IGNORED

Ok This is getting old now.

Flyinfool

I don't mind winter.

I even like SNOW.

It does not even bother me that there has only been one weekend this winter that did not have a measurable snowfall. Our longest stretch of days with no snowfall is at 3.

But this sub zero cold is getting real old now. We are about to break the record for most sub zero days in a single winter.

We have not had a single whole day that the temp did not drop below freezing.

We have only had 4 days where the high temp cracked freezing.

We are on pace for the 10th coldest winter on record. Records go back to mid 1800s.

My heating bills are down rite scarey. But the gas company sure seems to like it.

The long range horrorcast is for a lot more cold to come.

I sure wish you guys up in Canada would shut your back door so this cold stops flowing on down here.

Yes I'm whining.:crying:

Deal with it...... :rasberry: :bang head: :essen_018:

For your information, January was the 4th warmest on record.......for the world. For most of the world, most temps were above normal, it is just that we have had these continuous dips in the jet stream here in the US pulling down the artic cold.

Our temp was about 68 today, but we may have about an inch of snow by in the morning. We have been lucky here in NE TN this year as most of the ice and snow has either went north or south of us.

RandyA

Jeff,

We have of course had the same weather and I'm dam tired of it.

By the way this is the third coldest winter for us.

Also we have had nearly 6 feet of snow and its not over yet.

BOO

So you wouldnt be interested in hearing the wife and I had a nice 86 degree day trip of 170 miles up to Plant City to the strawberry festival. Strawberry short cakes, roasted corn on the cobb, just about any kind of fair food you can think of. MMMMM Oops sorry :whistling: I heard a rumor summer was on its way up that way, but decided to stay south for a couple more months

Jeff I havent had a weekend off since the begining of December, Getting real tired of sliding aound in my 40,000 pound plow truck on this ice.

Sure would like to see some sun and 30's we had better hope for a slow melt with over 6feet of frost in the ground, if it warms up fast now with all of this snow there is going to be alot of water heading south in a hurry.

Maybe if we all go and buy a new snow shovel it will quit.

Orlin

With the sub zeros for the next few days I am starting to worry about the water and sewer lines to my house. they are around 6 feet deep.

Many parts of the city have issued running faucet orders. You are required to leave a faucet running with a pencil size stream 24/7 till further notice, to keep the pipes from freezing.

Edited by Flyinfool

20 below here for tonight and wind chills in the 30 below mark, but its looking better towards midweek up towards the 30's sure will be wellcomed.

The towns around here are having everyone keep water runing so the mains and sewer lines wont freeze up. I have had to fix one water line so far been lucky.

Orlin

Man I feel the pain for all of you living in the northern climes and having to deal with the snow, ice, and cold. I spent 39 Winters in Noo England and the older I got the more harsher the Winter's seemed to get.

There are a few things I miss about living up North. The twisting roads up there are awesome to ride; the Maine lobster & Clambakes are to drool for; and wood burning fireplaces can make for memorable nights....:whistling:

Despite all that I am truly happy to be here in the deep South. My roots go deep here and my Cajun food, music, and traditions make it all great for me.

Stay warm guys....Spring is right around the corner!

Boomer....who sez if ya got family/friends around you then any place on earth is livable.:cool10:

Depending on what web site you look at, I live close to the 6th coldest city in the U.S. We are living up to that again this year too. I like winter too, but this really sucks. Frost is over 6 feet deep here as well. As far as snow goes, we arent overly deep. Matter of fact thanks to some -40 plus windchill days where we had winds gust up to 70mph one night, and 50 mph plus about a week later, I have lots of bare spots showing in my yard. I have been on my house twice repairing lost shingles. Lucky I got days where it got up over 20 degrees and I put shingles in front of a heater to get them nice and warm to help try and seal them up when i got them on the roof. This summer I will have to fix the roof properly......SUCKS

I don't mind winter.

I even like SNOW.

It does not even bother me that there has only been one weekend this winter that did not have a measurable snowfall. Our longest stretch of days with no snowfall is at 3.

But this sub zero cold is getting real old now. We are about to break the record for most sub zero days in a single winter.

We have not had a single whole day that the temp did not drop below freezing.

We have only had 4 days where the high temp cracked freezing.

We are on pace for the 10th coldest winter on record. Records go back to mid 1800s.

My heating bills are down rite scarey. But the gas company sure seems to like it.

The long range horrorcast is for a lot more cold to come.

I sure wish you guys up in Canada would shut your back door so this cold stops flowing on down here.

Yes I'm whining.:crying:

Deal with it...... :rasberry: :bang head: :essen_018:

Come on you know how us Canuks like to share eh!!! So we're just sharing some of our fine winter with ya eh!! :group cheers:

For your information, January was the 4th warmest on record.......for the world. For most of the world, most temps were above normal, it is just that we have had these continuous dips in the jet stream here in the US pulling down the artic cold.

Our temp was about 68 today, but we may have about an inch of snow by in the morning. We have been lucky here in NE TN this year as most of the ice and snow has either went north or south of us.

RandyA

Not buying the "pause" in global warming argument. we are on par or a little colder than 1982 here with more moisture for our region.

I have plenty of river ICE to sell any doubters