's for cornering. Much less feeling of the tire sliding to the outside in high speed turns, has good wet traction too. 41 psi is what I run in the front tire.

Welcome aboard Rob! Well, with rakes the further you get the front tire away from the rear the better it steers but at the cost of turning radius (gimme 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around). Generally we use a 6 degree rake as mentioned. As also mentioned getting some pullback with either Baron's risers or Flanders bars or both helps out a little to a lot. Another thing to check is rear tire pressure. You should be running around 24 psi give or take, with the front more like 36 psi or more. Lastly, use a rear tire mounted backwards on the front for a little better steering control. Dunlop makes an E3 in the correct size.

You may also like to join us venturerider trikers on this website...

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/

Thanks for the welcomes gentleman. I dont think this trike had been raked by the previous owner but I could be mistaken. But I am not for sure to tell if it has or not. I am just going by feel and it is a battle to get her to turn in the curves.

Here are a couple picifures, the first two is of the Hannigan trees and the last two is the stock Yamaha trees. The Flanders bars give you a little wider grip and a few inches of pulback. I have a picture of them on my wifes RSV Hannigan, as soon as I find the pic I'll post it. In the last pic you can see our bikes side by side, the trike has the rake kit and Flanders, the 2 wheeler is stock trees and bars with Barons risers.

Ok I will take a look when I get home and see if I can tell if its stock or an after market tree. Thanks for the pics.

Welcome to the VR site and the world of three wheelers. The guys have given you some great info so far. Nothing I can add to at the moment anyhow.

If your bike doesn't have the raked trees then adding them will greatly reduce steering effort. Well worth the costs and trouble of installing them IMHO.

Larry

Welcome to the VR site and the world of three wheelers. The guys have given you some great info so far. Nothing I can add to at the moment anyhow.

If your bike doesn't have the raked trees then adding them will greatly reduce steering effort. Well worth the costs and trouble of installing them IMHO.

Larry

Get off the computer and get back to work on John's aux fuel tank ! You don't have time for any jaw jacking :whistling: :rotfl:

Here is a brilliant idea. Two rear brake pedals, one for right wheel and other for left wheel.

Makes those trikes spin on a dime when you punch one brake lever and steer into turn.

:lightbulb:

Gary

HMMMMM drifting trikes, ok but you get to try that one first.:080402gudl_prv:

I almost bet it is raked already. If your REALLY new it this 3 wheel adventure

it is NOTHING like two wheels. give it a few hundred miles and you won't even notice it remember it will be push/pull now and not leaning.

*ENJOY*

and WELCONE !

Jeff

Here is a brilliant idea. Two rear brake pedals, one for right wheel and other for left wheel.

Makes those trikes spin on a dime when you punch one brake lever and steer into turn.

:lightbulb:

Gary

Gary...Gary...Gary, You just ain't right boy :doh: Would be interesting though the first time you missed a pedal in a panic stop :yikes:

Ok guys I took some nice pics of the triple tree with my phone last night and tried to upload them for all of you to see but I keep getting an error message and it wont upload them. HELP!!!!!! Darn smart phones arent so smart or maybe its just the operator. lol